Cibaresh Daemons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Cibaresh Daemons

Has anyone done any Cibaresh Daemons since the new lore dropped?

I’m at a loss for how to paint them gold without making them look like statues or brass which would be suited more for Vanadra.

I’ve been considering using chameleon paint for an otherworldly organic look, specifically these:
      greenstuffworld.com/en/chamele…ft-mystic-gold-paint.html
      greenstuffworld.com/en/chamele…t-burning-gold-paint.html

My other idea is human flesh tones with gold brushed and lined on top of it.
    • Given a long time ago in one of WDG subforums for both armies, similar informations in the WDG book, even if things change quickly for deamons this should still be valid...

Savar, the Fallen Star, Dark God of Pride
      Purple/Blue
      The Fallen Star draws others with his same self destructive impulses. Those who have fallen from exalted stations and consider their abilities to set them above others, yet cannot hold power in their native communities, find natural homes with the Morning Star. Clothing themselves in regal blues and purples, they adorn themselves with crowns, stars and heraldry, seeking to claim titles for themselves they were denied in their past lives.

Kuulima, Lady of the Flies, Goddess of Envy
      Green (for gear not from other cultures)
      The fly on the wall, the Schemer, Kuulima sees the power of others and desired it for herself. She is bolstered by the envy of Mortals and their plots and jealousies. Some of her followers believe her to be the great leveller, who will set all peoples on level ground. The less noble minded of her worshippers simply desire what others have and seek the strength to take it. While many take on Kuulima's icon of the flyand the green associated with her, they largely surround themselves with stolen heraldry, armours and weapons.

Vanadra, the Adversary, Goddes of Wrath
      Red and black hands
      Vanadra's eternal fury is fuelled by betrayals and injustices, and the drive to seek out and punish those traitors. So did Wrath and her followers become the vanguard of Father Chaos' forces, and also those who strive against perceived injustice and betrayers of the Dark Gods' principles of freedom. With cruel armour the red of blood, and black gauntlets as though coated in viscera, they strike fear into the hearts of the Dark Gods' enemies.

Nukuja, the Sleeper, Goddess of Sloth
      Dirty White and Rust
      The Watcher, Nukuja sees all things. She knows the end approaches, knows the death of all Mortal life. Her followers believe she will observe the end of things. Taking their cues from her, they have a timeless appearance, ancient armour and weapons put to good use in her service. Under the sign of the locust their dirty white cloaks cover rusted metals, but they are no less dangerous for that decay.

Sugulag, the Collector, God of Greed
      Brass and Gold Faces/Helmets
      Unlike other Dark Gods, Sugulag collects more than simply power though, lost items of all nature find their way to his followers and into their grasping hands. Misers and thieves find a home with the Collector, embellished with brass, chain formed of interconnected coins, and golden faced demonic helms, always turning towards the possessions of others.

Akaan, the Devourer, God of Gluttony
      Brown/Rotten Green
      Cursed with gross and disfiguring afflictions, the followers of Akaan devour all beauty before him. Gluttons everywhere sought his blessing, and received his accursed appearance, leaving their jaws exposed even in combat, the fear of being consumed filling all those who encounter the Devourer's disciples. Browns and rotten greens form their colourings, all beneath the sign of the Lamprey, representing their eternal hunger.

Cibaresh, the Tempter, God of Lust
      Violet/Blue
      Cibaresh is fabled for tying with mortals, throwing temptations in their path in the hope of subverting their religious instructions. To him are drawn the deviants and the debauched, often drawn from those with the strictest of upbringings. The lips and tongue of seduction decorate their attire and standards, vibrant violet and blues leaving no doubt of their intentions, while their disconcerting and often beautiful masks conceal the sadistic and lecherous individuals beneath.
    • I've seen these ones, but I don't know if it's the same for the Daemons. The OP seems to imply there is lore support for gold and brass Cibaresh somewhere (unless it's just a Cibaresh/Sugulag mixup?).

Edit: I mean,if we stick with the WDG scheme, the chameleon paint looks awesome for Sugulag Daemons :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Thrymfjord ().

• Thrymfjord wrote:

I've seen these ones, but I don't know if it's the same for the Daemons. The OP seems to imply there is lore support for gold and brass Cibaresh somewhere (unless it's just a Cibaresh/Sugulag mixup?).

Edit: I mean,if we stick with the WDG scheme, the chameleon paint looks awesome for Sugulag Daemons :D
      9th Scroll #10, on page 6 and 7 describes the Heralds of each Dark God. Cibaresh is said to be gold.

I missed some of the things said in the forums though which Desmoze pointed out. I thought the gold applied to the entire army. My mistake.
    • Thrymfjord wrote:

Thanks a lot!

So the Cibaresh Herald (if it is indeed the Heralds, and not the GDs that are described) is a tall or high-flying ("his trembling height was a blur") golden daemon with scythe-claws.

What about some sort of non-metallic golden hue, washed with metallic gold? Maybe with a gloss varnish?
      Hadn’t considered that. I saw Secret Weapon has a gold wash, but couldn’t find any examples of it used.