New Recruit: Builder Site/App for T9A. 18 armies (2020) supported. 100% free.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• I tried New Recruit since Battlescribe has problems with iOS and I like how New Recruit works. It's very easy to create a list, but changing list is very confusing.
    I tried making two different lists and sometimes it's possible to choose the one to look at, other times it just gives me one list and I don't understand how to go back to all the lists. This is very confusing.
    Now if I look from my phone I see one list, if I look from my laptop I see another one, but it should be Synced.
    If you can please make a button on the top "view lists" and "create new list".
  • TheChange wrote:

I tried New Recruit since Battlescribe has problems with iOS and I like how New Recruit works. It's very easy to create a list, but changing list is very confusing.
    I tried making two different lists and sometimes it's possible to choose the one to look at, other times it just gives me one list and I don't understand how to go back to all the lists. This is very confusing.
    Now if I look from my phone I see one list, if I look from my laptop I see another one, but it should be Synced.
    Hey,

I don't really understand what's confusing, I never had this kind of feedback before.

There is a "My Lists" section with 3 select boxes where you can select the game version, the army book (this box will only contain army books for which you have at least 1 list), and the lists you created with the selected army book. Just select a different list in the third box to switch to an other list. If lists are from different books, you will have to select the army book first and then the list.

The list displayed by default is the last list you modified on your current device.

@Everyone

The SSL certificate for New Recruit expired today and I only renewed now so if you had weird security errors this morning it's normal. I have to renew the certificate every three months and I forgot to do it in advance this time.
  • flammy` wrote:

TheChange wrote:

I tried New Recruit since Battlescribe has problems with iOS and I like how New Recruit works. It's very easy to create a list, but changing list is very confusing.
    Hey,
    I don't really understand what's confusing, I never had this kind of feedback before.

There is a "My Lists" section with 3 select boxes where you can select the game version, the army book (this box will only contain army books for which you have at least 1 list), and the lists you created with the selected army book. Just select a different list in the third box to switch to an other list. If lists are from different books, you will have to select the army book first and then the list.

The list displayed by default is the last list you modified on your current device.

@Everyone

The SSL certificate for New Recruit expired today and I only renewed now so if you had weird security errors this morning it's normal. I have to renew the certificate every three months and I forgot to do it in advance this time.
    Maybe he hasn't figured out how to sync lists yet? Afaik you can otherwise only access locally stored lists, right?
  • First all great initiative,

I was playing around with Warriors of the dark gods, and when I pick Greed on a Chosen Lord it automatically picks Paired Weapons, Great Weapon, Halberd, as the mark gives.
    But when I try this with Warriors(with champion), Warrior Knights(with champion), Chosen Chariot and Chosen, it does not do the same as with the Lord.
    I was thinking either do the same as the Lord, or put Paired Weapons, Great Weapon, Halberd to 0pts when picking Greed.
  • flammy` wrote:

TheChange wrote:

Hey,

@Everyone

Thanks for you reply. I don’t know why, but at the beginning it was quite confusing, but after a some more tries I figured out how to make it work correctly.
    It is the tool I am now using and am happy with it. Thanks!
  • hutti wrote:

was playing around with Warriors of the dark gods, and when I pick Greed on a Chosen Lord it automatically picks Paired Weapons, Great Weapon, Halberd, as the mark gives.
    But when I try this with Warriors(with champion), Warrior Knights(with champion), Chosen Chariot and Chosen, it does not do the same as with the Lord.
    I was thinking either do the same as the Lord, or put Paired Weapons, Great Weapon, Halberd to 0pts when picking Greed.
    Hey, that's a good call I forgot to implement Greed for units other than Chosen Lord, I will do it so it will work in the same way, probably tomorrow.

TheChange wrote:

Thanks for you reply. I don’t know why, but at the beginning it was quite confusing, but after a some more tries I figured out how to make it work correctly.
    It is the tool I am now using and am happy with it. Thanks!
    Nice :) I was worried you had some kind of bug going on, but I'm glad everything is working. I tried to make the interface as simple and intuitive as I could but I understand why it might be confusing at first.

warchef wrote:

Unless you have some extraordinary setup, the certbot tools should allow you renew it automatically fairly easy.
    This is true, I admit I didn't bother looking because I figured spending 2 minutes every 3 months wasn't a big deal but since I often forget stuff it will be better to have it renew automatically :)
  • New

Gingersmali wrote:

Hey,

Just noticed a pricing error.

The Headhunter big name should be 30pts not 40pts.

version 1.16.

hope this helps,
    Hello,

Are you sure you create a version 2020 list? If you are using a version 2.0 or 2.1 list there could be errors or outdated data. I left these for people who have older version lists but there might be outdated data or unfixed errors in older versions.
  • New

Blindhawk wrote:

Nemeroth wrote:

Just wanted to say I started using new recruit as battlescribe is suddenly useless on iPhone and I probably won’t go back. Brilliant work. X
    Same here!!!...
    ... but i noticed that for Dread Elves the Assasin can't get any Option vor Master Poisoner ... would love to see this fixed <3
    It works on mine dude.
  • New

hutti wrote:

I was playing around with Warriors of the dark gods, and when I pick Greed on a Chosen Lord it automatically picks Paired Weapons, Great Weapon, Halberd, as the mark gives.
    I have a question about Warrior Knights here. Do Warrior Knights with Greed still have optional access to Lance on top of the 3 weapons provided by Greed?

EDIT: For now I assumed Warrior Knights still have access to Lance if they have Greed so in New Recruit Greed gives them Halberd, GW and PW and lets them get Lance on top if it for 7 pts / model. I will change it if it isn't right.

I fixed this issue for all units that have access to Greed.

I also fixed the bug in DL that would not update the max Manifestations point allocation for Omen of Savar and Sentinel of Nukuja if you selected the mount first before selecting General.

I made a small change to the algorithm for these features to work, any change I make can potentially cause problems elsewhere, I hope this won't be the case though. I haven't had time to set up proper testing yet but I might do it sometime to avoid creating bugs on older features when I make changes.

I also fixed an issue with the Stats page, however this page is not working properly because only a few reports are accounted for although about 90 have been file so far for friendly games. I will work on fixing this page next and I encourage everyone to submit reports for their friendly games. Although the stats page itself is kindof broken and not complete at all, the reporting feature works well so every report you file is saved in the database and will be very valuable as soon as I get the stats page working reliably. It's also nice for keeping your personal stats.

The post was edited 1 time, last by flammy` ().

• New

flammy` wrote:

Gingersmali wrote:

Hey,

Just noticed a pricing error.

The Headhunter big name should be 30pts not 40pts.

version 1.16.

hope this helps,
    Hello,
    Are you sure you create a version 2020 list? If you are using a version 2.0 or 2.1 list there could be errors or outdated data. I left these for people who have older version lists but there might be outdated data or unfixed errors in older versions.
    yup OK 2020, still seems to be wrong points, and I just forced updated.
  • New

Gingersmali wrote:

yup OK 2020, still seems to be wrong points, and I just forced updated.
    Have you created a new character or are you using a character that was possibly created in an older version of New Recruit? Right now because of the way data files are handled, you need to create a new unit for changes to take effect. If you create a new Great Khan Headhunter should be 30 points. I know this is not obvious but I repeated it again and again in this thread and forgot some new users might not be aware of this limitation. I would like to fix this issue and have lists automatically update when I make change but it's not as simple to do as it might seem.
  • New

flammy` wrote:

hutti wrote:

I have a question about Warrior Knights here. Do Warrior Knights with Greed still have optional access to Lance on top of the 3 weapons provided by Greed?
    EDIT: For now I assumed Warrior Knights still have access to Lance if they have Greed so in New Recruit Greed gives them Halberd, GW and PW and lets them get Lance on top if it for 7 pts / model. I will change it if it isn't right.

I fixed this issue for all units that have access to Greed.

I also fixed the bug in DL that would not update the max Manifestations point allocation for Omen of Savar and Sentinel of Nukuja if you selected the mount first before selecting General.

I made a small change to the algorithm for these features to work, any change I make can potentially cause problems elsewhere, I hope this won't be the case though. I haven't had time to set up proper testing yet but I might do it sometime to avoid creating bugs on older features when I make changes.

I also fixed an issue with the Stats page, however this page is not working properly because only a few reports are accounted for although about 90 have been file so far for friendly games. I will work on fixing this page next and I encourage everyone to submit reports for their friendly games. Although the stats page itself is kindof broken and not complete at all, the reporting feature works well so every report you file is saved in the database and will be very valuable as soon as I get the stats page working reliably. It's also nice for keeping your personal stats.

With DL, there are sometimes bugs when you change the unit options a lot.

I have hard time reproduce them on purpose but I saw several times :
    * Aves category total not correct : happen when you take Blazen glory, take fly, copy for a second blazing glory, then cancel fly option.
    * Mirrored scales not indicated in character details, neither in "all army sumary" => have to delete the character and add him again