Ideas for SA 205

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• MountainBuns wrote:

Can we just talk about how the demons get +2 veil tokens and +1 casting modifier and ...
    Wysiwyg? This is another incoherent rule that we are forced to follow while others (for example again the DL) are allowed to ignore, with their marks or aspects or whatever are they called now. But this is it, the people who has the most power in this community clearly don’t own our army, so they don’t give a sh*t about it. They only have eyes for their armies, aka chaos, VS and the most popular (and of course powerful) armies. We are resignated to be waiting in this point, a point that denies us to bring one big SW unit with one totem and some other smaller with another totem; skink characters with lower Di than most skink units in the army... and a lot more
  • That's why I think we need to make extra effort to creat something interesting and balanced that we can give to them just for a sign. If we can do something that will require little time from them they will me more willing to accept it earlier.
    ETC for life!
    2017 Team Poland cherleader - got married
    Team Poland Lizardman and Beastman - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
    Team Russia Lizardman 2006
  • The FAB process will of course use every scource it has avaiable.

Good and balanced ideas of course have a better chance to be used than total op things.

But to wish for a simple sign off is setting yourself up for a dissapointment.

Advisary Board Member

Workfields: Tournament Analysis, Army Community Support, Playtesting, Community Engagement, Translation/ United Nations DE Blog: Inside TA. The biggest german Tabletop Board: tabletopwelt.de
  • Plans and requests for outscourcing like that have and I am sure still will fail/ be denied.

FAB production takes the background into consideration big.

As it is also the biggest transport of the background the information gap make it hard to design into the correct direction.

It would be a miracle if you designed into that direction as even the best designers cant design into the blind and hope to hit the target.

Advisary Board Member

Workfields: Tournament Analysis, Army Community Support, Playtesting, Community Engagement, Translation/ United Nations DE Blog: Inside TA. The biggest german Tabletop Board: tabletopwelt.de
  • Sure, I understand what you mean. Nontheless it's better to try and even if we fail we might inspire some interesting direction and what we expect as SA players from our book playstyle. As for synergy with background direction I'm pretty sure Saurians will not change much ;)
    ETC for life!
    2017 Team Poland cherleader - got married
    Team Poland Lizardman and Beastman - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
    Team Russia Lizardman 2006
  • First of all, before expressing the substance of my thoughts, I would like to thank all 9th Age members who are involved with the community and who are in direct contact with us. Notably @Just_Flo, @marcema (for the SA section) and all the others.

Indeed, you do this work voluntarily, on your personal time in spite of your family and professional life. And for that, I thank you very much. I would like to participate as much as you in the development of 9th Age. But, unfortunately, I do not speak as well as you English. You are always frank, pleasant and polite. That should not be easy in the face of some of our remarks.

For information, since the rampage of the Warhammer Battle fluff by his father GW and the stupid rules of AoS, I had resigned myself

to stopping the game of fantastic ranged battles and I had moved to smaller games or less expensive like Infinity The Game.

My group of Warhammer Battle players managed to get me to test the 9th Age despite unstable versions, an aging community and no renewal possible. I came here and I tasted it. I enjoyed it very much. I thought the project was beautiful. So I took out my figurines and I did some tournaments. Where I live, many players had switched to Warhammer 40k, Warmachine / Horde, King of War. Others had even stopped like me.

For a year, I did not have a player. I went to tournaments, the flower to the rifle, without training. The following year, I managed to find a player. At the base, he was more a painter than a player. But I managed to initiate him and give him a taste of the game and even the tournament. During this year, we made 9th Age games in our gaming club. We did a lot of publicity. I was very proud to promote my miniature game made by the players and for the players and moreover free !!! Following this, we went from 1 player, in my sector, to a few dozen players and others are still interested. So, of course, we are bringing back former Warhammer Battle players, but our pool of players is increasing. They even enjoy playing at 9th Age. While we are not yet able to bring new players, but with the arrival of the Quick Starter, the sale of the rulebook which will soon be translated), the free rules, the rules "beginner", I begin to glimpse a future for our game.

However, for some armies, I have a very great feeling of unfair treatment. For more than a year, the community of SA notes problems in our army book: lack of synergies, lack of personality, lack of customization, lack of variety, problem of too high cost of some figurines, problem of playability of some figurines (Thyroscutus among others).

I feel that our community is not listened to, not taken seriously. I have the impression that Big Guys do not play our army, that they do not like it, that they even want to see it wither. I have the impression that any proposed changes to the rules of the SA units, made by the community, are systematically rejected. In addition, all our proposals have always been very balanced. Nothing game break unlike other armies ... Moreover, even if we have very good SA players who often end up in the top 3 tournaments (@Shinymetallass, @Marcus, @Ipower, @CrusaderPL, for those who come first in the lead), our army book is still one of the softest unlike Covenant Vampires, Undying Dynasties, Vermin Swarms, Deamon Legions, Dread Elves.

So in this context (and I hope I am wrong and misunderstand what I translate), it demotivates me and leads me to believe that ultimately, the "Big Guys" are doing their game and not OUR game ... And I think that's too bad. But I hope I'm wrong and I hope our army will have a little more consideration because it's a pity that the "big guys" refuse goodwill like @sonny1086 and many others via their messages to try to help and to advance things…
    Casual french player who want the success of the 9th age in the whole world ;) !
  • Darkwise wrote:

First of all, before expressing the substance of my thoughts, I would like to thank all 9th Age members who are involved with the community and who are in direct contact with us. Notably @Just_Flo, @marcema (for the SA section) and all the others.

Indeed, you do this work voluntarily, on your personal time in spite of your family and professional life. And for that, I thank you very much. I would like to participate as much as you in the development of 9th Age. But, unfortunately, I do not speak as well as you English. You are always frank, pleasant and polite. That should not be easy in the face of some of our remarks.

For information, since the rampage of the Warhammer Battle fluff by his father GW and the stupid rules of AoS, I had resigned myself

to stopping the game of fantastic ranged battles and I had moved to smaller games or less expensive like Infinity The Game.

My group of Warhammer Battle players managed to get me to test the 9th Age despite unstable versions, an aging community and no renewal possible. I came here and I tasted it. I enjoyed it very much. I thought the project was beautiful. So I took out my figurines and I did some tournaments. Where I live, many players had switched to Warhammer 40k, Warmachine / Horde, King of War. Others had even stopped like me.

For a year, I did not have a player. I went to tournaments, the flower to the rifle, without training. The following year, I managed to find a player. At the base, he was more a painter than a player. But I managed to initiate him and give him a taste of the game and even the tournament. During this year, we made 9th Age games in our gaming club. We did a lot of publicity. I was very proud to promote my miniature game made by the players and for the players and moreover free !!! Following this, we went from 1 player, in my sector, to a few dozen players and others are still interested. So, of course, we are bringing back former Warhammer Battle players, but our pool of players is increasing. They even enjoy playing at 9th Age. While we are not yet able to bring new players, but with the arrival of the Quick Starter, the sale of the rulebook which will soon be translated), the free rules, the rules "beginner", I begin to glimpse a future for our game.

However, for some armies, I have a very great feeling of unfair treatment. For more than a year, the community of SA notes problems in our army book: lack of synergies, lack of personality, lack of customization, lack of variety, problem of too high cost of some figurines, problem of playability of some figurines (Thyroscutus among others).

I feel that our community is not listened to, not taken seriously. I have the impression that Big Guys do not play our army, that they do not like it, that they even want to see it wither. I have the impression that any proposed changes to the rules of the SA units, made by the community, are systematically rejected. In addition, all our proposals have always been very balanced. Nothing game break unlike other armies ... Moreover, even if we have very good SA players who often end up in the top 3 tournaments (@Shinymetallass, @Marcus, @Ipower, @CrusaderPL, for those who come first in the lead), our army book is still one of the softest unlike Covenant Vampires, Undying Dynasties, Vermin Swarms, Deamon Legions, Dread Elves.

So in this context (and I hope I am wrong and misunderstand what I translate), it demotivates me and leads me to believe that ultimately, the "Big Guys" are doing their game and not OUR game ... And I think that's too bad. But I hope I'm wrong and I hope our army will have a little more consideration because it's a pity that the "big guys" refuse goodwill like @sonny1086 and many others via their messages to try to help and to advance things…
    i do have that feeling sometimes too... But i do hope that when the FAB comes, we are taken quite more seriously :)

By the moment, i'm centering myself in the sculpting/painting side of the hobby, and trying other armies, so that i don't get bored :)
  • I´d be great to have some chariot mount option... so we dont have to use always thunder lizards % with a character if mounted, like BH or WDGs which can have a 500-800 killy lord on a chariot and then waste all their point available in monsters directly. We, just for taking a 120pts raptor have to waste almost 600pts in monster %, so we cannot field so many monsters as we could.
    Xhoka Lizards player - Spain

Guardianes del Sur
    Youtube --> Guardianes del Sur
    Facebook -->Guardianes del Sur
    Instagram --> Guardianes del Sur
  • @Darkwise thank you for the effort of writing down your thoughts. We try the best we can to get fair treatment for everyone and every army and i as well hope for a new AB as soon as possible.

There are currently indeed armies which are in a good place and some which are in a less unfortunate place. I think myself that the SA are in a decent place that performs allright, but only because there are a few options which function well which compensate underperforming other units which are rarely taken.

I hope that with the FAB we get better synergy in the army but above all also more choices because the lacking amount of units in the book makes it a bit boring as i always bring the same kind of models to the table. The variation is not in the models anymore but more in the amount of the models, which is unfortunately as i really hope that we could have the choice which O&G or elves have.
  • Zamo wrote:

I´d be great to have some chariot mount option... so we dont have to use always thunder lizards % with a character if mounted, like BH or WDGs which can have a 500-800 killy lord on a chariot and then waste all their point available in monsters directly. We, just for taking a 120pts raptor have to waste almost 600pts in monster %, so we cannot field so many monsters as we could.
    I'm not quite sure, but are you saying raptor characters count towards Thunder Lizards %?
    If so, I just want to correct you. If not, please ignore this post.
    Android App for the new magic phase: T9A Magic Flux by JimMorr