Pinned DL FAB 2.0 Questions and Answers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Kapten Kluns wrote:

I heard an interesting rumor. Is there any intent that the new FABs are supposed to have an increased powerlevel compared to the slim ABs?
    Is there any intent like this? @skipschnit
    I hope you're not refering to the SA thread in which the SA community support is of the opinion that SA needs to be buffed.

Note:
    I'm not saying SA doesn't need a buff, I don't know.
    I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I am saying that just because he thinks that way, it shouldn't be counted as a rumor that the power level of all FABS are to be increased.

As I'm not involved in creating FABs:
    I assume the power level is supposed to stay the same as the slim books are. Anything else would lead to several years of bad playing experience till all armies received their FAB.
  • Shako wrote:

Kapten Kluns wrote:

I heard an interesting rumor. Is there any intent that the new FABs are supposed to have an increased powerlevel compared to the slim ABs?
    Is there any intent like this? @skipschnit
    I hope you're not refering to the SA thread in which the SA community support is of the opinion that SA needs to be buffed.

Note:
    I'm not saying SA doesn't need a buff, I don't know.
    I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I am saying that just because he thinks that way, it shouldn't be counted as a rumor that the power level of all FABS are to be increased.

As I'm not involved in creating FABs:
    I assume the power level is supposed to stay the same as the slim books are. Anything else would lead to several years of bad playing experience till all armies received their FAB.
    Thats the most recent but ive read it prior to this instance. So in just being curious as to if there were any substance to these claims ^^ thats why im asking someone within the project that might know instead of claiming or disclaiming.
    Cheers
  • AlFiKa wrote:

ZardukZarakhil wrote:

Not sure if this has been asked before

But Deceiver is fighting an Abomination (which has 3d6 Attack Value)

How many attacks would the Deceiver have?
    1+3D6, the flip side is if it is fighting a Forsaken One it only has 1+0 :D

I just have to tell a funny ETC story about this.

I was playing, guess what Finland WdG and my Kuulima+Myrmidons just charged
    a 3 Forsworn unit. Made 8 hp they run and I get a forsaken one in the face.

Next turn Jere charges my then 9 myrmidon+kuulima unit from the back with the Doomlord and
    from the side with the unit of the chosen lord on war dais and 5 chosen . At the start of the combat my
    kuulima is only in contact with the forsaken one.

I had the same doubt so I run to Nightwun that was playing two tables away and ask him (why ask a ref if you
    have the guy that wrote the book) so the answer is, of course 1+0.

Now the point is that the Kuulima gets the attacks on initiative so the doomlord and the chosen lord go first and
    guess what when they finish there is two myrmidon left that sneaky me had put on the other side of the kuulima.
    Now there is the chosen lord, the doomlord and a chosen in
    contac with the Kuulima at is initiative step so he now as 1+13 attacks :muaha: . So he kills 3 chosen and put a wound on another :D
    then he dies on combat resolution ;(

best regards
    Dread Elves first and foremost
  • Donotask wrote:

AlFiKa wrote:

ZardukZarakhil wrote:

Next turn Jere charges my then 9 myrmidon+kuulima unit from the back with the Doomlord and
    from the side with the unit of the chosen lord on war dais and 5 chosen . At the start of the combat my

I had the same doubt so I run to Nightwun that was playing two tables away and ask him (why ask a ref if you

Now the point is that the Kuulima gets the attacks on initiative so the doomlord and the chosen lord go first and
    guess what when they finish there is two myrmidon left that sneaky me had put on the other side of the kuulima.
    contac with the Kuulima at is initiative step so he now as 1+13 attacks :muaha: . So he kills 3 chosen and put a wound on another :D

best regards
    You Lucky (sneaky) Git!
    Bravo! :clapping: :girlthumbsup:
    B. "MF’ing" Jones - Member of the CGL .

DL/ADT - TT

Campaign Design-Broken Isles

Freelance Design

PT Team-Mid Atlantic USA

CGL 2018 Worst Player Winner

CGL 2019 3rd Place

• Donotask wrote:

AlFiKa wrote:

ZardukZarakhil wrote:

best regards
    that a good one :D
    Could have happier ending but we will here more stories like this in the future I guess!

ADT (DL/WDG)

:DL: + :WDG:

Task2 (DL) Coordinator

:DL:

Design coordinator Task (1-2)

Lord of the Hobby

• Sorry if this was asked before:

Concerning the new rule of the Bloat Flies - they deal toxic hits if they fail their regeneration saves. Question - if they are hit by a flaming attack, and i decide to "use" my regeneration against it, will they:
    1. Not deal any toxic hits since they did not roll any regeneration saves
    2. Deal toxic hits since flaming attacks make the target automatically fail their regeneration

Thanks for the answer!
    Once a Daemon player - always a Daemon player!

"You can't outthink someone who doesn't think."

Ursa's Legions of Infinity

Background-driven game - Campaign with a global map

youngseward wrote:

My theory is if the game is truly balanced, everyone will be unhappy. Everyone thinks they should win 60% of their games.
  • Ursa06 wrote:

Sorry if this was asked before:

Concerning the new rule of the Bloat Flies - they deal toxic hits if they fail their regeneration saves. Question - if they are hit by a flaming attack, and i decide to "use" my regeneration against it, will they:
    2. Deal toxic hits since flaming attacks make the target automatically fail their regeneration

Thanks for the answer!
    <
    21.D.b.5 Fortitude (X)
    Fortitude is a Special Save . Fortitude Saves cannot be taken against attacks with Lethal Strike that rolled a natural ‘6’
    to wound, or against Flaming Attacks .
    >

You cannot take fortitude saves against flaming attacks, which means that you cannot fail them ;) . So no toxic hits are dealt.
  • Eisenheinrich wrote:

Ursa06 wrote:

Sorry if this was asked before:

Thanks for the answer!
    <21.D.b.5 Fortitude (X)
    Fortitude is a Special Save . Fortitude Saves cannot be taken against attacks with Lethal Strike that rolled a natural ‘6’
    to wound, or against Flaming Attacks .
    >

You cannot take fortitude saves against flaming attacks, which means that you cannot fail them ;) . So no toxic hits are dealt.
    Got it, thank you very much!
    Once a Daemon player - always a Daemon player!

"You can't outthink someone who doesn't think."

Ursa's Legions of Infinity

Background-driven game - Campaign with a global map

youngseward wrote:

My theory is if the game is truly balanced, everyone will be unhappy. Everyone thinks they should win 60% of their games.
  • Rage: Attack Attribute – Close Combat.Whenever the model loses a Health Point, it gains+1 Attack Value. Whenever it gains a Health Point, itsuffers −1 Attack Value.

Know Thyself: Universal Rule.At the start of the Initiative Step in which the bearer’sClose Combat Attacks will be performed, choose onemodel part from each enemy model in base contactand add their Attack Value Characteristics, excluding any modifiers, to the Attack Value of Kuulima’sDeceiver. At the end of each Round of Combat, thebearer’s Attack Value is set to 1.

SO -> does the rule rage modify the attack value characteristic ?
  • Yes this is the intention of the rule and how it is written, what confuse things is the Rage rule giving +/ 1 Attack Value whenever it lose/gains a Health Point, witch then leads to a total of topic question regarding Bigh Brother upgrade for Giants, do they lose one attack from when taking the upgrade as they gain +1 Health Point @Eisenheinrich?

ADT (DL/WDG)

Task2 (DL) Coordinator

:DL:

Design coordinator Task (1-2)

Lord of the Hobby

• AlFiKa wrote:

Yes this is the intention of the rule and how it is written, what confuse things is the Rage rule giving +/ 1 Attack Value whenever it lose/gains a Health Point, witch then leads to a total of topic question regarding Bigh Brother upgrade for Giants, do they lose one attack from when taking the upgrade as they gain +1 Health Point @Eisenheinrich?
    Gaining/suffering +/-1 attack value technically is a addition/subtraction modifier, which is why we use the set-type modifier for big brother instead ;) .

So if the Big Brother rules were "the model gains +1 Health Point", the model would indeed lose 1 Attack Value from Rage.
    But since we use "the model's HP are set to 8", this circumvents Rage and the model starts with it regular Attack Value of 5.
  • New

Laksen wrote:

dont know if asked before but here goes.

About the Scourges Rage ability, says I lose an attack if it gains a HP, how is that posible (to heal it I mean) ?

Does the Dominion also arget the general him self of only the R&F?

Does the Hope Harvester get -1 to-hit from piveting?

Cheers Laksen
    1) Because "Rage" is an ability shared by several armies and is worded exactly the same everywhere to not create confusion. I don't think theres any way for DL to make it happen. Every other army could at least via Wizard Hat.

2) The models have their own Dominion at any time. The Greater Dominon allows you to spread it to R&F.
    So lets say your General is in unit A. You chose unit A. Both, the general and R&F in unit A will have the benefit.
    Same setup but you chose unit B. Now your general and R&F in unit B will have the benefit.

3) Yes since pivoting is moving and it doesn't have Quick to Fire.
  • New

Laksen wrote:

ty :) cool about the general, have been playing him wrong for some time :)
    Just to be clear,

the model will have it's own dominion even if it's not the general :).

So if you have a Scourge and a Sentinel and your Sentinel is your general, then:
    -Scourge will always have Dominion of Wrath.
    -Sentinel will always have Dominion of Sloth
    -The R&F units in one unit chosen at the start of your turn (in range of the IP of your general) will benefit from Dominion of Sloth.

ZardukZarakhil wrote:

Question im sure has been asked before, but cant find the answer atm (sorry)

How does Entropic Aura (no weapons and armour enchantments can be used) interact with our manifestations?

Is it the same for Characters and Unit upgrades?
    Daemon Legions armies possess their own version of Special Items called Daemonic Manifestations. They follow the rules for Special Items, with the exception that they are not One of a Kind and that models cannot be affected by more than one instance of each Manifestation, unless specifically stated otherwise.

While they do follow the rules for special items and thus can be rendered unusable in different ways, Entropic Aura does not work as none of the manifestations are actually weapons nor armour enchantments (not even Chitinous Scales giving actually armour).
    So they belong to the overall categorie of "special items" and thus are affected as such, but they do not belong to the subcategorie "weapon enchantment" nor "armour enchantment".