Mr. Gobbo's Tricksy Gits

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mr. Gobbo's Tricksy Gits

Hello,

I discovered that the 9th Age community was looking for more content, so I decided to do my first Youtube battle report (and, coincidentally, my first game in the 9th age as well).

The linked report and game (along with some discussion and feedback at the end) depicts a fun, casual game against my good friend, @Berghofer / 6Knightmare9, whose Beast Herds ambushed a Cave Goblin Horde looking for trouble.

Can Mr. Gobbo smash through the Beasts of the forest, and still reach the land of the Dwarven Holds?

Check it out here:

The whole process felt like I had to reeinvent the wheel, and I am fairly certain that my next battle report will be a lot better, as I am getting more comfortable remembering all of the new names of the units. Please let me know what things you want to see/hear more (I will do my best to not say "I belive" anymore)

I hope to inspire others to come out of the closet, and share their wargaming experiences with the community - If I can do it - you most certainly can!

In the future, I plan to take some better photos of my painted up models, share them here, and maybe show how I try to implement a "theme" in my army, despite Orcs & Goblins being a traditionally ramshackle lot. Personally, I always love perusing other people's blogs and watching battle reports as I paint my models. We need more of those!

Anyways, if you like what you see - stay tuned. I have more content planned in the future.

Cheers,

Mr.Gobbo. :evil:

Execution Board

HR Consultant

Mr. Gobbo's Tricksy Gits :GobboFreaky:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mr.Gobbo ().

• Hello People - I promised more content, here it is.

Another Battle report - now shorter and better.

Mr. Gobbo was trying to dig his way to the land of the Dwarves, but ends up digging a bit too far, finding himself in the Land of Dinosaurs. Can the Tricksy gits outwit the ferocious Lizards, and does Mr. Gobbo's new "Hat of the 9 Caves" help him succeed?

Check out the video here:

Cheers,

Mr. Gobbo

Edit: Oh, I totally forgot: If you have ANY feedback (comments, suggestions, room for improvement, tactical advice), please leave your comments here on my blog, or on the YouTube video. I'm still on a very steep learning curve. Thank you!

Execution Board

HR Consultant

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mr.Gobbo ().

• Probably the most random game I've ever played. 3 of my magic phases with absolutely ridiculous rolls (2 with 12 dice and 1 with 11 dice or someting like that). My monsters were also killed by only 3 warmachines in 3 turns. so that was hilarious :D

I only skimmed through the report, but the end battle is hilarious because the odds of rolling 4 and 3 in two combats (to not break) with only two dice are 30% and 16% chance respectively :D

I hadn't played against goblins in a long time so I next time I'll be better at dealing with random movement chaff and those pesky mad gits. Overall a balanced games and none of us really knew who would win until the end :)
    • Hello people!

I unexpectedly got to play another game before January - so here is a new battle report. I continually improve my report making, if you have ANY tactical feedback - then please leave a comment on my video :)

This game is a grudge match against Pinktaco. Mr. Gobbo knew he lucked out last time against the dinosaurs, so he does the sensible thing, tricking Drumbag Skullcracka, the Iron Orc Warlord, to march his army out in the open, to fight the battle for him. But how will it end?!

Find out in my latest battle-report here:

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Mr.Gobbo.

Execution Board

HR Consultant

• Thank you! That game really had everything. I can't help but feel sorry for my opponent - until turn 4 it was looking rather rosy, and then everything changed.

If you are not used to playing a random army, where you sometimes lose, even though you executed your strategy in a sensible manner, then it is a logical move to become frustrated. However, @Pinktaco just took it in. No post combat whining at all - what a beast! Unsung hero.

I can't even say that I played well - I just happened to win :D

Edit: Dat Mad Git, tho.

Execution Board

HR Consultant

• I think I learned a lesson or two in this game. despite the awesome multi-charge all my monsters whiffed so it was basically only the Saurian warriors pulling their weight. I don't think the stygiosaur and Spike Lizard did much in two rounds of combat. That's 14 S5 attacks + at least 2D3 Stomps and one stomp from the Spike Lizard. I should've done roughly 6 wounds, but oh well..

My biggest issue though was 2 things: lack of champion in the SW unit meant that while I racked up CR I didn't remove models and that's not desireable. I also had my sky riders waiting for some dangerous terrain shenanigans that never occurred. The idea was great, but not in the long run it would've been more profitable for me to go for the rest of the warmachines. With little luck those guys could've killed 1 and held up another by the time the iron orc gang bang was finished.

So while I admit I had hoped for a different outcome I also accept that I could've done things just slightly better. Not having the carnosaur dealing with a champion should in theory result in 5 models deaded by that alone. So I did learn something :D
    • Really like the format of your videos and think that should be the standard.

Also I like the way you narrate them and your games with Pinktaco. Very fun to watch and hope for more in the future.

I'm curious why you aren't a member of the content team though Mr. Gobbo. Is Pinktaco using his vast influence to keep you out after that heartbreaking defeat? :P
      Some say our identity was stolen in the cataclysm. I say we now can find one not given to us by some ancient dwarf, haughty elf, or warlord feigning godhood. Our future is our own. Take it!
      -Populia "heretic" of Gothima
    • Strivos wrote:

Really like the format of your videos and think that should be the standard.

Also I like the way you narrate them and your games with Pinktaco. Very fun to watch and hope for more in the future.

I'm curious why you aren't a member of the content team though Mr. Gobbo. Is Pinktaco using his vast influence to keep you out after that heartbreaking defeat? :P
      Thank you for your kind comments! I feel that I am getting closer to the minimum quality standard I want my battle reports to have :) I am glad that my sense of humor was not lost on you - I know that I can sometimes miss the mark entirely.

Regarding the whole "content team" thing, Pinktaco has twice suggested that I send in an application. However, I have chosen not to do so for several reasons -

a. The quality of my videos is not yet where I want it to be. I am still very much a "newbie" in Youtube-terms.

b. I am primarily a casual player, but sometimes I attend tournaments (around 3-4 tournaments a year) - I have a feeling that people (and the content team) are more interested in clever tactics and optimised lists, than narrated battles and semi-random luck-based shenanigans, and a peculiar sense of humor :)

c. I currently attend university, and my course has a very demanding curriculum - some months I will have time for 2-3 battles, other months I won't have time for anything at all. This means that I can't commit to produce a certain amount of material. I am under the impression, that the content team wants stable content providers, and I currently cannot fulfill that need/commit to that amount of work.

d. As with many things in life, I enjoy doing things more, if I don't have to stick to a certain schedule - let playtime be playtime :) This is especially true in regards to painting - If I HAVE to get 30 Orcs painted before a certain deadline, my soul is slowly sucked out.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback - I will certainly be posting more battle reports, as I get time to play more with my Greenskins.

Cheers,

Mr. Gobbo

Execution Board

HR Consultant

The post was edited 3 times, last by Mr.Gobbo ().

• Finally! Another game played, another Battle report ready!

Drumbag Skullcracka tries to take on my opponent from BR#1, @Berghofer - will he do better than Mr.Gobbo, against this bane to all things green?

Check it out! :D

As always, if you have ANY feedback/questions, just leave a comment on my video/blog, and I will try to respond as quickly as possible :)

Cheers,

Mr. Gobbo

Execution Board

HR Consultant

• This is the story of a battle against @PloomoOfKarak.
      Mr. Gobbo gathered his Cave Gobbos, and went out to test his new Wrecking Teams on the Stunties - only to be ambushed by a Dread Elf hunting party! Will Mr.Gobbo and his Tricksy gits get out of this alive?

Enjoy - as always, feel free to leave a comment here, or on my channel, and I will respond as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Mr.Gobbo

Execution Board

HR Consultant

The post was edited 3 times, last by Mr.Gobbo ().