EoS QS army using Perry minis - size

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• EoS QS army using Perry minis - size

Hey all. I've ordered minis from Perry to build the QS-army for EoS and a couple of other minis for the characters. Later on, I of course want to continue building on my EoS army using mainly historical ranges but I've been wondering about the size differences. The non-GW prelate models, for instance, how do they stack up size wise compared to historical ranges like Perry? I want to put my prelates in with my units of course but I don't want it to look ridiculous on the battlefield.
  • Define "non-GW prelate models" ;)

piteglio wrote:

looking forward to seeing what you'll build!
    i think @FlyingScanian could share some knowledge here, right?
    I've so far mostly used Warlord Games (Landsknecht, yo ^^ ), but I have a few Perry, and they're of similar size. Of course, both look human, and not like the steroid-fueled gorillas in pyjamas toting vaguely weapon-shaped things most likely made of foam that are the current GW models... (I have in fact one GW handgunner, that I will paint with the next batch of Landsknecht, for comparison purposes...)

For characters, I would mostly recommend using the same manufacturers as your main forces, they usually have a few command models that can be made to fit (marshals are easy, I've used unarmored officers for wizards, and my prelate will be build from the plastic command sprue from the Landsknecht, since a sword is an eminent weapon for a prelate of Sunna (and not the sledgehammers fetishized by Sgimars folks ;) )

Looking forward to seeing what you create.
    Don't hoard the fluff. The fluff wants to be free!

A local blog of sorts for what I'm modelling, converting and painting that's related to 9th age can be found here
  • FlyingScanian wrote:

Define "non-GW prelate models" ;)

piteglio wrote:

looking forward to seeing what you'll build!
    i think @FlyingScanian could share some knowledge here, right?
    I've so far mostly used Warlord Games (Landsknecht, yo ^^ ), but I have a few Perry, and they're of similar size. Of course, both look human, and not like the steroid-fueled gorillas in pyjamas toting vaguely weapon-shaped things most likely made of foam that are the current GW models... (I have in fact one GW handgunner, that I will paint with the next batch of Landsknecht, for comparison purposes...)
    For characters, I would mostly recommend using the same manufacturers as your main forces, they usually have a few command models that can be made to fit (marshals are easy, I've used unarmored officers for wizards, and my prelate will be build from the plastic command sprue from the Landsknecht, since a sword is an eminent weapon for a prelate of Sunna (and not the sledgehammers fetishized by Sgimars folks ;) )

Looking forward to seeing what you create.
    I'm thinking of the ones from Avatars of War, Shieldwolf and MOM. I've seen the Warlord landskencht stuff and I like it. It seems like it would fit well with the models from Perry.

Yeah, the GW models does not exactly look like regular human beings. I don't really like their orcs either, to be honest. They look like green gorillas.

But the conclusion is pretty much that I should look elsewhere for prelates, I guess.
  • RobertR wrote:

I'm thinking of the ones from Avatars of War, Shieldwolf and MOM. I've seen the Warlord landskencht stuff and I like it. It seems like it would fit well with the models from Perry.
    I'm considering getting an AoW model for easter (possibly their Sunna, so that if she doesn't fit, I can blame it on her being a goddess). No clue about MOM. Shieldwolf will, sadly, not fit. At least not if the rest of their models are roughly on par with their plastic shieldmaidens.

A quick no-frills image. Shieldmaiden between Warlord Games (in fact my soon-to-be prelate) and Perry. As can be seen, Perry and Warlord are close enough to not stick out too much. Shieldwolf is significantly larger
    Warlord-Shieldwolf-Perry.jpg

What can possibly be done, is to use parts from the shieldmaidens, or similar kits, and combine with Perry/Warlord. Cut them in two, so that you have female upper torso and head (from Shieldwolf) but legs and arms from the more reasonably sized fellows.
    Don't hoard the fluff. The fluff wants to be free!

A local blog of sorts for what I'm modelling, converting and painting that's related to 9th age can be found here