Versioning of Armybooks , 1.0.1 follows 2.1.2 ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Versioning of Armybooks , 1.0.1 follows 2.1.2 ?

Hi,

I am not really sure where to address or post this. Most likely a lot of people have made their brilliant minds about the new (?) versioning of the Armybooks.
    But I must admit I am quite confused.
    We had WDG 2.1.2 beta, fine with that.
    Now WDG 1.0.1 appeared on the news - but still being 2.2 beta in the download section.

This seems a bit weired to me.

So far V2.0 is the gold standard for all books - except the redone ones which either get 1.0.1 or 2.2.

Is there a bigger scheme of the dark ones I am too stupid to see ?
    If you do not like 9th Age - fine, it is your right to do so. But do not spoil our fun - go and find your game, be it AoS, 5th Edition, Magic or Dublo
  • Now V 2.0 enters the arena.
    I really like that it is now gold :thumbup:

But I must be honest, that version handling is just weired. It might work for people highly involved at that page.
    A person just playing the game on a casual basis does not see that a new book is out when checking version of his prints vs. the current version. By normal means V 2.2 is the more up to date version than V 2.0.

Would it not be a good option to have everything that is part of 2.0 gold release from last year stay at version 2.0, increments with 2.x for each balancing update.
    New books in beta get version 3.0.x or even better 3.B.x
    Newly done books get v 3.x. where x is the balancing update version.

By this you would easily know whether you have all rules at the current level by just comparing the .x .

If at some day in the far future the rules would get a new version everything goes to 4.
    If you do not like 9th Age - fine, it is your right to do so. But do not spoil our fun - go and find your game, be it AoS, 5th Edition, Magic or Dublo