ETC 2019 UD Lists

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• Caraxes wrote:

I know this was just one tourney but UD didn't seem to over perform at buckeye? UD seemed spread across and not dominating.

It seemed that show a really good mix of armies were top 10 and 20, but did identify koe and SE as weaker, which matches previous data I think.
    I was thinking the same thing. UD highest placement was 8th and then doesn't show again for awhile. I believe three of the armies were in the lower 20. I didn't count the number, but I believe there were under 10 total?
    ~Good Cheer to All~
    Larry

:VC: Nosferatu :UD_bw: Terracotta Army
  • Warchariot wrote:

Caraxes wrote:

I know this was just one tourney but UD didn't seem to over perform at buckeye? UD seemed spread across and not dominating.

It seemed that show a really good mix of armies were top 10 and 20, but did identify koe and SE as weaker, which matches previous data I think.
    I was thinking the same thing. UD highest placement was 8th and then doesn't show again for awhile. I believe three of the armies were in the lower 20. I didn't count the number, but I believe there were under 10 total?
    Also only 1 Tournament ... Last Luxembourg Bash Tourny, 2 Day Event, 100 Players, Singles.

UD Finished, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, 10th, Combined Total, W 22 L 3.
  • IHDarklord wrote:

I firmly believe at the start of the patch, UD results were very good.

Now the meta is adapting or has adapted for the most part. Let's say filling in my pairings has become a lot harder ;)
    Fully Agree,

More and more people are using Binding Scrolls to Negate UD Regen, combined with Crumble has reduced UD Results.

Myself, I have found that by actually attacking the Main Chariot Block itself has certainly improved my results v UD.
  • wombat wrote:

Warchariot wrote:

Caraxes wrote:

Also only 1 Tournament ... Last Luxembourg Bash Tourny, 2 Day Event, 100 Players, Singles.
    Wow, that's pretty strong

IHDarklord wrote:

I firmly believe at the start of the patch, UD results were very good.

Now the meta is adapting or has adapted for the most part. Let's say filling in my pairings has become a lot harder ;)
    I hope that's the case.

It seems Europe is where UD are dominating? Europe has the most players so it's a thing.
  • Caraxes wrote:

wombat wrote:

. Last Luxembourg Bash Tourny, 2 Day Event, 100 Players, Singles.

Caraxes wrote:

The above shows the danger of taking the Results of a single tourny and using it to form an opinion.

Buckeye results suggest no problem.
    Luxembourg suggests UD are completely broken.

The true situ is somewhere in between., Whilst not at the Luxembourg Touny I have spoken to others who were there. The best explanation I heard was that there was just not enough Terrain on the Tables meaning that the UD Players could maneuver their big blocks with out restraint causing a freak result.

From my own experience, both using and facing UD, are that they are SLIGHTLY stronger than the Norm. Which is why they are getting a points increase in the Autumn after the ETC. Will this fix the Problem, ( And despite what other people say, I do believe that there is a small problem.)
    I honestly dont Know, I certainly hope so.

If I had to take a punt, Next year, I would say that we will all be moaning about EofS being too strong.
  • wombat wrote:

Caraxes wrote:

wombat wrote:

. Last Luxembourg Bash Tourny, 2 Day Event, 100 Players, Singles.

Caraxes wrote:

The above shows the danger of taking the Results of a single tourny and using it to form an opinion.
    Buckeye results suggest no problem.
    Luxembourg suggests UD are completely broken.

The true situ is somewhere in between., Whilst not at the Luxembourg Touny I have spoken to others who were there. The best explanation I heard was that there was just not enough Terrain on the Tables meaning that the UD Players could maneuver their big blocks with out restraint causing a freak result.

From my own experience, both using and facing UD, are that they are SLIGHTLY stronger than the Norm. Which is why they are getting a points increase in the Autumn after the ETC. Will this fix the Problem, ( And despite what other people say, I do believe that there is a small problem.)
    I honestly dont Know, I certainly hope so.

If I had to take a punt, Next year, I would say that we will all be moaning about EofS being too strong.
    I think you're opinion is fair.

But I was pointing out it was one tourney, and my next comment was stating UD had a strong showing. I have maintained UD don't seem that OP.

Problem for me is tournaments I see are 10-14 players, so not a great sample. The 50+ ones seem best for real analysis.

I like your point about terrain.
  • I had an interesting ETC. Used ESC to relearn to play so things weren't peachy :D

I went into the event with a goal to get 42 pts from 6 matches and tank 6 bad matchups for my team for 7:13.

In the end I failed in that, I lost one game 0:20 but in the end managed to get 44 pts.

Looking back at it all I made just 3 mistakes I am aware of.

1. Picking UD
    2. Choosing the list I took
    3. Charging Bow Shabties into Raphodons and deciding not to activate Rending Banner believing Rapho's have 4+ not 3+ save

So now to do the CRO Masters and then switching to BH for a couple of months.

Advisory Board

Background Team

Art Team Coordinator

Team Croatia ETC 2019 Captain ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ HEROES AND VILLEINS OF THE 9TH AGE
  • Pinktaco wrote:

I love how you casually mentions your mistakes, where most people would've picked minor details, your mistake is the entire army 8o
    When even I can beat him than it must have been the army ;)
  • Pinktaco wrote:

I love how you casually mentions your mistakes, where most people would've picked minor details, your mistake is the entire army 8o
    :D

I do feel that the playstyle of the army didn't suit me. At least not in the mood I was in. An agressive VC list feels to me as it could have been a better choice.

Advisory Board

Background Team

Art Team Coordinator

Team Croatia ETC 2019 Captain ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ HEROES AND VILLEINS OF THE 9TH AGE
  • Giladis wrote:

1. Picking UD
    So I have to assume you weren't satisfied with the Terracotta list.
    Which elements in your list didn't worked as you expected? :oops:

@Eru
    I saw a comment on the DL threat commenting that the Sha guardian was easy points.
    How did your captain's Sha Guardian perform? :thumbdown: ? :thumbup: ?
  • It seems that UD performed quite well in ETC. Stealing the table that @Tyranno did:

UD had the highest average points per game, with an average of 11,93. The closes runner up is KoE with 11,02.
    While no UD player sits in the top positions, the average position is quite high (92/288).
    This seems to indicate UD is the best sword army in the current meta.
  • Folomo wrote:

So I have to assume you weren't satisfied with the Terracotta list.
    I wasn't satisfied with the list I took, it being Terracotta wasn't the problem. I certainly plan to play Terracotta in the future again, but I will certainly not play the list I took to the ETC.

I picked the UD list because that was the last thing I played at the Croatian Masters before my sabatical so I felt I was sort of familiar with it. But the price changes greatly changed how the list played. Bowmen being reduced from 24 with FC to 15 with M and thus my Skeletons that used to be the 3rd "combat" unit were relegated into a mage bunker while Bowmen became sort of roadblock unit for late in the game.

When I will be playing Terracotta again I am quite positive I will do greater effort to have more proper combat blocks and less LoS blockers.

Folomo wrote:

Which elements in your list didn't worked as you expected?
    Here is the catch, everything worked as expected I did what the list was built to do, it tanked bad match ups, conserved points and tried to exploit if the opponent overextended themselves. The issue at least for me is that the list wasn't exciting at least from my perspective as I was offering my opponents an equivalent of bashing their head against the door and waiting to see what will give in first - the skull or the plank. That does not mean I did not have exciting moments in my games, especially against the two WDG lists that decided to try and break the door but were left with only a bruise.

The Chariot block is an unholy abomination within the game that no unit can afford being charged by and I am more than comfortable tanking enemy charges if I want to.

Another factor was that due to circumstances I ended up as a player as well as being the coach and the captain meaning I had to have a list that did not take too much time to play so that I can perform my other duties...

So through these means if any of my opponents are reading this I appologise for my list and I hope when we meet next time we can have a proper game.

In 7 weeks I will be taking a more traditional UD army to the Croatian Masters and see how that compares experience wise after which the UD are going on the repainting schedule (getting stripped and repainted after 15 years into the exact same scheme just now with much more skill) and I will be switching to BH for a while.

Advisory Board

Background Team

Art Team Coordinator

• Folomo wrote:

It seems that UD performed quite well in ETC.
    What constitutes a Draw? Just 10:10 or is it a wider margin?

Advisory Board

Background Team

Art Team Coordinator

• Folomo wrote:

Giladis wrote:

1. Picking UD
    So I have to assume you weren't satisfied with the Terracotta list.Which elements in your list didn't worked as you expected? :oops:

@Eru
    I saw a comment on the DL threat commenting that the Sha guardian was easy points.
    How did your captain's Sha Guardian perform? :thumbdown: ? :thumbup: ?
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Performed as planned, would pick it again! He was played really aggressively and died only twice, including in a greedy charge at 1 HP in a ruins and a 5 HP one shot by one of the divination spells. He really opens up some matchups. Captain played as second sword after a WDG, so he didn't even had max priority in pairings. Opponents didn't know the Sha well and were sometimes surprised by his tankiness and damage output.

He ends up at 26th best scorer with 87/120 pts, 5w1l. We didn't play at top level though we ended up 17th/36.

Slim Layout Coordinator

Translation Coordinator

Translation-Team FR

I ♥ LaTeX

Local Moderator (French)

LaTeX... You fear to go into those complex interactions between packages. The dwarves coded too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of TeX-dum... shadow and flame.