The Fight for Avras - a community driven campaign project

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• The Fight for Avras - a community driven campaign project

The Fight for Avras

Background: Avras wrote:

Tandemar 3rd, 962 AS.
    Dear Diary,
    It is most exciting! I have arrived in Avras itself! It has been a right whirlwind and no mistake. All of Monday I was on the great Bridge of Destiny, an enormous stone highway that leads into the city: it’s the only way to get there! Sadly, this means that the bridge is very crowded at all times of day – an incredibly diverse throng if ever there was one – so it took me many hours to finally reach the gates! Meanwhile there was nothing to do but gaze at the fantastical battlements ahead, and dream of the glory of a lost empire. I also tried to wave at some of the “archies” that live under the bridge (underits arches, hence the name) in terrible conditions. They gave me a very rude gesture in return, so I had to look away.

Today is only Wednesday, and already I have seen more sights than I thought the entire world could contain! I have seen the great Senate House, and the mighty Sepulchre behind it. You can only enter this most holy site on the wide road from the East, and for three hours each morning, starting at the moment of sunrise, they close the great doors of the Flame Gate for pilgrims and pennants to watch the glory of the dawn through the fiery colours of its stained glass. Now that was a sight to behold,let me tell you!

After worship, I saw other remarkable monuments such as the ancient Forum, Amphitheatre (where I am told that Sunna’s victory over the Rat King is yearly re-enacted) and the famous lighthouse of antiquity, Sunna’s Lantern, which still guides ships through the mists that wreath the Omiphorous river. Here I saw citizens from each of the city’s 27 “contradas” (districts) compete in a very dangerous race to swim to the western shore and back, cheered by an enormous crowd, to win glory for their contrada. What a thing to stumble upon! I visited shops of every description in the great bazaar(once an Avrasi bathhouse) and visited the dead in the legendary Necropolis! I even saw the Ruined Quarter where city mages keep watch over a magically contaminated patch where they say the Veil was torn many centuries ago.

All in all it has been a very enjoyable and interesting trip. I am also glad to report that so far I have not fallen victim to any of the criminal activities that everyone told me were such a problem here. I think their concern may have been a little overblown.

Farewell for now!

— Diary of Claude le Petit, Equitan traveller.It was found on his body, in a gutter in the Volskayan district, on Tandemar 4th.

"Welcome wanderer!" - the bartender beckoned you to take one of the exceptional bar stools right next to the counter.

"Whereever you may be joining us from, take a seat, order a drink and listen to the tales about great battles, glorious exploits, treacherous betrayals and whatever this shadowy future will bring us! Have you already heard of those rumours about the Empire of Sonnstahl trying to gain back the control over Avras? Not yet, you say? Well, here's everything I've been told, but first of all, what kind of drink would you like to order? Or may I even serve you a tasty warm meal? I'd suggest you to try the roast venison! It's our signature dish!"

After you placed your order and been waiting like half an eternity the bartender came back, serving you a tankard of ale and a small plate with something that could be called a roast venison, at least with some creativity.

"So, here is what made its way to my ears currently." - the bartender continued.

Display Spoiler

Adaephon_Delat wrote:

Emperor Matthias left the sparsely furnished room. Jürgen von Kleppersbusch was leaning over a huge table that was crowded with hundreds of wooden miniatures which obviously represented imperial troops. The miniatures seemed to be put into position to lay siege on a huge city with a great bridge as it's single entrance.

Von Kleppersbusch squinted at Adjutant Brunner.

"What is wrong with you? Didn't you hear our emperor? Start writing that damned letter!"

The Adjutant twinkled nervously, dipped a quill in the ink bottle and started writing while speaking out loud what he was writing.

"Your holiness.

We have read your letter with great interest and we agree, that Avras should be under control by our Empire again, so the church of Sunna can reestablish Avras as the centre of our faith in the Goddess and her Pantheon. "

"That’s good, keep on!" von Kleppersbusch interjected.

"We have not been idle and we are happy to tell you, that we had negotiations with the Kingdom of Equitaine and we agreed on a contract. The Kingdom accepts the Empire of Sonnstahl as the new ruler of Avras in exchange for landholdings in.. "

"Stop this!" von Kleppersbusch interjected again. "The church must not know what we gave to these horseborn basterds. Start again."

The Adjutant frowned, took a new piece of paper and wrote down what he had already written.

"Alright, maybe like this." He continued.

"We are pleased to tell you, that we have proven our strength to the Kingdom of Equitaine and convinced them to give up the city so that we as the most powerful nation in Vetia can bring it under our control again."

"Much better, keep on." Jürgen von Kleppersbusch said.

"Right now we are building up an army that will ride to Avras to enforce our rights and make the city part of our Empire again. As we have heard the rumors that there are Vampires in this city, we suggest that some of your prelates and men of the inquisition join this army to eradicate this evil brood in the name of our Goddess.

It is known that an army of about 4.000 equitainian knights was slaughtered at the gates of Avras some time ago. General Fontaine and his men seem to be a hard nut to crack. But we are sure, that the defenders behind their walls won't stand our artillery, steam tanks and faith in Sunna for a long time, so that the siege of the city will be victorious soon. We will succeed in the name of Sunna where the weak equitanian men failed so badly.

We will keep you informed.

May Sunna bless us all.

M. R."

"Good, seal this letter and take care that the Supreme Prelate gets it as soon as possible." von Kleppersbusch said. He walked to a window to get some fresh air as Marshal Friedjost von Weyerswert entered the room.

"Ah, Marshal, glad that you're here. Our beloved emperor wants us to build up an army to start a siege on Avras." von Kleppersbusch said.

"...on Avras? W.. w...why is that?" von Weyerswert stuttered confused. He seemed to be afraid of von Kleppersbusch.

"It's not yours to ask, just make it happen! Send messenger pigeons to our eastern provinces. The Lords must rally their troops, if it happens, that our main forces need support. Furthermore inform all Lords with landholding at the equitanian border to be cautious. I do not trust this snobbish jerks further than i can spit." Von Kleppersbusch spat out to prove that this was not very far. "Now go!" he ended.

The marshal took a bow and left the room hastily. Von Kleppersbusch looked out of the window and watched a Great Griffon hunting an eagle.

"May Sunna bless us all!" he whispered. "I have a bad feeling about this ..."

"But there have also been rumours about the Vermin Swarms...listen!" - he carried on.

Display Spoiler

Eldan wrote:

„The Senate recognizes Tullius Fabricius.“

Before Tullius could even gather his toga around him, the mob behind the stands of the populist party started their shrill shrieking. The populists, as always, had no respect for the dignity of the senate and their paid lackeys smelled of sewage and blind anger. Nevertheless, he stood and marched to the podium, emboldened by the proud chant and the smell of righteous anger at this indignity coming from the noble tennants who had voluntarily come to support him.

„Proud citizens of the Avrasi Republic. Brethren. Today, I return the City of your ancestors to you.“

Immediately, the shrieking started again. He could make out the shouts of „Liar!“ and „Traitor!“, though his valiant supporters quickly silenced them, while heroically dodging the rocks thrown by the vile populists in clear violation of the weapons ban in
    the forum.

„As you know, the Eternal City has been denied ever since the so-called rulers fell to dark powers and revealed their true nature by openly feasting on the blood of our honoured, oppressed ancestors. Vampires!“

An angry hiss went through the crowd and he could hear the supporters of the mercantilist faction begin the classic „Stake the rich and eat their ashes“ chant, like the thoughtless sheep they were. Lashing his tail for silence, he threw a bundle of letters down on podium in front of him.

„These are letters between the humans who call themselves the rulers of the temporarily occupied Avrasi provinces of Solaria Magna and Equitania. Our shrewd Sicarians have slain their messengers and intercepted these messages. In short, they are planning a second crusade for Avras, in the name of their false avatar of the pagan diety Sol Invicta. Brethren, countrymen, Avrasi, this is an opportunity. We can let the barbarians and the bloodsuckers fight and weaken each other, so that we may heroically reconquer the City by strategically striking at the right time. What's more, by interccepting these messages, we have ensured that the Equitanians will not be forewarned of this attack by the „Sonnstahlers“ and will see it an attack on them, leading to more war between the barbarians!“

The depraved followers of the academic faction were starting to chant „Equitanes eunt domus!“ They probably thought it was funny.

„What remains to be decided, fellow citizens, is who shall be the one tasked with leading an army to Avras and gain the eternal glory of liberating the Eternal City of our honoured ancestors. May anyone who feels competent for the task please speak up.“

As he sat down, the first fights were already breaking out in the plebes, even as the senatorial representatives of the various tyrants were trying to shove each other off the podium.

„If Maximus Gloriosus is given this command, promises that in his triumph, he will give a talent of silver to every household and-“

The speaker was cut off as another ambassador punched at his kidney and shoved him off stage.

„Julia Invicta will personally bite the throat of the vampire queen and bring her head to the senate floor if she-“

That was all this speaker could proclaim before he was tackled to the floor by a much larger representative who was kicking at the black-furred runt who was hanging on his tail.

„Give the command to Lucius Armiger! He will conquer Avras for you and give slaves to every true-blooded Avrasi!"

Tullius smiled. He loved democracy.

[...]

„And so, the Senate has decided to give the command over the Avrasi Liberation Forces to you, Julia Invicta. We think your superior fighting talents will ensure victory.“

The tyrant looked extremely smug as she looked down on the three senators, all a head shorter than her, even without the two feet of ornamentation on her
    helmet.

„Of course“, was all she said, as she took the sealed scroll that gave her senatorial authority. The smell of pride coming off her was sickening, as she was sickening as she and her retinue walked out.

„Cato?“, Tullis said, as she had left and closed the door behind her. The sicarian peeked out from behind the curtain in the corner. „Be a dear and have an assassin follow that one. She's too ambitious and I don't like her.“

The other two senators nodded their agreement. „We can also make sure that she's given faulty ammunition on her mortars“, added Senator Fulminatus of the Rakachit.

„Excellent. How many is that now, dear colleagues?“

„Six“, senator Kyrious of the Fetthis wheezed next to him, gesturing for one of his slaves to pass him more candied rat tails. „Two or three more I think?“

Tullius nodded, and one of the slaves opened the door. The next tyrant was carried in on a gilded platform by his bodyguard.

„Princeps Commodus! The senate is extremely honoured to announce that in light of your great military accomplishments at the wasteland border, we have decided to give you[i]sole command of the Avrasi Liberation Forces. Be assured that after your victory, you will be given a triumph greater than any in history since...“[/i]

It must have been the eighth or ninth drink at least that the bartender - you discovered his name was Josef, though his barmaids called him "Jupp" - and you were sharing now. Though his flow of speech seemed not to abate. Most guests had already left taproom.

"And then there are the Vampire Covenants...some voices are whispering, that pale beauty we're calling our 'Queen' might be a vampire lady who seduced King Fontaine."

Display Spoiler

Lich King wrote:

"My Queen!" a resolute scream echoed through the wide hallway, hung with expensive carpets, which led to the bedchamber of Nereida. The pale beauty lounged on a typical Avrasian couch made of the finest wood, grinning threw her long black hair over her graceful shoulders and straightening her wafer-thin, white tunic, adorned with numerous gold decorations, to her perfectly shaped body.

Puffing, Pachymeres reached the apartment of his older sister. The sweat made its way from his forehead over his cheeks, down his chin, over his muscular upper body. In the brilliance of the candlelight, a strange erotic scene emerged. Nereida rose from her couch and approached Pachymeres with unearthly, steadily flowing motions. As she approached right next to him, she glided gently by the tip of her index finger along his broad shoulders. With a seductive bite on her lower lip, for which hundreds of men would instantly want to throw themselves into the most hopeless fight, she whispered in his ear: "Brother! I haven’t experienced you so hasty and out of breath for a long time! I should care for your heart ... if it were not already dead." With these words she turned away from Pachymeres again.

He was still busy shaking off the seductive aura that Nereida had built up around him. "My queen ..." he started again "... your spies have been able to intercept the following exchange of correspondences." He hurriedly pulled a scroll from one of his pockets, which hung from his heavy belt, and handed it over to his sister.

She took the document and dropped back onto her couch as she rolled up the parchment. Immediately she noticed the seal of Emperor Matthias. Frantically, she began to read the news. Her face darkened visibly. Where only a few moments ago the delicate face of a young beauty was visible, the facial features hardened, causing them to wrinkle. Under the pale skin, dark veins suddenly appeared all over her face, forming pulsating black rivers. Involuntarily, she hit the bulbous carafe, which had stood on the small side table made of black obsidian until then, with her hand’s back, so that it fell splintering on the bright marble floor and distributed the wine in all directions. Right in the middle of the blood-red puddle, Nereida sat and fought for her self-control:

"No, it's enough ... IT'S ENOUGH! Tell me, brother: how many times have I been lenient with the people of the Empire? How many unforgivable mistakes have I forgiven? How many times have I willfully turned a blind eye to the fact that they treated us like lepers, sometimes even hunted us down with their priests and their inquisitors? For how long I contented myself with pulling the strings in the background of human society, in THEIR INTEREST?!"

"But sister ...", Pachymeres interjected.

"WHAT, brother?! Do you want to appease me again? Do you want to tell me that an open war against the Empire would not be wise right now again? Not this time ... NOT AGAIN, I tell you! My patience is exhausted! For far too long, we have had to live in the shadow of humanity. Each of us weighs hundreds ... thousands of these humans in the heat of the battle. They should worship us like gods! Falling on their knees and asking for forgiveness, is what they should do! I will teach them respect! I will remind them of their mortality! We are the race that should reign over all of Vetia, strong as the warriors of the north, swift as the elves, tough as the dwarfs, fierce as the swarm and as magical as the ancient saurians."

In the meantime, Nereida was so inspired by her monologue that she had risen from her couch again and was standing in front of the large balcony of her palace between the billowing silk curtains while gazing at the Avrasian sky by night.

"I’ve seen ages come and go, civilizations rise and fall; always watching - lurking in the shadows ... when will there be a better time to come than the current one? Who wants to stand in my way?" Her voice faded away, and so did her anger. The furious grimace of just a few moments ago smoothed out and the pulsating, black veins were completely gone again.

"Do not challenge him, sister! The power of Savar, who rules over all beings, careless enough to yield to pride, is huge, and even for us, as far as we may be off nature, dangerous!" Pachymeres advised his sister paternally, after approaching her again. He kissed her with his cold lips on her pale forehead. She returned his affection and wrapped her arms around his back.

"Don’t worry about me ... the gods will be able to bathe enviously in my light. Because I am Avras ... and I am Death to those who dare to oppose me!"

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I hope you all enjoyed this short introduction @Eldan , @Adaephon_Delat and me have set up a while ago. At the same time it'll be our starting point for a global, community driven campaign project - just as mentioned in the thread title ;) - I've been elaborating for some weeks now. Though don't expect it to be just a common campaign ... it'll be something very special. It is especially meant to be interesting for every T9A player! For the fluff-bunnies (okay, that was obvious... :D ), for the tournament-players (wait, what?! =O ), for model-sculpters, for painters, for storytellers, yeah...you might see now: simply everyone that could be connected to tabletop wargaming!

And so I'm proud to present you the Rule Set:

Display Spoiler

Who can join the Community driven Campaign project „The Fight for Avras“ & which factions will be included?
    First of all, everyone using the T9A Fantasy Battles, Quick Starter or any other related rule set is invited to take part here. Spread the word to increase the pool of participants. Let’s make it become a blasting experience for us all, digging deeper into any aspect of our beloved tabletop hobby.

Players have to choose a specific faction that they want to fight for in the campaign. Though they are free to choose more than only one faction, if they want to. In both cases they’ll have to add one placeholder in the respective placeholder threads for any faction they chose to participate for. The starting factions players can choose are going to be the following ones:

• Empire of Sonnstahl
    • Vampire Covenant
    • Vermin Swarms
    Though by the campaign‘s progression many other factions can be unlocked too, heavily depending on the community’s resonance.

What do you mean, when you say „digging deeper into any aspect of our beloved tabletop hobby“?
    As mentioned before this campaign is meant to be covering each and every aspect of our hobby. So it’ll be worth it to take part in it, irrelevant wether you focus on painting models, writing background stories for your characters, designing new unit entries, writing rules for special terrain features or of course just playing the game and sharing the results with us by some lovely battle reports.

Sounds interesting, but how can I influence a story campaign by painting models for example?
    Good question, fella! For any of the mentioned aspects, we want to cover here, you as a player gain points. These points will be summed up to represent your Influence Pool regarding campaign specific goals. These are the aspects we will count in this context:

• Painting:
    Painting your models is one oft he most essential things in wargaming. A proper painted army is also said to be gifting its player better dicing skills. All models that have been painted by yourself for the campaign specifically (well, it might not hurt, if you also painted them to use them in an upcoming tourney as well) and which can be used for the faction you signed in with, will count towards your Influence Pool. The following table shows how many points will be earned for painting what kind of unit. The painting level itself will have no influence here. Just share some pics with us of the models you’ve been painting and add them to your placeholder post.

PaintingInfantryBeastCavalryConstruct
    Standard1123
    Large3345
    Towering Presence+1+1+1+1
    Gigantic6777

• Background:
    The narrative background of your army is what brings your plastic and tin soldiers to life. Share it with us and we’ll get the chance to experience the whole campaign not only from our own point of view.

• Introduce up to three named characters for your faction with a short background story that describes the character himself and his role in the campaign for your faction. (5 Points each)
    • Write down a narrative battle report for a game you’ve made specifically in context with the campaign out of one of your character‘s point of view. (5 Points each)

• Game Design:
    No game can be played without rules. Good rules are fun to play for both players. One must be quite imaginative and cautious at the same time to design rules, that are coherent with the background and balanced internally and externally as well.

• Design rules for up to two unit entries for the faction you chose to sign in with. Give us an insight into their background and into what role they should fit for your faction. (5 Points each)
    • Draw some Artworks to visualize anything that could be connected to our campaign somehow. (5 Points each) [+2 Points each, if you decide to donate this Artwork to the project]
    • Design rules and for up to two faction specific terrain features. (3 Points each)

• Play the Game:
    First of all, T9A is a game. Let’s remind ourselves of this fact much more often, then we actually do. It is meant to be played and so will we.

• Write down battle reports for the games you’ve played with your faction while the campaign is running. (2 Points each, for giving us a short overview) [+3 Points each, for sharing a detailed battle report with pictures]

• Setting up a battlefield:
    Not only your painted armieshave a great influence on the feeling of a game, especially in a visuallycontext. The more love and time you invest into your board by building terrainfeatures, markers and other equipment that is usually placed on your gamingboard, the more you will enjoy playing games on it.
    • Build and paint up to two faction specific terrain features. (5 Points each) [+2 Points each, if you share a tutorial about building and painting such terrain features]
    • Build and paint up to two campaign specific terrain features, which could be placed in our around Avras. (5 Points each) [+2 Points each, if you share a tutorial about building and painting such terrain features]
    • Build and paint up to three campaign specific markers (e.g. to mark secondary objectives), which could be placed in our around Avras. (3 Points each) [+2 Points, if you share a tutorial about building and painting such markers]
    If you have any further ideas on aspects we’re actually not covering, feel free to PM me or one of the other campaign leaders and we might find a solution to include them, too.

How will the storyline be evolving?
    All points gained by players of one and the same faction are summed up. These count towards some „stretch goals“ we designed in advance individually for any faction, potentially unlocking unique special rules, scenarios and so on. Reaching those „stretch goals“ will be introduced by some short background stories. We hope this was enough to motivate you!

Apart from this we will evolve the campaign’s main storyline by comparing the results per faction at randomly selected points. We will then write down the progresses each faction made in „The Fight for Avras“, trying to include your coolest background stories and battle reports!

Man, how can I sign in for „The Fight for Avras“?
    All you need to do is telling us you want to take part! Best place to do so would be the „The Fight for Avras“ discussion thread on the General Discussion forum. Afterwards go to your army forum, there will soon be started faction specific placeholder threads. Leave us a post there and add all the campaign regarding stuff there, too. This might improve the overview for us all!

We‘ll start the campaign on the 1st of August. Though you’ll be able to join us at any time you wish.

My favourite army is not part of the starting factions! What to do now?
    As we said before, it is planned to increase to number of participating factions, depending on the community’s resonance. Most of the other factions will be included by reaching „stretch goals“. An example could be as follows:
    • Stretchgoal 1 (50+ Points for EoS): „Renewthe pacts!“ – The Dwarven Holds army is from now on able to join thecampaign. A short background story will introduce why and how they joined „TheFight for Avras“.
    But in case you don‘t just want to wait untill the DH join the campaign, there is another interesting possibility to sign in. With the Quickstarter Rule Set players are able to join the campaign as well, using smaller miniature collections to collect enough points to reach a specific „stretch goal“ they couldn’t reach otherwise, just like in the example given above. Of course, you could start with a small secondary army to do so by using the T9A Fantasy Battle rules as well, but the QS rules are made for fast and tactical games with smaller armies specifically, so giving them a try wouldn’t hurt anyone! On a sidenote: even experienced players could try the QS for the first rather small battles, e.g. to introduce friends to the game or just to give some feedback afterwards.

Why should I care for the EoS, the VS or the VC, when I simply want to seize the power over Avras on my own?
    That's a pretty good question! But you know what? The answer is even better! We implemented a game mechanique to open up the option to fight for independence, in case you are part of one of the factions, that were added to the "Fight for Avras" later as some kind of Stretch goal for army X. Though that would be too complicated for the introduction, I guess. All I can tell you in this regard right now is, that whoever manages to maintain the control over the most districts of Avras (read the background story on top, if you're curious what I'm talking about here) at the end of the campaign, will be called the Proconsul of Avras and so will be the 'winner' of our campaign. You'll be able to control the districts by reaching "Stretch goals", which unlock them and the faction that is located in it at the same time, by trying to become an independent faction or by ... yeah, there'll be some very interesting possibilities to gather the control over Avras. You'll gain more information on this mechaniques in the next weeks, right before the campaign is going to start.

When will „The Fight for Avras“ end and what will be our gain?

The campaign is planned to end after 3 months, so on October the 31st. Though it is also planned to extend the campaign, if the community's resonance tells us to do so! My personal wish for the whole project is to have fun and share it with our community. But being shown in the 9th Scroll and/or wearing some cool tags on your forum profile might be interesting, too.

Well, what more to tell you now? How about: Join us! :thumbsup: Avras wants you to become its Proconsul! ;)

Feel free to share your feedback with us in this thread. I'll soon start discussion and placeholder threads in the appropriate factions forums too, but just out of curiosity: tell us, wether you are in or not, here too! :P

List of participants:

VC:

@Lich King
    @Henrypmiller
    @PTG-Lucky-Sixes
    @Chack
    @Logaroth
    @Wesser
    @Aethelweard
    @Little Joe

VS:

@Eldan
    @JimMorr
    @Hombre de Mundo
    @da_griech
    @dan
    @aus_lo

EoS:

@Adaephon_Delat
    @goodbyekiss
    @break3roo
    @Litoperez
    @Evz22
    @SadlerCPII
    @Benny

No decision for a faction yet:

@piteglio

Joining after Stretch Goals have been reached:

WDG:

@Palmu
    @Tibo
    @Dopey
    @WastelandWarrior

ID:

@Riddles

DE:

@Phaeoron

Last update: 25.07.2019

Additionally: special thanks to @Ghiznuk @Eldan @Adaephon_Delat @Giladis @Calisson @Henrypmiller @piteglio @DJWoodelf for their feedback and support in advance!

Full Layout Coordinator

Translation Team DE

VC Community Support

Supporter of Veil of the Ages

The post was edited 10 times, last by Lich King ().

• Hmm. Alright. With that ruleset, I should produce 15 points by Sunday for our righteous crusade. Avras for the Avrasi!
    A summary of all proposed ideas from the VS LAB brainstorm thread

Do you hear the Ratmen sing, singing the songs of angry rats?
    It's the music of Avrasi, who will not be slaves again!
    When the beating of your heart, matches the ringing of the bell,
    There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!
    Will you roll all of your dice so that our banner may advance?
    Some will burn and some will run, will you stand up and take your chance?
  • Eldan wrote:

Hmm. Alright. With that ruleset, I should produce 15 points by Sunday for our righteous crusade. Avras for the Avrasi!
    Looking forward to reading the background for your characters then! ;) It might be worth even more points since we'll have some polls to decide about the best contributions in each section later. :D

piteglio wrote:

WOW! i am SO in!

tnx @Adaephon_Delat, @Eldan and @Lich King for the awesome work!
    That's what I was hoping for! Maybe Kamorko deserved his own background for the O&G later! ;)

Full Layout Coordinator

Translation Team DE

VC Community Support

• There will be threads in each faction subforum. One thread with placeholders for each participant where they can post all the stuff they are doing for the campaign and one thread for open discussion. So each faction should post all their stuff in one dedicated thread. But i think we welcome suggestions how to improve this
  • I think this is a good idea..

In general i don't like having more message boards but a specific campaign message board might be better to have everything in one place. You could Also have a thread with a weekly leaderboard.

You could Also have two or more factions within each race. For example giving each blood line a seperate points tally and thread.

This would really focus on the hobby aspect and themeing your army.

Background Team

9th Scroll Editor

Ammertime Podcast Host
    soundcloud.com/ammertime-podcast
    Team Ireland ETC 2019 :HE:
  • Wow this is amazing work guys, very interested in this as I wanted to do my own stuff as well. You have my support sirs! Let's fight! :attack:

@PTG - Hyper-G you fancy doing something!
    Find me now on Twitter @luckysixesPTG
    Visit our Youtube channel and latest project for book reviews, video battle reports and much much more!

Proxy Table Gaming Youtube Channel
    The Many Adventures of Lucky-Sixes
    THE QUICK-STARTER WORLD CUP

The post was edited 1 time, last by PTG-Lucky-Sixes ().

• While I like the idea of setting up a campaign specific board for the reasons already mentioned on the one hand, I need to confess, that using the faction forums for this was indeed intended on the other hand.

I think sharing our content with the otherwise slowly dying faction forums (Yeah, I know, there might be exceptions and right now there are all these ETC discussions going on) would be a good idea. We get the chance to inspire the rest of our community with every piece of content, we're presenting to them. And maybe we can even convince them to take part on their own in this context.

Furthermore there will hopefully be those participants who think like: “Yeah, it doesn't hurt double posting my battle reports, painted models etc...“ who gain influence points for the campaign as a side effect too. By separating us from the other forums, we'd most likely loose them.

Full Layout Coordinator

Translation Team DE

VC Community Support

• Lich King wrote:

While I like the idea of setting up a campaign specific board for the reasons already mentioned on the one hand, I need to confess, that using the faction forums for this was indeed intended on the other hand.

I think sharing our content with the otherwise slowly dying faction forums (Yeah, I know, there might be exceptions and right now there are all these ETC discussions going on) would be a good idea. We get the chance to inspire the rest of our community with every piece of content, we're presenting to them. And maybe we can even convince them to take part on their own in this context.

Furthermore there will hopefully be those participants who think like: “Yeah, it doesn't hurt double posting my battle reports, painted models etc...“ who gain influence points for the campaign as a side effect too. By separating us from the other forums, we'd most likely loose them.
    Are these set up already?
    Find me now on Twitter @luckysixesPTG
    Visit our Youtube channel and latest project for book reviews, video battle reports and much much more!

Proxy Table Gaming Youtube Channel
    The Many Adventures of Lucky-Sixes
    THE QUICK-STARTER WORLD CUP
  • PTG-Lucky-Sixes wrote:

Lich King wrote:

While I like the idea of setting up a campaign specific board for the reasons already mentioned on the one hand, I need to confess, that using the faction forums for this was indeed intended on the other hand.

Are these set up already?
    Not yet. Exactly because I think it is worth discussing the structure for the campaign and your input is much appreciated! ;)

Full Layout Coordinator

Translation Team DE

VC Community Support

• That should be both homebrew and a story. It's what I intend to do.
    A summary of all proposed ideas from the VS LAB brainstorm thread

Do you hear the Ratmen sing, singing the songs of angry rats?
    It's the music of Avrasi, who will not be slaves again!
    When the beating of your heart, matches the ringing of the bell,
    There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!
    Will you roll all of your dice so that our banner may advance?
    Some will burn and some will run, will you stand up and take your chance?