Pinned The Fight for Avras - General Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Galion wrote:

Hi Guys,

I've sailed to the rescue of Avras under the glittering banners of the hosts of Celeda Ablan (HBE).
      My first character is being developed using only 1st person narrative style, so it fits with the 9th Age style as much as possible. The story will slowly develop and grow over time (I hope), but please take a look at my first effort.

Display Spoiler

Her Majesty has instructed me to return to the Isles, ostensibly to enquire as to my findings during this long sojourn. I am not anticipating a warm reception at court, due to my long absence...

I have been tasked by Her Majesty, to proceed with all haste to Avras which has been invested by a vast coalition of aggressors, lead by the men of The Empire of Sonnstahl. The stated aims of these humans and their allies are the capture of the city and the ousting of our ally, His Majesty King Fontaine, presumably with the intention of crowning their own puppet ruler in his stead.
      It has been impressed upon me, that the loss of the city would create certain difficulties and undesirable conditions for the continuance of our trade there. Our rebellious cousins, the Daeb, are said to already be supporting the Emperor's efforts there, hoping to replace our presence with their own. This situation cannot be permitted or suffered to happen!
      I am not personally familiar with the city, however, representing Her Majesty in other foreign climes has endowed me with at least a measure of understanding of the enemy and even our own allies, unreliable as they may be. I feel utterly repulsed at the thought of having to parley, on something approaching equal terms, with the dwarves of Zalaman Tekash, who also stand to lose their trading agreements if the city should fall.
      As such, I am to take ship from Aldan within the next few days alongside the forces I am to command when we arrive. Aldani forces within the city are already manning the walls to aid the King, however, their numbers dwindle daily. I only hope our voyage will be direct and the city yet stands...

By the White Isles of Celeda Ablan! We are but two days sail from the coast and already the clouds of smoke and ash can be seen! The city must be under intense bombardment, such that the night sky glows on the horizon with the fires of the chaos and war. The Empire has visited such ruin on their holy city of Avras, I gravely doubt the survival of even their holiest temple. My eagle born scouts report the walls remain intact and manned with defenders of many nations. They will guide the fleet pilots towards a sheltered anchorage, whence I will attempt to open a path through the weaker siege lines to enter the city. This passage will have to be hazarded during the black of night, when human and dwarf eyes cannot match those of my elves...

Excerpts from the personal journal of High Prince Aedwyn, Lord of Lion's Lodge, Provost of the Southern Approaches, Baron of Marble Forest, Ambassador of the Pearl Throne to the Court of Ukray, Master of the Dragonship Sea's Breath

Very good. I like very well :thumbsup:
    • Plut0nium wrote:

Hi everyone!
      Here is my first contribution to the campaign, a dark coach for the Vampire Convenants and my undead pirate army!
      I've already post the WIP but here is the final result :)

Hope you'll like the finish ;)

Have a nice day,

Julos
      Oh my fcking god. This thing looks so damn creepy! I love it.

And I love your stories as well, guys. Keep it coming!

Layout Team

Translation Team DE

VC Community Support

Supporter of Veil of the Ages

• PTG - Hyper-G wrote:

@Galion - It’s easy to see why this style of writing is being used for T9A as it captures what’s happening really well. Your efforts are superb too so nice one :)
      Thanks mate, it's also what I like. Very different feel to the top-down, history book style.
      Her Majesty has instructed me to return to the Isles, ostensibly to enquire as to my findings during this long sojourn. I am not anticipating a warm reception at court, due to my long absence....
    • After a lot here we are with another adventure of Campari and his sidekick Plank. you don't know them? I don't blame you. Well, they try to kill Nereide the Queen, was from one year ago and it not ended well for our heroes. If you want you can check the Background section or just read this little story.

CAMPARI'S RETURN: FIGHT FOR AVRAS

Display Spoiler
      The door of the dungeon opened and let in the faint light of a torch. It had been months since Campari saw a light and it was enough to hurt his old eyes.

The smell of burnt bitumen mixed with the stench of rat feces and black mold, Campari put a hand on his face, trying to get used to the light. he looked at himself for the first time since he had been imprisoned, his clothes were worn, his skin dirty and cracked.

-Has my time finally come? Are you here to kill me? I can smell the stink of the death. Said hopelessly Campari.

A voice belonging to a friend of the past answered the helpless mercenary

-You deserve it, you tried to kill the queen ... and you failed.

Campari winced, recognized that voice. He strained his eyes to get used to the light. In front of him was an Avras captain in the Gate Guard, white and purple uniform, yet his wheat-colored tuft and that annoying voice were unmistakable to him. It was his last intern Plank!

Campari got up clinging to his disciple, his aching legs, but now that Plank was here he was sure he would find the strength to escape.

-Plank, son of a pistol! the last time I saw you you were falling from the tallest tower in Avras. I didn't imagine you survived. You are going to tell me everything later, now it’s time to run….

Plank drew back and his old master collapsed to the ground.

-You shattered my old master. Said Plank helping Campari get back into his seat. I'm not here to let you escape. this uniform is not stolen, I am now a captain of Avrasian army and I have a mission to accomplish…

Campari interrupted him -What stupid mission should you do? how did you survive the fall? you didn't wear a parachu ... I mean, you weren't wearing Campari's Device of Wonders so how did you do it?

- I didn't do it, I didn't survive. Nerei ... my queen found me in agony while she was hunting you and gave me a second chance. Plank tilted his head to show two small holes in his neck.

Campari's face became sad

-For Warin’s sake kid…are you a..

-Not yet, not entirely. Don't look at me like that master, I've survived just like you teach me, survive at all costs, and I've become more powerful than before. The queen of Avras trained me well to defend her city.

-Defend the city? Against who? Equitaine? And for Warin and my sake, why are you here?! if you are not her for kill me nor for free me, tell me why you are here kid.

­­­___

Plank sat down in front of his old master, told of the months of siege, the great imperial army, the escalation of fighting and revolts in the city. When he had finished to speak, the torch was almost extinguished.

___

Campari looked at Plank bored and spoke

- What am I supposed to do? save the city? kill the emperor for your queen?

-No master, let me explain, there's something in the Lost Quarter near the heart of the old city, something dark, something evil. We have no information and the city guard troops no longer gives news for three weeks. King Fontaine hates me, perhaps he believes that I am in love with his queen and has ordered me to form a team and take her there to investigate. He called it Mortem Manipulus, I can choose who I want between prisoners and mercenaries so here I am. Do you want to join my team? do you want to come with me? We leave in two days.

-And what will your lover, your queen say? after all, I tried to kill her.

-I don't think you've gone so close as to make her seriously angry. Replied Plank. - And then don't think there's a chance of escaping, ours is a suicide mission, so you’re not going anywhere.

Campari smiled, with a great effort he stood up on his own and stayed there, looked into Plank's eyes, his gaze was mocking as always, he felt the adrenaline flowing in his body for a new mission, maybe the last, as always! The tiredness was already beginning to leave him.

- Plank, stupid damned rookie, you will never lern, I have no intention of joining your team, but of commanding it! Now let's get out of here and see if you can find me something to eat. We must create the most infamous battle unit ever seen in Avras and in these dungeons there is everything we need! by the way, King Fontaine is very talented for names, Mortem Manipulus, such a badass name! Maybe we should change in Campari's Mortem Manipulus what do you think...or maybe..

Campari continued to talk while Plank helped him to stand up and go through the door, his proud teacher didn't seem to change. In his cold chest, the heart of the boy that once was the pupil of Campari beats slightly, and a strange heat invaded his body for a moment. While he was helping the speaking speaker Campari to support himself and to leave his narrow cell he couldn't not smile ... he only hoped that this time it would be better than the old times.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mercenary Armies: stupid errors ().

• Galion wrote:

Hi Guys,

I've sailed to the rescue of Avras under the glittering banners of the hosts of Celeda Ablan (HBE).
      My first character is being developed using only 1st person narrative style, so it fits with the 9th Age style as much as possible. The story will slowly develop and grow over time (I hope), but please take a look at my first effort.

Display Spoiler

Her Majesty has instructed me to return to the Isles, ostensibly to enquire as to my findings during this long sojourn. I am not anticipating a warm reception at court, due to my long absence...

I have been tasked by Her Majesty, to proceed with all haste to Avras which has been invested by a vast coalition of aggressors, lead by the men of The Empire of Sonnstahl. The stated aims of these humans and their allies are the capture of the city and the ousting of our ally, His Majesty King Fontaine, presumably with the intention of crowning their own puppet ruler in his stead.
      It has been impressed upon me, that the loss of the city would create certain difficulties and undesirable conditions for the continuance of our trade there. Our rebellious cousins, the Daeb, are said to already be supporting the Emperor's efforts there, hoping to replace our presence with their own. This situation cannot be permitted or suffered to happen!
      I am not personally familiar with the city, however, representing Her Majesty in other foreign climes has endowed me with at least a measure of understanding of the enemy and even our own allies, unreliable as they may be. I feel utterly repulsed at the thought of having to parley, on something approaching equal terms, with the dwarves of Zalaman Tekash, who also stand to lose their trading agreements if the city should fall.
      As such, I am to take ship from Aldan within the next few days alongside the forces I am to command when we arrive. Aldani forces within the city are already manning the walls to aid the King, however, their numbers dwindle daily. I only hope our voyage will be direct and the city yet stands...

By the White Isles of Celeda Ablan! We are but two days sail from the coast and already the clouds of smoke and ash can be seen! The city must be under intense bombardment, such that the night sky glows on the horizon with the fires of the chaos and war. The Empire has visited such ruin on their holy city of Avras, I gravely doubt the survival of even their holiest temple. My eagle born scouts report the walls remain intact and manned with defenders of many nations. They will guide the fleet pilots towards a sheltered anchorage, whence I will attempt to open a path through the weaker siege lines to enter the city. This passage will have to be hazarded during the black of night, when human and dwarf eyes cannot match those of my elves...

Excerpts from the personal journal of High Prince Aedwyn, Lord of Lion's Lodge, Provost of the Southern Approaches, Baron of Marble Forest, Ambassador of the Pearl Throne to the Court of Ukray, Master of the Dragonship Sea's Breath

Great text! Would it be ok for you that we use your text as the introduction fluff for the HBE? Would fit perfect for that purpose
    • Adaephon_Delat wrote:

Galion wrote:

Hi Guys,

Display Spoiler

Great text! Would it be ok for you that we use your text as the introduction fluff for the HBE? Would fit perfect for that purpose
      of course, I'm pleased you like it :thumbsup:
      Her Majesty has instructed me to return to the Isles, ostensibly to enquire as to my findings during this long sojourn. I am not anticipating a warm reception at court, due to my long absence....
    • Hello everyone.
      Continuation of my adventure with the text and the photo of my second character Sylvan Elves.
      Cheers

Hugo

Chapter 3
      my second character
      Druid:
      Elanor Lûthrill (The star flower with brilliant magic)

Chapter 3

A promising apprentice

Display Spoiler

The country of the lord Mîrcalen, followed the destiny of the latter. Since the death of his wife, this ancient summer kingdom, formerly known as Ardhnòrui, was renamed Ardhrost, the kingdom of rain, in Elvish of Vetia. It is in its sodden forests that Orn Naergon, the great tree of sadness, the capital and home of the sovereign, his destination, was. The inhabitants of the city had become used to the rain, so that their clothes were designed not to gorge themselves with water but on the contrary to let it bead on the surface. Thus the Ardhrostrims remained dry under their protection. It was very easy to recognize them in their long hooded capes.

A group of hooded children in Orn Naergon's gardens applauded and encouraged a young woman elf who was practicing magic at the foot of the great tree that served as a fortress and home to Lord Mîrcalen and his people. Her staff crowned with a huge emerald in her hand, she varied her choices. Sometimes she used the rain to shape it into animals or sharp blades, sometimes she used the wet earth as a weapon or protection. The last spell she tried to cast brought roots out of the ground. They mounted very high like flying snakes before falling violently on the only mannequin still standing and tearing it like an old piece of rag. The acclamations redoubled before this new tour de force and the Druid saluted her audience. Elanor Lûthrill was pleased with the mastery she had gained from her powers. Her efforts had paid off and she was really looking forward to showing them to her master. Although she was young and only a hundred and two years old, she already had the physique and maturity of a young adult.

It was all for today and she went to get her stuff and her cloak. She had deserved rest and headed for the tree to rejoin her apartments, but she saw a well-known figure watching her. It was his mentor. She had not seen him come and wondered if he'd seen him train? She blushed embarrassment at the expressionless and insistent face of the mature elf. He held in his left hand his wooden stick at the end of which sat a stag's skull. He was not wearing a cloak so his clothes were soggy and his yellow-green hair was on his face. He said he welcomed the rain as a reminder of his past failure. Despite this neglected aspect, he had a proud and hard look and a nervous body, but in the depths of his eyes a sadness was perceptible.

• Master, shyly saluted the apprentice.
      • Elanor, I see you've improved again. A strange movement of his lips gave the impression to a smile. But fighting enemies is different from impressing children.
      • I can only imagine him master. But I feel ready to face the enemies of the forest.
      • We'll see that in a short time.
      • How? She was surprised. We are attacked?
      • Our lands are not at war. Elanor expire of relief. It is we who are going towards danger. The queen entrusted me with a mission and you will accompany me there. This time, the woman mage was stupefied and stiffened.
      • You want me to accompany you on a mission?
      • Do not rejoice too much, you will be there as an observer, to learn and help me. It is a capital mission, so I would like you not to let the passion of your youth disrupt your concentration and make you take untoward initiatives. Is it clear?
      • Yes master, I will not disappoint you. Inside she was bubbling with excitement. She was going on a mission for the first time!
      • Very well ! Now follow me.
      Mîrcalen took his apprentice to a grove a little further and took the opportunity to tell what the king had ordered him to do. Tingling in the neck warned Elanor that they had arrived in a magical place. There was a small lake in front of them and she knew they were in Bothdìnen, a small lake where she often came to meditate. The atmosphere of this place was calm and serene and the elf master broke the silence.

• I will test your abilities and assess your level of magic.
      • What do you expect from me master?
      • You will have to concentrate and locate a Dryad Ancient named Faeriaura Taurman. Elanor was surprised.
      • Faeriaura? The old dryad? But, master, I do not have the level of magic required, I will be destroyed by his protections! She must certainly use enchantments to be invisible to other magicians. Panic and doubt could be seen on her usually sweet face.
      • I did not ask you to contact her or attack her, but just to find her. Once you see her, leave before his charms of protection are activated. The disciple was blanched.
      • I, I ... she had totally lost her means. She knew full well that coming into contact with an old dryad involved risks for low-level druid. So with Faeriaura, a dryad of creation, it was suicide! Being a woman elf would not change anything about her spells. The dryad did not even know her!
      • Do not doubt you Elanor. If I chose you from all the other contenders it's for your connection with magic. In you, the powers of nature flow fluently, and you learn quickly. You are the best student I have had. So stop doubting.
      • Yes, master, you are probably right, but doubt lingered on his face.
      • We go on mission and there will be unforeseen, even enemies. We will not in training, and you will have to react to stress. In this exercise, the danger will be real and you will have to maintain your concentration so as not to let your emotions make you fail. See this as a real-life test. You will come out grown and stronger. I know you can succeed so relax and go in meditation. He put his hand on his shoulder. I will stay close to you.
      • Elanor looked at Mîrcalen this time with a determined look. After all he was right, there were about twenty of them wanting to become the disciple of the melancholy druid, and only his ease in modeling magic, his natural calmness and his natural joy, allowed him to be chosen. Until now she had never failed one of her tests. So even if it was very risky, she was successful this. Yes, I will not disappoint you master. The mage smiled while looking at her proud pupil.
      • Look for a grove master. She nodded and went to sit by the lake.
      The young woman put herself cross-legged, hands in a circle at the belly to focus on her-self and in reality, and ensure the return of her astral body, then let herself go in the ether. In a greyish world where everything appeared to him in shades of gray, there were sometimes spots of color, sometimes pastels, sometimes bright, which meant the presence of being alive. She saw no dark spots that would announce the location of being dark. She then went in search of the old dryad, flying over long distance at an impressive speed. There was a multitude of life in the Wyscan Forest and even in this sadly rainy region. Many places of power appeared in the great forest of elves. Waterfalls, lakes, sacred falls, clearings, then she spotted a place of great power. A grove of old and powerful trees looked bright as if they were composed of several stars. It must have been there, even though there was no trace of any spirit. Of course, if an entity lived in this place it could only be very old and able to hide its presence.

It is now that the test really begins because flying in his astral body is within the reach of all the magi, but to defend himself was another matter. With his gray-blue floating body, Elanor began to trace runes in the air to reveal what remains hidden. She invoked the ancestral forces of the origin of the world and pronounced the sacred sounds that correspond to her spell. His voice vibrated and created waves that folded the magical world. It worked and a rainbow silhouette appeared in the largest tree, throbbing like a heart. In her elegant feminine form tangled with vegetable matter, Elanor knew that she was watching a dryad. Although her master asked her to leave as soon as she saw him, Elanor could not named the entity by name, because she was sure to succeed that.
      • Faeriaura Taurman, I salute you.
      Suddenly, the dryad opened his eyes and everything went dark. The light emitted by the trees was dimmed. An aura with the appearance of a powerful and evil age-old oak and the redness of anger escaped from Faeriaura Taurman. Without waiting, this demonstration projected thorny and sharp roots towards the frightened elf. The woman latter had just enough time to pronounce the rune which deviated these kinds of forest tentacles, then the rune of the return which precipitated it at an extraordinary speed towards its inert body. The dryad remained confused, but rich in her experience she had followed by the spirit in the source of this magic. Who could be this imprudent druid who dared to address her in the world of spirits? Beside the young woman elf in a suit was another mage. He was much more powerful and she knew him. Mîcalen, poor fool! He had sent a novice to meet him. What did he have in mind? Faeriaura emerged from her rest and left the sheltering tree to meet this elf idiot and her intrepid acolyte.

The return was brutal and too fast, so that she was thrown back. Elanor was moist with sweat and her heart was pounding in her temples. She had succeeded, but barely. If she had not reacted quickly, she would have lost her life. What madness ! She was proud of her but at the same time disconcerted to have come close to death. Mîrcalen looked at her, still with his favorite expression, and did not say words. She decided to break the awkward silence.

• I found him master. Her tone was weak because she was struggling to catch her breath.
      • I know and you did very well.
      • How could you know that you were not there? I could have died there, she said, anger stuck in her throat.
      • You are alive, so you have succeeded.
      • Faced with this pragmatism, Elanor could only nod. We go to his master search?
      • No need. The dryad is coming. She can not turn a blind eye to what she sees as a lack of respect for her rank.
      • The young woman elf was stupefied and shivered. What! She's coming here?

And music of Lind Erebros

The post was edited 7 times, last by HKYUGOK ().

• HKYUGOK wrote:

Hello everyone.
      I could see that some of you had made army books for their armies. Is there a standard file that would be available?
      How did you do?
      Thank you in advance.
      Cheers

Hugo
      There's a file in homebrew section. But you can create a better chart for unit by yourself. For fancy stuff and layout I ve extracted the images from the T9A rulebook. If you want I can send you a word file of one of my home book but you have to give your é mail. :).

In exchange you have to join the Campari's Mortem Manipulus.
    • Little Joe wrote:

The template, advise here.

@Mercenary Armies: What is Campari's Mortem Manipulus?
      ahahah...is a funny thing. the Side Quest number 3 is about paint and build up a miniature for investigate in the Avras City Center. on my little story this team is made up by criminals. is like the SUICIDE SQUAD.

Mercenary Armies wrote:

Mercenary Armies wrote:

After a lot here we are with another adventure of Campari and his sidekick Plank. you don't know them? I don't blame you. Well, they try to kill Nereide the Queen, was from one year ago and it not ended well for our heroes. If you want you can check the Background section or just read this little story.

CAMPARI'S RETURN: FIGHT FOR AVRAS

Display Spoiler
      The door of the dungeon opened and let in the faint light of a torch. It had been months since Campari saw a light and it was enough to hurt his old eyes.

The smell of burnt bitumen mixed with the stench of rat feces and black mold, Campari put a hand on his face, trying to get used to the light. he looked at himself for the first time since he had been imprisoned, his clothes were worn, his skin dirty and cracked.

-Has my time finally come? Are you here to kill me? I can smell the stink of the death. Said hopelessly Campari.

A voice belonging to a friend of the past answered the helpless mercenary

-You deserve it, you tried to kill the queen ... and you failed.

Campari winced, recognized that voice. He strained his eyes to get used to the light. In front of him was an Avras captain in the Gate Guard, white and purple uniform, yet his wheat-colored tuft and that annoying voice were unmistakable to him. It was his last intern Plank!

Campari got up clinging to his disciple, his aching legs, but now that Plank was here he was sure he would find the strength to escape.

-Plank, son of a pistol! the last time I saw you you were falling from the tallest tower in Avras. I didn't imagine you survived. You are going to tell me everything later, now it’s time to run….

Plank drew back and his old master collapsed to the ground.

-You shattered my old master. Said Plank helping Campari get back into his seat. I'm not here to let you escape. this uniform is not stolen, I am now a captain of Avrasian army and I have a mission to accomplish…

Campari interrupted him -What stupid mission should you do? how did you survive the fall? you didn't wear a parachu ... I mean, you weren't wearing Campari's Device of Wonders so how did you do it?

- I didn't do it, I didn't survive. Nerei ... my queen found me in agony while she was hunting you and gave me a second chance. Plank tilted his head to show two small holes in his neck.

Campari's face became sad

-For Warin’s sake kid…are you a..

-Not yet, not entirely. Don't look at me like that master, I've survived just like you teach me, survive at all costs, and I've become more powerful than before. The queen of Avras trained me well to defend her city.

-Defend the city? Against who? Equitaine? And for Warin and my sake, why are you here?! if you are not her for kill me nor for free me, tell me why you are here kid.

­­­___

Plank sat down in front of his old master, told of the months of siege, the great imperial army, the escalation of fighting and revolts in the city. When he had finished to speak, the torch was almost extinguished.

___

Campari looked at Plank bored and spoke

- What am I supposed to do? Save the city? Kill the emperor for your queen?

-No master, let me explain, there's something in the Lost Quarter near the heart of the old city, something dark, something evil. We have no information and the city guard troops no longer gives news for three weeks. King Fontaine hates me, perhaps he believes that I am in love with his queen and has ordered me to form a team and take her there to investigate. He called it Mortem Manipulus, I can choose who I want between prisoners and mercenaries so here I am. Do you want to join my team? do you want to come with me? We leave in two days.

-And what will your lover, your queen say? after all, I tried to kill her.

-I don't think you've gone so close as to make her seriously angry. Replied Plank. - And then don't think there's a chance of escaping, ours is a suicide mission, so you’re not going anywhere.

Campari smiled, with a great effort he stood up on his own and stayed there, looked into Plank's eyes, his gaze was mocking as always, he felt the adrenaline flowing in his body for a new mission, maybe the last, as always! The tiredness was already beginning to leave him.

- Plank, stupid damned rookie, you will never lern, I have no intention of joining your team, but of commanding it! Now let's get out of here and see if you can find me something to eat. We must create the most infamous battle unit ever seen in Avras and in these dungeons there is everything we need! by the way, King Fontaine is very talented for names, Mortem Manipulus, such a badass name! Maybe we should change in Campari's Mortem Manipulus what do you think...or maybe..

Campari continued to talk while Plank helped him to stand up and go through the door, his proud teacher didn't seem to change. In his cold chest, the heart of the boy that once was the pupil of Campari beats slightly, and a strange heat invaded his body for a moment. While he was helping the speaking speaker Campari to support himself and to leave his narrow cell he couldn't not smile ... he only hoped that this time it would be better than the old times.

KING FONTAINE choose the name MORTEM MANIPULUS, but of course Campari (that is egocentric) wants to add is touch. :P
    • Mercenary Armies wrote:

HKYUGOK wrote:

Hello everyone.
      I could see that some of you had made army books for their armies. Is there a standard file that would be available?
      How did you do?
      Thank you in advance.
      Cheers

Hugo
      There's a file in homebrew section. But you can create a better chart for unit by yourself. For fancy stuff and layout I ve extracted the images from the T9A rulebook. If you want I can send you a word file of one of my home book but you have to give your é mail. :).
      In exchange you have to join the Campari's Mortem Manipulus.
      I retrieved a doc file. But your idea of suicide squad is funny. Unfortunately I have no more equipment to paint figurines, I just had time to paint my heroes. I had to make room in my home. That's why I asked if I could do a drawing for the sidequest 3.

I really like your text on suicide squad. :thumbsup:
    • EoS - SE battle report
      thanks to @Oh The Irony! and @Chack for a really nice battle!

the armies (click on the blue "f" to open the post and see lists and miniatures)

some fluff (also in the description of one of the pictures below)
      Display Spoiler

Your Excellency,

It is with great relief that I announce the utmost success of our negotiations with the envoys of the Dread Republic. As planned, I led a small contingent from Alfhaven to the northeast side of the estuary of the Gewache river, where I met the Daeb diplomats. As per your orders, I made sure that our camp was thoroughly concealed, and that the Equitan scouts patrolling the other side of the estuary had no awareness of our secret meeting with the emissaries of the Republic.

I am glad to report that the Daeb officers renewed their support to our mission in Avras. Crucially, they agreed to join the siege by sea, sailing through the Middle Sea, instead of landing in Alfhaven and crossing Vetia on foot. Even as allies, I am not sure it would be wise to let the Daeb forces cross our land on their way to Avras.

Groefius, our representative of the Wizardry college, mentioned the possibility of sailing ­down the river Gewache, while using concealment spells to elude the watch of the Trewi in the Wyscan forest. He suggested that the river path would bring their forces to Myra in very little time. However, the Daeb diplomats were utterly unimpressed by this proposition. They seem to fear the sylvan people much more than we do.

While my scouts deliver this message to you in Ullsberg, I will be leading the rest of my small force to Aschau, hoping to reach Avras in the shortest time. Except for a small passage between the hills and the edge of the forest, we will stay clear of Wyscan. Groefius seemed particularly worried by how the Daeb excluded any contact with the Sylvan folks. He insisted that the forest may be arising once more, and that the Dread Elves might have sensed it. Luckily, his concerned ramblings have not affected the morale of my knights - nor of my halberdiers, or even of my handgunners. Our Alfhaven soldiers truly deserve their reputation of disciplined fighters!

I am confident that we can soon join the Aschau camp, where I will share with General Stutzenberg the good news regarding our Daeb encounter.

Marshall Baas Roeken.

the report (click on the blue "f", see descriptions for each picture)

click the logo and reach the KickStarter page!
    • Phaeoron wrote:

@Little Joe the template is outdates, it has the old stat block. Plus I have a lot of problems duplicating entries, the lines get all jumbled up...
      Thanks for pointing that out, I did not check it.