[Masters Tournament] Cossacks Raid - Zielonka by Warsaw, 29.02-1.03.2020, 4 x 4500 pts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• [Masters Tournament] Cossacks Raid - Zielonka by Warsaw, 29.02-1.03.2020, 4 x 4500 pts

I would like to invite you all to:

Cossacks Raid – masters class team tournament

Date: February 29- March 1, 2020
      Place: Hotel Trylogia in Zielonki by Warsaw, Poland
      Józefa Poniatowskiego 46
      05-220 Zielonka
      hoteltrylogia.pl/en/

Points: 4-member teams, 4500 points per army, no army may be repeated in the team
      Three battles on Saturday, two on Sunday
      Tournament registered in Polish T9A league
      Tournament is a part of European Masters League

We are going to play at the 3* hotel opened by friends of Jerzy Hoffman, a famous Polish director, who filmed Trilogy by Henryk Sienkiewicz. The event venue is the Noble Hall, a fully air-conditioned space, decorated with souvenirs from the movie-making process. A good atmosphere guaranteed!

Sponsors
      Lubart Miniatures

Toczay Movement Trays

Link to the thread

Playmaty.pl

playmaty.pl

We will play here:

What it looked like last time:

General rules:
      Open rosters
      We play by the newest The Ninth Age version of rules
      Scenarios indicated by the organiser
      Victory points as per rulebook
      TK link: tourneykeeper.net/Team/TKTeamLeaderboard.aspx?Id=3119

Referees
      Main: Slivek
      Assistant referees:
      Painting referee:

Applications:
      Any applications containing: name of the team, members and armies sent by February 23rd, 2020 along with correct rosters will net you 10 BP. Please send applications to kozacki.zajazd@gmail.com. Any communication on forum is informative for me and does not guarantee a spot. A payment guarantees it provided there are still places left.
      Rosters will be published on forum after the deadline.

Changes to rosters after February 23rd, 2020 lub negate the 10 BP bonus.
      - Each minor change, e.g. misclick, no general marked, mount errased, etc. is necessary
      - incorrect rosters (e.g. exceeding section limits) must be amended in the least invasive way possible.
      - A major mistake like path of magic change, magic standard change, units change and similar – not allowed.

Roster format ETC style.
      Please send the rosters in doc / pdf / txt files along with the full team entry.

Prepayment:

80 PLN (or €19,50) per person, 320 PLN (€78) per team. Please make the transfer to PL 97 1140 2004 0000 3102 7473 7100, addressed at
      Unitekst. Agnieszka Skowerska, SWIFT/ BIC BREXPLPWOMB, addressed to Marek Skowerski. A prepayment by January 28th, 2020, will net you 5 BP. The prepayment is non-refundable (you may reassign it to another team).
      The title should say: Participation in Cossacks Raid tournament, (name of the team, members).
      Please send transfer confirmation by email to kozacki.zajazd@gmail.com.

Limit of teams: 42

Accommodation and catering
      There are two options available per person:
      1 person for 1 night in a room, lunch and dinner, breakfast on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday included – 182 PLN (€44)
      1 person for 2 nights in a room, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday – 272 PLN (€66)
      Additional meal on Sunday (strogonov, a sort of stew): 18 PLN (€4). Please book this while making the hotel reservation as ordering things a’la carte may take time and forces you to leave the tables. Please include these in the application email and prepayment.

Hotel limit: 52 single, twin and triple rooms. The organiser reserves the right to assign rooms to players to utilise all available beds.

Reservations: kozacki.zajazd@gmail.com by January 24 to PL 97 1140 2004 0000 3102 7473 7100, bank SWIFT/ BIC BREXPLPWOMB, addressed at "Unitekst. Agnieszka Skowerska",with name, surname, team name and package selected in the title. Only payment confirms the reservation. The reservation is non-refundable (you may reassign it to another player). Probably we will be the only group in the hotel, though I cannot guarantee it.
      No sleeping in the games room. Should we run out of hotel rooms, I can assist with accommodation nearby.

Menu: WIP (including vege option, please mark it in the registration email)
      Sunday: strogonov, served in the hall adjacent to the games room.

Programme:

Saturday:
      8:30 captains register their teams
      9:00 opening ceremony
      09:15 – 12:45 round one
      12:45 – 13:45 lunch
      13:45 – 17:15 round two
      17:30 – 22:00 round three
      Dinner between 18:30 and 19:30, during the battle.

Sunday
      8:15 captains register their teams
      8:30 – 12:00 round four
      12:45 – 16:15 round five
      16:25 results and awards

NOTICE: hotel rooms at Trylogia hotel available till 12:00 on Sunday. The hotel has baggage room. There is also a cloakroom by the games room.

Painting and gaming accessories

You can play with unpainted armies , however, during the tournament we will check your gaming accessories and the painting level of your army, as well as its compliance with the roster sent. At the end of day one please leave your army and the roster on tables, coherently assembled, so that we can quickly and adequately assess it. Gaming accessories will be checked by assistant referees during battles to avoid confusion. No proxies, wooden birds instead of phoenixes or cigarette packs instead of steam tanks, please.

A. Painting quality 0-4 BP
      Precision of painting, techniques used.
      0 – barely acceptable, basecoat visible from under colours
      1 – correct paints applied to surfaces, no details or effects
      2 – table top (basic drybrush / wash/ dipping), some details painted
      4 – well-painted army (good drybrush / wash and shading, all details painted)

B. Army coherence 0-3BP
      We evaluate if the army is coherent visually (colours, trays, model bases).
      0 – units and models painted using different colours sets, no coherence
      1 – army to a large extent coherent, no more than 10% models incoherent
      3 – a visually coherent army

C. Model bases and movement trays 0-3 BP
      0 – any unit of 2+ models without a movement tray
      1 – all units have basic movement trays, all war machines are on bases
      +1 – movement trays are modelled and/or magnetised (in case of magnetic trays without boundaries)
      +1 – model bases are modelled (sand with grass, stones, skulls, etc.)

D. WYSIWYG
      Visual compliance of models equipment with the roster.
      0 – significant WYSIWYG issues, models feature equipment not included in the roster and/or at least one “proxy” (e.g. fast cavalry instead of heavy cavalry or spearmen instead of halberdiers) and/or poorly executed conversions / adaptations of toys
      1 – WYSIWYG on majority of models in units, several individual models display discrepancies
      2 – full WYSIWYG on units and heroes

E. Gaming accessories 0-3 BP
      0 – any of the following missing: dice, measuring tape, armybook, roster
      1 – a complete set: dice, measuring tape, armybook, roster
      +1 wound tokens, LoS markers, markers for position of units
      +1 printed spell cards and winds of magic cards (or application to track winds of magic)
      Total: 15 BP

I reserve the right to remove unsuitable models from table.

Individual requests
      In case of any doubts concerning painting level, prepainted models, conversions, models WYSIWYG and related, please address me at kozacki.zajazd@gmail.com.

Victory points per round

A team may score 28-52 BP.
      Each player may score 0-20 BP, the team results are added.
      A team to score more than 51 BP in a round, scores 52 BP. A team with a result of 27 or less, gets 28 BP. Other teams score BP equal to the sum of their individual results in a given round. The ranking is set based on BP.
      To sum up: 52-28 scoring range

Bye per round:
      50 BP in round one
      50 BP in round two
      49 BP in round three
      48 BP in round four
      47 BP in round five

Tie-breakers: capped BP from battles > uncapped BP from battles > the team with less penalty points so far > battle victory points

Penalties
      The team captain is responsible for reporting the results at the referees table. Penalties for delays:
      0-2 min: 5 BP
      2-5 min: 10 BP
      5-10 min: 20 BP
      10+ min: result is 0:0, 28 BP.

The referees can and will apply penalty points for unsportsmanlike behaviours, including poor manners. I reserve the right to expel people overusing alcohol or improperly behaving from the tournament (their score for the rest of the tournament will be 0).

Pairing system:

- Organiser will indicate a team to get a bye for round one
      - No team from the same club will play against one another in round one
      - Pairings will take place once the rosters are collected
      - Starting from round two, we revert to “Swiss” pairing system
      - A challenge is possible in round one (the challenged team must accept it)

Pairings for battles
      A and B teams nominate a player each (a defender).
      Each defender is presented with two opposite players (attackers).
      Defenders choose the attackers to play against.
      The attackers that were not chosen, play with the last remaining player of the opposite team.
      Pairings should take 15 minutes most.

Tables and maps:
      Once the pairing is done, randomise tables for each pair to play on. Please roll for the deployment type once the tables are assigned to players.

Scenarios

Round one
      1st and 2nd pairing Hold the Ground
      3rd and 4th pairing Capture the Flags

Round two
      1st and 2nd pairing Breakthrough
      3rd and 4th pairing Secure Target

Round three
      1st and 2nd pairing Spoils of War
      3rd and 4th pairing Hold the Ground

Round four
      1st and 2nd pairing Secure Target
      3rd and 4th pairing Breakthrough

Round five
      1st and 2nd pairing Capture the Flags
      3rd and 4th pairing Spoils of War

Any minors willing to attend the event must present a permission a form their legal supervisors, reading:

“I hereby give my consent for my child to participate in The 9th Age Kozacki Zajazd tournament between February 29-March 1 in Zielonka by Warsaw and I bear full responsibility for any damage caused by the child.

Signature, date.”

All participants are responsible for their behaviour and possible damage caused.

Registrations

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…iZRhaHX4/edit?usp=sharing

The post was edited 17 times, last by myth_pl ().

• @ kastyan_kg, there is a bus going from Warsaw centre to Turów, very close to Trylogia,here is the link to google maps. Alternativelty, Uber will be an option. According to uber.com/pl/en/price-estimate/, it should be 48 - 77 PLN, depending on time of the day.

I have updated the tournament pack in first post above with the following:

Registration by email: moved to February 23rd. By then I need the rosters, names of teams, names and surnames of players, as well as their armies. This will net you 10 BP. Incomplete registration or errors in rosters will result in no bonus.

Rosters changes after the deadline: minor errors (like misclick, no general marked, mount errased while editting) must be amended. Incorrect rosters (like exceeding special units limit) must be amended in the least invasive way possible to secure validity. No swapping of units, magic items, paths or magic. Any change will result in no bonus.

Painting: we don't mind unpainted models, there will be no penalties. Painted armies will get a bonus (a team gets an average bonus of all notes received). No proxies, wooden birds replacing phoenixes or similar, please. Email me if uncertain, please.

The deadline for bonused registration payment is still January 28. Also, after this date I cannot guarantee there will be beds available at the hotel as I have to return unused rooms into hotel inventory. Please make sure to book in advance. Looking forward to meeting you in Warsaw!
    • After an update, there will be 148 players at the tournament, thank you very much for registering! This is going to be awesome! :) There are still spots left so feel free to register!

Lubart Miniatures have decided to support the event, thank you very much! Make sure to click lubart-miniatures.com and give the guys some love, the deliver superb UD, VS and KoE armies, among others. They are a company made by players for players and they focus on T9A in particular. If you would like to make an order, the tournament is a good occassion to have in delivered!

Last but not least, I have answered all the inquiries I hope. If I missed something, drop me a PM, please.

The post was edited 2 times, last by myth_pl ().

• After the update, there will be 39 teams at the tournament, awesome! :)

I am proud to announce that Toczay Movement Trays joins the event as a partner. Toczay delivers high quality movement trays, from simple ones to elaborate designs, modular trays and more. They also deliver gaming accessories. Show the guys some love and see what they can do under this link.

The post was edited 1 time, last by myth_pl ().