Spanish community thoughts - 9th Age issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Zamo wrote:

Im not thinking you are idiot at all... Your conclusions of the video are personal, but the message is what it is, so a) you didnt understood the message b)you didnt read the issues

If you did, then you havent understood the message. Thats why I offer an explanation (pm not to bother this thread) but if you prefer to missunderstood the message, is ok. Im not arguing as thats not my goal.

Anyways part of the staff has already settleled that problem is spanish community and how it plays 9th age and has nothing to do with how 9th age staff are doing some things. So this is almost over. We will keep our way then and win as much etc as we want next years till we get bored...
    assumig you can win and we, polland and germany can have a word about it this year.

Playtester

DL-Comunity Support

Master of the Coins

• Dude, it is you who doesn't (want to) get it.

You're stepping into a bar called 'T9A public forums'. Our service and drinks are for free, though from time to time we're not working as swiftly as others bars might do. You know, it's not easy to find unpaid waiters.

Now you start complaining like: 'The free drinks need to be served much more swiftly. Otherwise my friends and me get pissed.'

The waiters start explaining: 'Sorry, mate. We're doin' our best but we really lack in man power. If you wanted to help us out, we could serve your friends much faster.'

Your answer is like: 'Listen! I'm tellin' you, what truely is your problem. You're serving vine and gin and whiskey and all this stuff. But we only want to have beer! If you would serve beer only everything would run much smoother than it is now.'

The waiters are becoming impatient because dozens of other bar visitors want to get served as well: 'You know, not everyone likes beer as much as you do. They also like vine and other drinks.'

Your answer: 'Alright then, you don't get it. Bring me all your beer. As soon as me and my friends will be drunk enough, we're gonna set the whole bar on fire. I told you to listen to me. Now it's your own fault.'

Full Layout Coordinator

Translation Team DE

VC Community Support

Supporter of Veil of the Ages

• WhammeWhamme wrote:

Books get more than one auxiliary, so that's problem one solved, and problem two can only be solved by promoting the auxiliary lists to full-book-focus for balance, which eats into precious RT manhours.
    This is because T9A team think their main target is competive player which want precise balance points
    If you consider competitives players as only part of the players pool and dedicate the balance as a small time each year by providing a tournament pack, you will have time to make other stuff. But as I said, I think it is already too late for this as most casual players have leaved the project, so...
  • Lich King wrote:

Dude, it is you who doesn't (want to) get it.

You're stepping into a bar called 'T9A public forums'. Our service and drinks are for free, though from time to time we're not working as swiftly as others bars might do. You know, it's not easy to find unpaid waiters.

Now you start complaining like: 'The free drinks need to be served much more swiftly. Otherwise my friends and me get pissed.'

The waiters start explaining: 'Sorry, mate. We're doin' our best but we really lack in man power. If you wanted to help us out, we could serve your friends much faster.'

Your answer is like: 'Listen! I'm tellin' you, what truely is your problem. You're serving vine and gin and whiskey and all this stuff. But we only want to have beer! If you would serve beer only everything would run much smoother than it is now.'

The waiters are becoming impatient because dozens of other bar visitors want to get served as well: 'You know, not everyone likes beer as much as you do. They also like vine and other drinks.'

Your answer: 'Alright then, you don't get it. Bring me all your beer. As soon as me and my friends will be drunk enough, we're gonna set the whole bar on fire. I told you to listen to me. Now it's your own fault.'
    nice movie you just made up haha

Is like @Mirdhynn just said... Many people is already out...

You should start listening to advice and community feelings and concerns...we arent expressing this just for fun...but as a real worry
    Xhoka Lizards player - Spain

Guardianes del Sur
    Youtube --> Guardianes del Sur
    Facebook -->Guardianes del Sur
    Instagram --> Guardianes del Sur
  • The hobby is much more than playing (let alone playing competitive) and anyone can focus on whichever part he and his community enjoys more, be it competitive games, small scale games, quickstarter games, core troops only tournament, dungeonT9A, 2day 10000pts game, painting, sculpting, diorama making and the list goes on..

Even if someone holds on to the hobby thanks to its ability to satisfy one's antagonistic nature, you can always try different things from time to time just for rediscovering your interest.
  • Hi to everyone.

I just wanted to comment on the questions you all have about how the spainish tournaments works.

I am from southern Spain. I belong to a club for the last 15+ years, a club that had given to spanish national team several international ETC players over the yeras on both 9th Age (and WHF previously) and 40K. We organize a 40+ people tournament pretty much every couple of months, and we have a bast experience on running 150+ players tournaments over the years. Those tournaments are both singles, 5 people tem, 8 pleople tems... you name it...

To the question of what it is played on Spain right now, the anwser is; EVERYTHING.

- 9th age - ETC oriented tournaments (the most popular/demanded right now for sure)
    - Necormunda
    - Shadespire
    - Oldhammer (6th, 7th, 8th, mixed editions...)
    - etc...

We also have club whrere you can play as fluffly and relax as you want... On my city there are at least 3 strong clubes, and many other small ones. We run differents campaings (inter-clubes on inner-clubee) such as; bloodbowl, 9th age, etc...

This is the deal; We are on the 9th forum, talking about 9th problems. Problems that are linked to the ETC, but 9th age problems nontheless.

For a super competitive ETC player this speed of change is perfect; Less changes = more stability. More stability = more data. More data = better preparation for an ETC event.

If Gundizalbo and Zamo asked for those changes on the video is with the competitive, semi-competitive, fluffly players, because they are the ones who like more diversity on the game and enjoy other aspects than pure competition.
  • WhammeWhamme wrote:

Mirdhynn wrote:

DanT wrote:

T9a wants to be, and should be, more than just an ETC/competitive tournament game.
    Sorry to be so direct, but this is actually not the case.I don't live in Spain but in north of France. All the game is focused on team tournament.Perhaps this was not the goal, and T9A team want to make a complete game, but
    - Balance using tournament datas and claim it
    - Make incomprehensible points update, based on most used units, giving the feeling that it was just made to renew the tournament lists
    - Having such answers from the team members : ETC 2019 Lists
    - Having a forum which most threads are analysing ETC lists, tournament lists

All of this lead to a complete different idea than "T9a wants to be, and should be, more than just an ETC/competitive tournament game." Most of the players I know are just tournament players now, and don't care about any background

To be honnest, I don't ever know if there is a solution to this problem : It has already began during GW time, T9A just intensified it. I don't think that T9A team can produce a complete new background just because, they don't have enough people to do in, let's say two years, what GW did in 20 years.

Anyway, here is an idea that can help to catch more 'fluff" or "beer and bretzels" players :
    Add what is already present in UD (terracota and barrows ways) : possibility to use the same army book but make different armies.
    Pros : With just a small text and 2-3 possible army ways, you give a possiblibilty to players to customize their OWN army
    Cons : This will probably give an axe blow into the balance totem.
    I'm heading towards my personal second year of writing T9A background, and I'm still a "new guy" really. People grumble about "secret background" but honest to heavens it exists. What needs production isn't "the background" - it's "the stories" set in the world that's already been created (although more details continue to be fleshed out - as all authors do :) ).

And hey. More volunteers for BGT = more ability to put out random other fluff projects.
    Production needs also the bg, not only stories. I repeat, we have stories about secret agent, 007, archeologists, wife....
    We need more stories for a wargame. Fight For Avras is a good way to see what (some) people want about the fluff: warriors, soldiers and battles.
  • Zamo wrote:

Hi everyone
    I'd love to get the community thoughts of the game from all over the world. But quite frankly, we do not have the time to listen to every 1h show and read/listen to replies to those thoughts. We do have our regular jobs and families too. Project has ACS teams for making summaries, but that is not always perfect as even they do not have enough time. For overall feeling of the game I don't even think we have a team that would sum up things you are mentioning.

So I am going to make a Trump and would like to request one page text summary of your video and one page summary of responses, with bullet points of course! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Krokz ().

• The tittle should be "Spanish competitive comunity thoughts". I'm part of the spanish comunity, bus since I don't go to etc-like tournaments, my opinion has no iterest for you (and it even looks like you are pushing me out of comunity as a whole).

Personally, complaining about there being less and less players in the game is hilarious. You joke about the Warhammer Reforged community (a hand made version of 6th with all the new units) at least once in each of your latter videos.

So, if a WHR player can go accross all the constant whinning in your videos, and it is a difficult task, and is interested in t9a he will feel insulted.

Personally I have 0 interest in etc-like tourneys (appart from the good experience of the meeting with new players, the good ambient and the lot I improve each tournament) since they adulterate the game a lot and create extreme non balanced lists (full sword and full shield lists).

What attracts me to this project is neither the game, the balance, the background or the art, but the whole. It is a community driven game with no real owner, where people do the best for free. I don't want this game to be a succeaswho everybody plays (well, it would make ne very happy if that happens), but I want the game to probe than de comon work of fans with a common goal can produce something of bigger quality than anything a monwy driven company can.

And if it needs time, time it should be. Because we need the best possible game. And something being some points cheaper or expensivier once more at year wont accomplish that. If some of the balance has to be sacrificed in the short term to accomplish it on the long turn, be it.

Also, previously I just made 2 games between updates. In the currwnt state of slow timming I really enjoy my games and I have time to evolve my list.
  • Mirdhynn wrote:

WhammeWhamme wrote:

Books get more than one auxiliary, so that's problem one solved, and problem two can only be solved by promoting the auxiliary lists to full-book-focus for balance, which eats into precious RT manhours.
    This is because T9A team think their main target is competive player which want precise balance pointsIf you consider competitives players as only part of the players pool and dedicate the balance as a small time each year by providing a tournament pack, you will have time to make other stuff. But as I said, I think it is already too late for this as most casual players have leaved the project, so...
    To be more precise about my post :
    I think that the balance is now almost OK for team tournaments
    I am not sure it is so good for the individual play, but let's go with it.
    To summarize, I think the balance is not any more a big problem and T9A teams have to focus on other subject now :
    - Keep the general army book like this. Team tournament players are already conquered, no need to have much more work on this. Call the general army books "tournament pack" if you want.
    - You want to cath other players ? Work on the background, add new units or new fluff army lists variants
  • Manxol wrote:

The tittle should be "Spanish competitive comunity thoughts". I'm part of the spanish comunity, bus since I don't go to etc-like tournaments, my opinion has no iterest for you (and it even looks like you are pushing me out of comunity as a whole).

Personally, complaining about there being less and less players in the game is hilarious. You joke about the Warhammer Reforged community (a hand made version of 6th with all the new units) at least once in each of your latter videos.

So, if a WHR player can go accross all the constant whinning in your videos, and it is a difficult task, and is interested in t9a he will feel insulted.

Personally I have 0 interest in etc-like tourneys (appart from the good experience of the meeting with new players, the good ambient and the lot I improve each tournament) since they adulterate the game a lot and create extreme non balanced lists (full sword and full shield lists).

What attracts me to this project is neither the game, the balance, the background or the art, but the whole. It is a community driven game with no real owner, where people do the best for free. I don't want this game to be a succeaswho everybody plays (well, it would make ne very happy if that happens), but I want the game to probe than de comon work of fans with a common goal can produce something of bigger quality than anything a monwy driven company can.

And if it needs time, time it should be. Because we need the best possible game. And something being some points cheaper or expensivier once more at year wont accomplish that. If some of the balance has to be sacrificed in the short term to accomplish it on the long turn, be it.

Also, previously I just made 2 games between updates. In the currwnt state of slow timming I really enjoy my games and I have time to evolve my list.
    Why dont you tell the truth? We make jokes withe reforged...and almost in all videos we say we are the first that loved previous background and actual... I probably love background more than many than are criticizing our compettiveness around here...

What a way of distort the truth...

What do you think we have a 9th age channel? To make people dont want to play this game??? I actually do more work for this game than many of you...
    So please stop distorting the reality and stop lies and accusations of us not working for the game while others do it for free from the staff... Im tired of some BS

Guardianes del Sur
  • Zamo wrote:

Manxol wrote:

The tittle should be "Spanish competitive comunity thoughts". I'm part of the spanish comunity, bus since I don't go to etc-like tournaments, my opinion has no iterest for you (and it even looks like you are pushing me out of comunity as a whole).

Why dont you tell the truth? We make jokes withe reforged...and almost in all videos we say we are the first that loved previous background and actual... I probably love background more than many than are criticizing our compettiveness around here...
    What a way of distort the truth...

What do you think we have a 9th age channel? To make people dont want to play this game??? I actually do more work for this game than many of you...
    So please stop distorting the reality and stop lies and accusations of us not working for the game while others do it for free from the staff... Im tired of some BS
    I'm pretty sure you do that with the intention you say. I feel like you accomplish the contrary. Subjective, sure, but it is what I feel every time you say something about that comunity.

And I enjoy watching videos, I whatch every video that comes out in spanish about t9a, yours too. And when I hear that kind of references to WHR I allways thought that they are unfurtunated.
  • But is only that, a joke. I played 8.5 and reforged before even playing 9th. And I played warhammer since 4th... I and kind of very annoyed for SA background changing now from the one we had from previous game...

A joke is a joke... And we joke due only to things that 9th age made better like ending purple suns and things like that...

Im glad you enjoy our videos. I really am. And I thank anyone wasting a sec to watch 9th age content.

But we know where we all come from...so its just jokes...

Ps: but we really defend in between those jokes that 9th is a better game without a doubt. And its true. As game is better.

Guardianes del Sur
  • Well, if it is a joke, I didn't understand like that when I heard that. Appologies for that then if it isn't the intention.

Regarding the fluff, this game comes from a time where GW demanded the autor of a book for using the name space marine in a tittle. Whereas now they are more laxate or not (and your old army is now Seraphon or something alike), the right move was to create our own background. Once LA bg is released, you can judge it. Personally I prefer our Dark Gods than Chaos Gods. Subjective again.

Personally, creators of t9a have my trust. By this dates in 2020 I might feel like you, but if they deliver what was promised it looks promising.
  • Lich King wrote:

Dude, it is you who doesn't (want to) get it.

People outside The Team are often called entitled, but it looks like you are the one who wants to be treated a certain way. Let's not downplay participation.
  • Mirdhynn wrote:

Sorry to be so direct, but this is actually not the case.I don't live in Spain but in north of France. All the game is focused on team tournamen
    - Having such answers from the team members : ETC 2019 Lists
    1st which Teammember?
    2nd The number of Single Tourneys is far higher (outside of spain and in France) than the number of team Tourneys.
  • dragonravioli wrote:

People outside The Team are often called entitled, but it looks like you are the one who wants to be treated a certain way. Let's not downplay participation.
    I would advise to not start staff VS. stafffighting.

@Stunt or @Grimbold Blackhammer might not like that.