VC Altar of Undeath

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• VC Altar of Undeath

Hello all!

Can altars of undeath use their shooting attack when they miss a charge ?
    I found nothing in the rules that would allow them to do it, but it would seem logical to me because they can shoot when they are engaged, and it would mean they shouldn't try any charges "just in case the enemy decides to flee"... Is that an oversight in the VC rules ?

And can them stand&shoot when they are charged by an enemy ? And if yes, does it still target all the enemies in range ? In that case I'm almost sure that they can't do it, but I prefer to be sure.

Thank you in advance :)
  • Crush wrote:

Can altars of undeath use their shooting attack when they miss a charge ?
    I found nothing in the rules that would allow them to do it, but it would seem logical to me because they can shoot when they are engaged, and it would mean they shouldn't try any charges "just in case the enemy decides to flee"... Is that an oversight in the VC rules ?
    Nope:
    <
    17.B Shaken
    Under certain circumstances, models may become Shaken. The most common situations are:
    • Failing a Charge (page 46 )
    A Shaken model cannot perform any of the following actions:
    • Shooting Attack
    >

Crush wrote:

And can them stand&shoot when they are charged by an enemy ? And if yes, does it still target all the enemies in range ? In that case I'm almost sure that they can't do it, but I prefer to be sure.
    They can't:

<
    21.A.a.36 Undead
    The only Charge Reaction a unit with one or more models with Undead can perform is Hold.
    >