Combined unit shooting with different weapons and allocating hits

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Combined unit shooting with different weapons and allocating hits

Hello,

I've been looking for an answer in the RuleBook but couldn't find it, so I am taking the question to here :

If a combined unit with different shooting attacks is shooting at another combined unit, in my case a unit of Dwarven skirmisher rangers with throwing weapons, joined by two characters (one with a breath attack and the other with another ranged attack) shooting at a unit with R&F models and some characters.

The DH player choose in which order he rolls the different ranged attacks.
    The DH player rolls and then remove casualties for each ranged attacks, one at a time.

Now let's say the first ranged attack, for exemple the Breath attack, remove enough models in the target unit to put it down to less than 5R&F models.
    Does the following ranged attack, for exemple throwing weapons, would be allowed to be allocated to the characters ? Or does it count as being simultaneous attacks and all must distributed onto the R&F models ?

Also, if the R&F models from the target unit had Skirmisher and Hard Target rule, in the case that one of the ranged attack completly wipes all the R&F models, do the following ranged attacks (from the same unit that wiped them) also get the Hard Target modifier when shooting onto the now lonely charachters.
    => When exactly do characters joined to a hard target unit loose the rule if the unit is wiped out (end of the phase, immediatly, end of this unit's shooting sequence?).

It's very specific but I might have this situation happenning in a future game of mine, and I would like to be sure :)
  • The entire unit shoots at the same time, with every weapon, every model part. So you need to declare any eventual breaths before rolling any to hit at all.

Then you take the total amounts of hits, and distribute them evenly, but you can choose to allocate certain attacks at one model, as long as the number of hits on each model is OK.

Say you have 6 hits with S4 ap1. And 6 hits with flaming from a breath.

The target is 1 R&F joined by 1 character with regen only.

You can distribute all 6 S4 ap1 to the R&F model, and all 6 flaming hits to the character.
    Rules Questions?

ETC 2016 - Referee
    ETC 2017 Warm-up Herford - Head Judge
    ETC 2017 Salamanca - Head Judge
    ETC 2018 - Team Sweden - Ogre Khans
    ETC 2019 - Team Sweden
  • Thanks for the answer !

The question was in the case that one of the attacks put the unit below 5R&F. Considering the unit shoots with throwing weapons from ranger, rune of Returning and breath from characters.
    So if hits are simultaneous in this case, all must be distributed onto the R&F for this particular sequence (assuming there was more than 5 R&F to start with). This could therefore deal excess wounds that would be lost ?
  • MeuhMeuh wrote:

The question was in the case that one of the attacks put the unit below 5R&F. Considering the unit shoots with throwing weapons from ranger, rune of Returning and breath from characters.
    So if hits are simultaneous in this case, all must be distributed onto the R&F for this particular sequence (assuming there was more than 5 R&F to start with). This could therefore deal excess wounds that would be lost ?
    Correct. If there are e.g. 5 R&F models and a character with the right height/type combination in the unit, even if you score say 20 hits with different shooting weapons from a single unit, you will never be able to harm the character.
  • Eisenheinrich wrote:

MeuhMeuh wrote:

Correct. If there are e.g. 5 R&F models and a character with the right height/type combination in the unit, even if you score say 20 hits with different shooting weapons from a single unit, you will never be able to harm the character.
    ARF. Here goes my plan.
    Thanks a lot for the fast answer tho !