RH Worldbuilding Supports T9A!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• RH Worldbuilding Supports T9A!

Hello 9th Agers!

I’m excited to announce my support for The 9th Age! :T9A:

RH Worldbuilding is a small fantasy art project designing STANDUP paper/cardstock wargaming miniatures in 28mm Heroic scale. Standup paper miniatures fall somewhere between traditional plastic/metal/resin models and flat paper proxies. They are an easy, economical way to supplement your traditional miniature armies, break into a new faction, or even start wargaming for the first time!

Each month I publish print-and-play PDFs of at least two T9A compatible units. These can be either full units of 5+ minis (Dwarf Warriors, Wood Elf Archers, etc.), single mini characters (Commander, Spellcaster, etc.), or war machines. Monsters and some 3D papercraft items are coming in 2020!

RH Worldbuilding Paper Miniature Features
      -2D, but they Stand up! With front and back art
      -Miniatures come in easy PDF format in 8.5x11” (US Letter)
      -Print as many as you want on ANY home inkjet or laser printer
      -28mm Heroic scale miniatures
      -Full Units (5+unique designs with champions and standard bearers)
      -Single Models: characters, war machines, (monsters coming in 2020)
      -T9A army book compatible bases
      -Scatter terrain pieces
      -full color and b&w (for most designs) options
      -easy to cut and assemble

Currently offering a variety of Paper Minis, with at least one design compatible with the following - EoS, O&G, DH, UD, SA, SE and WDG.

RH Worldbuilding Paper Miniatures are ONLY available on my PATREON. Current support tiers range from just $1-$5 a month (all less than the cost of a single traditional miniature) to get new T9A compatible miniatures every month. Higher tiers offer access to more color variations, and even a chance to vote for upcoming designs.

I plan to use this thread to:
      -Communicate with the T9A community
      -Post pictures of my current miniatures as well as new releases as they become available
      -Take design suggestions from T9A players (more on this coming soon)

While I know my Paper Minis won’t be for everyone, if even one T9A player can use them to further their enjoyment of the wargaming hobby, then I’ll be happy.

Enjoy!
      Rob
      RH Worldbuilding
      T9A COMPATIBLE PAPER MINIS - AVAILABLE ONLY ON PATREON
      2D STANDUP Paper/Cardstock 28mmH Wargaming Minis
      PRINT YOUR OWN MINIS ON ANY PRINTER
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

Currently offering Minis compatible with EoS, O&G, DH, UD, SA, SE, and WDG
      Watch for upcoming minis on INSTAGRAM
    • Minis Showcase: Goblin Warriors

5 unique Paper Miniature designs on 20x20mm cardstock bases.

These are a favorite among my current Patrons. They were a mid-month Bonus Mini released to all support tiers with only one color variation. All my other minis have extra color schemes available to higher support tiers.

Enjoy!
      Rob
      RH Worldbuilding
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• well done! i've always been a fan on non-plastic and non-metal gaming : )
      i am curious about statics and storage:

- if you look at the mini from the top, you see a square with a horizontal line in the middle, right?
      in other words, is the vertical part (the one with the drawing) parallel to the front, and running through the centre?

- how are users expected to recreate the minis? you print the pdf, cut it according to some cut line, cut a matching cardboard template, glue the paper to the cardboard and... how do you glue the vertical element to the base? or do you fold it?

i really like the finished product images, but i guess it'd also be nice for people to see how you actually "build" one.
      cheers,
      f
    • @piteglio

Your description of the minis is exactly correct. The standing part of the miniature is parallel to the front of the square base and runs through the center.

However I will definitely post some shots of the process. I’m working on a detailed “How-to-assemble” for my patreon page, I’ll post that here as well for users to see the steps.

Glue is great, double sided tape is better!
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• UD Compatible Skeleton Minis

While I’m finishing up my How-to (just uploaded some pictures for the post) I wanted to get some more pictures of my Paper Minis on here for you guys.

Undying Dynasties Compatible Skeletons :UD_bw:
      6 designs on 20x20mm bases
      Includes Champion and Standard Bearer

SAND Color Scheme

GRAY Color Scheme

Available with all my other Paper Miniatures on PATREON
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• New

-How To Assemble RH Worldbuilding Minis-

In assembling these Paper Miniatures myself, I have tried to tweak the process to focus on a few things
      -ease of cutting and construction (I’m not a surgeon or even a papercraft expert, and you shouldn’t have to be either. But this process does allow you to use an Xacto knife or other tools if you want)
      -basic materials/supplies: all should be available at any office/art/craft store
      -most importantly, quality of assembled Mini: using this process, it should be quite easy to make both front and back art line up and the miniatures stand nicely upright!

What supplies and tools you’ll need:
      -printed RH Worldbuilding Paper Miniatures PDF
      -scissors
      -cardstock/cardboard (for bases)
      -double sided tape - this is what I use, I think it’s the easiest, cleanest way to stick everything together quickly. A glue stick or basic glue will work too

NOTE: You can probably cut straighter with scissors than I can.

The Steps
      1) Using scissors, cut twice across the paper the long way, separating the page into 3 parts as shown below: Front art, Back art, and Directions.

2). Cut in between each design to separate the individual miniatures. Do this for both the front AND back art

3) Cutting as close as you can to the dotted Base Guideline, cut off the bottom edge of the Base Guideline as shown below.

4) Here is where there can be some variation between my Mini designs. Some designs, especially single minis like heroes, are wider than their bases.
      READ BEFORE CUTTING
      When cutting off each side of the Base Guideline, continue to cut up and around the WIDEST PART of the design, then CUT STRAIGHT UP TO THE TOP OF THE PAPER. Do not cut around the top (head) of the design yet! (See below)

(This is also where anyone inclined to, can use a knife instead of scissors to cut closer to the design)

5) At this point each half (front and back) of each mini should have a blank white rectangle under its feet (the BASE). Fold each of the bases as shown below. Get the fold as close to the bottom of the design as possible. Leave the base folded at a 90 degree angle to the main body of the Miniature.

6) Get your cardstock bases (simply cut 20x20mm squares, one for each miniature). put double sided tape (or glue) on one surface of the first base as shown below.

7) Pick a Mini design to assemble. Using the bottom edge of the design (where the fold is) line up the corresponding front and back art of the Mini so that the bases (folded out at 90 degrees) are flat on the bottom as shown below. Also line up the left and right edges of the body of the Mini so that the base edges are straight and make a square. (Pic 1 & 2)

8) Attach the Mini to the cardstock base, lining up the edges so there is no overlap. (Pics 3 & 4 ABOVE) (The base attached the Mini should be SLIGHTLY smaller than the piece of cardstock to make this easier)

At this point your minis should look like the following picture

9) To attach the front and rear art of the Mini together, use your double sided tape (or glue) on the back (unprinted side) of either the front or rear art as shown below

10) Press the front and rear art together so that the unprinted sides touch and stick together

11). Your Mini is now fully assembled. NOW you can cut around the top (head) of the image as shown below. I have found that leaving this step until the end minimizes and extra paper around the edges from the front and rear art not being aligned

You are done! Simply repeat the last few steps to attach your remaining Mini pieces to their bases and stick them together
      It may seem like a lot of steps for each Mini, but once you have the process down, it goes quickly.

If any of the steps above are unclear, or it seems like I skipped something, please reply.

Rob
      RH Worldbuilding
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• Sylvan Elves Compatible Paper Miniatures - Elf Archers

New

New Miniature designs up on PATREON!

:SE_bw:
      Sylvan Elf Compatible Archers (as seen in my How-to, posted above)
      5 Designs including Champion and Standard Bearer
      3 color variations: Forest, Autumn, Winter

Forest Color Scheme available at Recruit Support tier: just $1 a month, and get access to all previous Recruit Minis
      Autumn and Winter Variations available at Infantry or Officer tiers, $3 or $5 a month (Officers also vote on upcoming design ideas)

FOREST

AUTUMN

WINTER
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• New

Absolutely love this.

Great way to get people into the game/travel version/try new armies/play test lists.

Very cool!

You’re doing paper terrain too?

Head of Lectors

Advisory Board

Quick Starter Team

"...take a step back and remember that we are playing a game where we roll dice and move little people around the board."

- Grouchy Badger

• New

I have one set of simple pieces, just a couple low fences/walls at the moment. But I’m planning to expand that. I have a handful of concept sketches in the book.

What would you (or any other T9A users) like to see for paper terrain?

-Rob
      RH Worldbuilding
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• New

RHworldbuilding wrote:

I have one set of simple pieces, just a couple low fences/walls at the moment. But I’m planning to expand that. I have a handful of concept sketches in the book.

What would you (or any other T9A users) like to see for paper terrain?

hi Rob,

it'd be great if you found the time to work on some terrain as well. i'd suggest you to start by looking into the official terrain pieces - you'll get an idea both of the terrain types and of the terrain sizes used in tournaments:

cheers,
      f
    • New

This, if you can make 3D printout versions of all of these, that would be amazing.

I would totally buy a few!

Does anyone know who did the art for those?

Head of Lectors

Advisory Board

Quick Starter Team

"...take a step back and remember that we are playing a game where we roll dice and move little people around the board."

- Grouchy Badger

• New

I will certainly look into these terrain pieces as I make more moving forward. I have plans for some more 3D papercraft style terrain pieces. Water features might take some R&D to make interesting, but buildings and such should be pretty simple. Stay tuned in early 2020!

Rob
      RH Worldbuilding
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• Saurian Ancients Compatible Paper Miniatures

New

Saurian Ancients Compatible Paper Miniatures - Saurian Warriors on 25x25mm bases
      Available on Patreon
      Recruit tier($1/month): Turquoise color scheme
      Infantry tier ($3/month): 4 color schemes - Turquoise, Blue, Red, Gray

Sign up at any Membership tier and get all previous offerings at that level instantly!

:SA: :T9A:

NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• New

these look lovely!
      the 25x25 base is perfect.

if you want to go fully 9th-age-compatible you might consider adding a design for a "musician" model, just as you did for the standard bearer. it could also be absolutely minimalistic: replacing a club with a horn, or replacing a shield with a drum.

you might also be interested to know that, on top of regular warriors and standardearers and musicians, we also have champions. but for champs i'd rather not ask you for an extra design - players can flag the champion by crayonning the white paper space around the design they chose to represent the champ. this way we get customisation agency, and you have no extra work : )
    • New

There are actually designs in each unit intended to work as Champions. I haven’t labeled them thusfar, but I suppose I should, as they are usually only a little more ornate than the others. Musicians are in the works for my upcoming releases, along with making designs for the backlog units that don’t currently have one. But I’m glad I’m on the same page as you guys!

Rob
      RH Worldbuilding
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• New

And also, exactly as you say, to let players pick their own favorite as a Champ if they want to!
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• Dwarven Holds Compatible - Dwarf Warriors Paper Miniatures

New

Unit Showcase - Dwarven Holds Clan Warriors Compatible Paper Miniatures!
      :T9A: :DH:

Available on Patreon
      Recruit tier ($1/month): Blue color scheme
      Infantry tier ($3/month): Blue, Purple, Red color schemes

Sign up at any tier and instantly access all previous offerings at that level.

Miniatures come as Print-your-own PDFs, so you can make as many as you want.

NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH

• New

Miniature Showcase: Orc Chieftains on 25x25mm bases (pictured below) - Available on Patreon

Recruit Tier ($1/mo.): Black/Red color scheme (far left in picture below)
      Officer ($5/mo.) and Infantry ($3/mo.) Tiers: 4 Color schemes

Sign up at anytime, at any support tier and instantly access all previous offerings at that level.

Rob
      RH Worldbuilding
      NEW DESIGNS EACH MONTH