Spreading some love across the forums

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

Our beta phase is finally over. Download The Ninth Age: Fantasy Battles, 2nd Edition now!

• Spreading some love across the forums

Hey everybody,

I've read a lot of threads full of words of thanks to the T9A team for providing such a great game and sacrificing uncountable hours of volunteer work to get where we are now.

But what I haven't found yet was a thread full of words of thanks to you, the community. Therefore I want to dedicate this thread to the T9A community for being as awesome as you are. You guys and girls are the reason for us staff members to work our a$$es off in hope you will like whatever we're publishing next. And I'd say like 99 % of your feedback is pure balm for our souls. It's worth so much more than money, gold and such material goods. Thank you! <3

Well, there is a little less than one month until Valentine's day. So I thought it would be a good opportunity to prepare ourselves in writing some lovely lines for the people we like/love/would like to have a beer with ( obviously there is no ranking in this distinction :P ). ;) Personally I know a lot of people who really deserve to be mentioned by me here, but I guess it would be the best, when everyone chooses exactly one member of our community. Just tag him/her in this thread and tell him/her why you think he/she is a wonderful person.

@WastelandWarrior : Mate, please let me tell you, you're freakin' awesome. For me you're the most positive, kind, motivating and more than everything else modest user on these forums. Whenever I hit this little "Notifications" button at the top of the T9A forums website and see that you have liked, quoted or commented in a thread that I'm following, I know whatever I'll read there, it'll just be heart warming. Please, if you are once going to visit Germany, be assured you'll always find a room with a bed to sleep, a beer to drink and a board to play a game on it in my house.

I hope you guys and girls are going to follow my example!

All the best to you, your friends and your familys,

Tom

Full Layout Coordinator

Translation Team DE

VC Community Support

Supporter of Veil of the Ages

• Dude! I am truly humbled! Though we have never met i have a feeling we would get on well and i would enjoy that beer! If i should ever get the opportunity to make a social trip to Germany, I will certainly take you up on your kind offer.

As for my personal shoutouts, i wouldnt like to pick just one user. I would instead prefer to say how much i appreciate all the contributors to the painting leagues and other hobby blogs i follow here. You all produce some seriosly nice work and always have an encouraging word to say about the work of others. I know for a fact my hobby output would only be a fraction of what it is without you guys.

All the Avras campaign contributors and organisers also have really made me feel part of a community, that together can create a whole narrative and bond over our shared love for this hobby and embrace all of its aspects.

Here's to a great 2020 and beyond!
    Take a look at my painted army so far. Feel free to share a pic of yours!

Pics of my ever expanding warriors army

WastelandWarrior Painting League 2019

WastelandWarrior Painting League 2020
  • Neat idea @Lich King!

I can certainly echo the love expressed for @WastelandWarrior, you are doing a great job keeping everyone's spirit up around the forums :)

I'd also like to give a thanks to @Remy77077. You been doing a splendid job keeping up interest and activity in the Quickstarter rules, which I highly appreciate. I also want to thank you for your encouragement and interest in my yt channel, it really helps me keep going :)

Rules Clarification

Lord of the Hobby

Empire of Sonnstahl Blog, including links to my other blogs
    The 9th Wiki, a community wiki for the official 9th Age background
    T9A: Skirmish Campaigns
  • Mad 'At wrote:

I'd also like to give a thanks to @Remy77077. You been doing a splendid job keeping up interest and activity in the Quickstarter rules, which I highly appreciate. I also want to thank you for your encouragement and interest in my yt channel, it really helps me keep going :)

:girlblush: Well thank you! :D

I guess I'm technically 'staff' now though in some ways so I've maybe disqualified myself from this thread now? :D
    Your youtube stuff is always a nice listen whilst I'm painting! Even if it's not all relevant to my gaming right now, it's interesting to think about the possible future and things too :) As I paint a LOT these days, so I am always after more stuff to listen too.. I do wish more T9A podcasts were on youtube or podbean/stitcher etc as that's a lot easier for me when I'm painting and only have my phone near me, than web-based stuff right now at least.

I'm gonna nominate @infamousme for their awesome posts in the OnG section of the forum and especially the "workbench" area for WIP models. Very motivating and gives me ideas too! Although tbh I could have picked anyone of a fair number of people for this too. But I've had a couple of infamousme's photos open on a browser tab on my phone for a couple of months now, so that takes it! hehe :D
    My gaming website: agoners.wordpress.com | | My gaming twitter: Agoners Gaming
    Sheffield, UK | | My T9A Quickstarter Written Battle Reports Thread | | My Miniature Painting Gallery
    I currently can play for T9A: Orcs & Goblins, Empire of Sonnstahl (QS only)
  • infamousme wrote:

I'm glad I'm helping someone out. I'll get together some shots of an orc quick starter force.
    Seems like I gotta paint some goblins :D

Currently I have a broken airbrush and I've come to realize how much I depend upon it and how crippled my painting has become without it. I wont be posting much until after i pick up my new airbrush. Waiting for the new hobby lobby to open up near me and I'll be picking one up with a 40% off coupon. That should be after the 27th.
  • I can only pick one?? Aw man, but I have so much love to give...

@SmithF your constructive and informative posts are always a welcome sight for me. I feel like I learn a lot from your detailed reports and explanations, and you always take the positive view which helps to contribute to discussions about how best to play the game, rather than what needs to change.
    Probably the Least Useless Player in the World - International Herminard Poll 2018
  • Nice idea @Lich King!

The only one restriction is making it really hard for me to choose!
    But I will play the card of being a Highborn Elf and believing I am entitled to more than the rest of the obviously inferior races, and I will pick two :P

I nominate @DanT: his thoughts about the game are super interesting and a joy to read, I appreciate a lot of his work for the project and the effort he made to engage with a large part of the forum (an herculean task if there ever was one). If I had to pick one thing, is his effort to explain both strategy and tactics to beginners in a structured way. It has helped me a ton, and it's the kind of content I enjoy the most.

@Herminard: for being a friendly mad hermit who has a really nice attitude towards the game and what it should be. I truly admire his efforts to play fresh lists with his own personal style.
    'He opened the battered book. Bits of paper and string indicated his many bookmarks.
    "In fact, men, the general has this to say about ensuring against defeat when outnumbered, out–weaponed and outpositioned. It is..." he turned the page, "Don't Have a Battle."
    "Sounds like a clever man," said Jenkins.'
    Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

My humble Highborn Elves army blog:
    Elendor's HE army
  • Calisson wrote:

Havent's seen @Baranovich lately, being myself a bit absent.
    I am sure he is doing awesome as I have appreciated his posts in the past.
    Hello all!! Extraordinary thread my friends!

I cannot tell you how big of an impact the 9th Age community has had on my life over the past four years. You have all inspired me in ways I cannot adequately describe. I have painted more miniatures and built more terrain since 2016 than I did the previous thirty years of my hobbying life.

Thanks to your continuous encouragement and support I was able to get through the marathon of completely finishing my entire dwarf army, finished coincidentally in time to meet Steve (Mr. Owl) and begin an amazing gaming friendship.

It only grew from there. After each game Steve and I endeavored to write a narrative story to chronicle the battle.

Then I started up my hobby blog which connected me even more profoundly with the community. I found myself in a role of hobbyist, student, mentor, and combinations of both as I shared my hobby projects with so many amazing fellow modelers.

I feel as closely bonded with you all as strongly as I do with my own family, and I do not say that as hyperbole, I mean it with all sincerity!

As Tolkien once said, "Middle Earth never existed except some place in our hearts." So too does the 9th Age exist in our hearts.

And I am grateful to have had the opportunity to share this incredible journey with you all! :thumbup:
    There are many magic rings in the world Bilbo Baggins, and none of them should be used lightly!
  • elendor_f wrote:

@Herminard: for being a friendly mad hermit who has a really nice attitude towards the game and what it should be. I truly admire his efforts to play fresh lists with his own personal style.

Much oblige.

@Omarcomin for ... so many things.. an intellectual pipe layer. For nerd poetry. For inventing clever taxtixx like infuriative color schemes.

@PapaG because this game needs yer unicorn touch of rainbow

@Cailleach for being such an apt padawan - already bested James. Watch out world.
    Hermund Vigerust Endressòn Furu - Savage Sage of the Norse
    Faux-pro player and ETC vagabond.
    Enjoys the company of deluded nerds and women of unquestionably low morale.

Do not fall to the folly of the best laid of plans - for the mind of man is fickle in the face of the dice gods.
    Give yer high fives where yer opponents dice have been blessed, and in equal give yer handshakes when dice fall in malicious ways.
  • elendor_f wrote:

Nice idea @Lich King!

The only one restriction is making it really hard for me to choose!
    But I will play the card of being a Highborn Elf and believing I am entitled to more than the rest of the obviously inferior races, and I will pick two :P

I nominate @DanT: his thoughts about the game are super interesting and a joy to read, I appreciate a lot of his work for the project and the effort he made to engage with a large part of the forum (an herculean task if there ever was one). If I had to pick one thing, is his effort to explain both strategy and tactics to beginners in a structured way. It has helped me a ton, and it's the kind of content I enjoy the most.

Very kind :D

I am going to cop out and not mention any individual:
    I want to thank every non-staff member of the community who helped all the list data entry a few months ago. Great job! :)
    This sort of community effort gives t9a powers that no company has.
    I urge you all to help out whenever tasks like this are active on the public boards.
    List repository and links HERE
    Basic beginners tactics HERE
    Empire of Dannstahl HERE