Pinned Typos and errata in Background - REPORT HERE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• Typos and errata in Background - REPORT HERE

1. This is the official thread for reporting any mistakes and erratas you might come across while reading the background stories.
    When reporting a typo, be very clear, indicating the name of the book title of the section, and additionally any other useful information. This could be the paragraph number, a keyword to be searched or an image.

The main post will be updated every time there is a new typo reported, as well as corrected. I start the list with:
    • Legendary armybook for Daemon Legions:
      1. Section Blazing Glories, dates on subtitles:
        • Tandemtar 11th.
        • Ullor 6th.
        • Ullor 10th.
        • Ullor 25th.
      2. Section [lexicon]Succubi[/lexicon], 2nd paragraph:
        • I had risked the soul of an entire city to for the sake of a few trifling favours.
    • Legendary armybook for Warrior of the [lexicon]Dark Gods[/lexicon]:
      1. Section Exalted Herald, subsection "The timeless titans", 3rd paragraph of director Bao:
        • At the start, we think thought the Wasteland was some- what larger.

• Legendary rulebook (outdated):
      1. Page #3, references:
        • Images for each of the armies in pages 140-147 are referenced displaced 2 pages (142-149 instead).
        • One of the pictures in the world hymn is attributed to @B.R.U.T.A.L. All the other pictures of the hymn have no references at all. I don't think any of those are from BRUTAL.
        • Picture in page 149 is not referenced.
        • Recommended to check those references again for all pictures.
    • Circling the Abyss:
      1. Page #4, 5th paragraph:
        • Starts opening quotation marks but they are never closed
    • Website lore for Higborn Elves:
      1. The Nobility of the Highborn, 3rd paragraph, you find this redundancy:
        • Now I must contest that title is not without contest.

Mentioning @Lich King, @kisanis.

Let´s keep the thread clean and use it for its purpose only.

Goblin Lunatic

Translation - ES

The post was edited 15 times, last by Arturiki: Update status - 2020-06-24 ().

• Several art references in the rulebook are wrong. I think they should all be reviewed, but I at least found this errors:

- Images for each of the armies in pages 140-147 are referenced displaced 2 pages (142-149 instead)
    - One of the pictures in the world hymn is attributed to @B.R.U.T.A.L. All the other pictures of the hymn have no references at all. I don't think any of those are from BRUTAL though.
    - Picture in page 149 is not referenced.

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

Marathon Finisher :D

Follow me on IG: @fordyewemust
    I accept painting commissions. If you want me paint something for you, just PM!
    Seriously, a blog? In this century? For Dice We Must
  • Casas wrote:

Several art references in the rulebook are wrong. I think they should all be reviewed, but I at least found this errors:

- Images for each of the armies in pages 140-147 are referenced displaced 2 pages (142-149 instead)
    - One of the pictures in the world hymn is attributed to @B.R.U.T.A.L. All the other pictures of the hymn have no references at all. I don't think any of those are from BRUTAL though.
    Are you referring to the outdated legendary rulebook? I saw pictures for all factions but I don't find any reference (not on that page nor 2 pages later).

Edit: Updated.

Goblin Lunatic

Translation - ES

The post was edited 1 time, last by Arturiki ().

• Casas wrote:

Several art references in the rulebook are wrong. I think they should all be reviewed, but I at least found this errors:

To add more:
    - Picture in page 149 is not referenced and it is from Krys Rackham
    - Picture in page 127 is assigned to Krys Rackham and signed by Thomas Karlsson
    - Mikhail Shubin has assigned the pictures between pages 132-136. Instead, it should be the World Hymn between pages 128 and 132

And I could go on, I think about 20% at least of references are wrong

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

Marathon Finisher :D

Follow me on IG: @fordyewemust
    I accept painting commissions. If you want me paint something for you, just PM!
    Seriously, a blog? In this century? For Dice We Must
  • @kisanis for FRB art references

Slim Layout Coordinator

Translation Coordinator

Translation-Team FR

I ♥ LaTeX

Local Moderator (French)

LaTeX... You fear to go into those complex interactions between packages. The dwarves coded too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of TeX-dum... shadow and flame.
  • Mentioning @Lich King, @kisanis and feel free to tag anybody necessary. I quote my previous post:

Arturiki wrote:

Legendary armybook for Warrior of the Dark Gods:
    Section Exalted Herald, subsection "The timeless titans", 3rd paragraph of director Bao:
    At the start, we think thought the Wasteland was some- what larger.
    And adding one from the website, from the orc lore. If you click the quote link, it should bring you to the specific text (just in case, piece #12):

History of Orcs and Goblins (#12) wrote:

Orcs and Goblins

Orcs, on the other hand, should never be trusted, and make deals with Goblins at your peril. These green-skinned maniacs live to fight. Even their resting state is a small squabble. Orcs resolve every dispute with fists or blades, and if Goblins are less interested in a fair fight, they are truly resourceful in matters of murder. As varied as they are obscene, they blight civilisation everywhere.

It is said that in the mists of time, before even the Golden Age, the scattered tribes were united under one great leader. Perhaps it was they who brought down the Saurians, though no record remains. Most disparage this tale, and I doubt even the Greenhides themselves know of its truth. Still, it is a cautionary tale. A strong warlord can command a force of thousands; a truly great one could drown the world under a green tide. Dwelling on such a thought makes one shudder.
    This is the whole extract. And it starts with "on the other hand". Where is the "one" hand? I am missing the counterpart, seems strange. Is this alright? I'll delete this post if none of the quotes are errata. Just let me know.

Goblin Lunatic

Translation - ES

• New

Not really a doubt, but in the Elf lore in the website you can find this extremely redundant sentence.

The Nobility of the Highborn wrote:

Now I must contest that title is not without contest.
    10 words and 2 of them are the same one. You might want to find a synonym.

Mentioning @Lich King, @kisanis and feel free to tag anybody necessary.

Goblin Lunatic

Translation - ES