Grumbling on new ID book

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• CaptainChaos wrote:

i'm exaggerating
    Yes, you are.

CaptainChaos wrote:

being overpowered is obviously a problem, but it's still in beta, there is no release date yet for the gold edition.
    They were working on this book for 2 years. During this time no one said "guys i think that is bad idea, its to strong" or maybe someone said but it was only "bad joke" for management. This book is broken imho and it will take a lot of time to fix it

CapitanChaos wrote:

Another time, unkillable gyrocopters with this absurdly powerful bombing destroyed my ranks.
  • mrwyrwiflak wrote:

They were working on this book for 2 years. During this time no one said "guys i think that is bad idea, its to strong" or maybe someone said but it was only "bad joke" for management.
    I am just here to say that is a lie. We had multiple people working on helping to balance it, most of which played in tournaments very reguarly.

Lord of the Hobby

The Great Horde of Chaos <-My hobby blog Tyranno's Ride into the Steppes <-My Makhar hobby/army-list blog
  • Sorry but i feel like playing in tournaments very reguarly, wont help develop a good balanced book, especially when books are made by non competitive players( correct me if im wrong here ,and u had realy good players~~ top25% of said tournaments in your LAB team)

CaptainChaos wrote:

(...)Another time, unkillable gyrocopters with this absurdly powerful bombing destroyed my ranks.(...)
  • Tyranno wrote:

mrwyrwiflak wrote:

They were working on this book for 2 years. During this time no one said "guys i think that is bad idea, its to strong" or maybe someone said but it was only "bad joke" for management.
    I am just here to say that is a lie. We had multiple people working on helping to balance it, most of which played in tournaments very reguarly.
    One of them had problems in creating legal rosters. You had multiple people but I think not enough. This is community project and maybe there is time to change beta stage for more open option for us, players.
  • Pellegrim wrote:

All that happened was that 9th Age discovered that powercreep works. It works in the sense that is hypes a book. After that they town it down again (GW never did!). It's a perfect legit strategy. And downright dirty effective.
    uhhh ohh i was about to paint my dwarfs red and call them ID ,but totally forgot about that part.

CaptainChaos wrote:

(...)Another time, unkillable gyrocopters with this absurdly powerful bombing destroyed my ranks.(...)
  • Hubcik wrote:

Pellegrim wrote:

All that happened was that 9th Age discovered that powercreep works. It works in the sense that is hypes a book. After that they town it down again (GW never did!). It's a perfect legit strategy. And downright dirty effective.
    uhhh ohh i was about to paint my dwarfs red and call them ID ,but totally forgot about that part.
    Lol . Seems somebody owes somebody some red paint. And a full dwarven army.
    Booooooaaaaaarsssss .... Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge !!!
  • Some of us want to play a game set in a fantasy world, not mash excel sheets together for our entertainment.
    I have whirl’d with the earth at the dawningWhen the sky was a vaporous flameI have seen the dark universe yawning,
    Where the black planets roll without aim;
    Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name.
  • Hello people!

Please, try to keep the discussion in a civilized and adequate manner. Posts have already been reported, actions had needed to be taken. Next time we will start assigning points.

If someone cannot post in a way that is not offensive or constructive, please, just restrain from posting!

If you feel the comment of someone else is inappropriate or offensive, report it and restrain from answering!

I know we all can give an opinion of a book we havent even tried just by checking the point costs, and that T9A is evil and they hate every other army but ID, unless you play ID. It is always the same with every release, and that is why we have the most umbalanced game in the market. So there is no need for you to get banned for something everyone else knows.

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

Marathon Finisher :D

Follow me on IG: @fordyewemust
    I accept painting commissions. If you want me paint something for you, just PM!
    Seriously, a blog? In this century? For Dice We Must
  • @Hubcik @CaptainChaos Guys take it down a notch. If you two want to squabble take it to PM so I don’t have to read it ;)

@CaptainChaos, I don’t know what’s acceptable on the ID forum but coming in here and trolling looking for a reaction isn’t going to get you taken seriously. If you have points to make about the ID book feel free to do so but don’t do it while making wild assertions or no one will take you seriously.

For example claiming cannons are rubbish when defending the mask on the bull on the ID thread and complaining about cannons on the DH don’t really help your case....
  • Hubcik wrote:

Im the only one here that thinks that fluff/artwork should never delay book or affect book and its development at all?

Yes no?

Bescause i start to think T9a is turning into 2nd Gw, while it cant provide unfinished product.
    Since the development of the book is based on the fluff, I dont know if you are the only, but I can say you could be wrong.

The fact units are as they are, have the stats and the rules they have is based on fluff. Or at least that is how it works for T9A. If you dont like or care about the fluff it is your thing. But there is a great bunch of people that enjoy it.

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

Marathon Finisher :D

Follow me on IG: @fordyewemust
    I accept painting commissions. If you want me paint something for you, just PM!
    Seriously, a blog? In this century? For Dice We Must
  • mrwyrwiflak wrote:

Why they are doing this ? Just to gain praise from community? If so im not private psychiatric clinic to boost someone ego for something i dont care. If for someone fluff is more important in competitive game than balance and clarity that just absurd for me.
    Why? Because I found your attitude towards people providing free content pretty repulsive.

And I am not sure why you think having balance and background are separate, you can have both.

But if you want a game devoid of background that is perfectly balanced and competitive, may I suggest chess?

Lord of the Hobby

The Great Horde of Chaos <-My hobby blog Tyranno's Ride into the Steppes <-My Makhar hobby/army-list blog

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tyranno ().

• Tyranno wrote:

mrwyrwiflak wrote:

Then most of those people didn't realiase or thought they were part of a power creep and bloating. :) This is the same process all games get after some time. Regardless of intentions. Unless there are some very hard restrictions on what is what. Like for example "No infantry should have more than 1 attack and 1 special rule". "All armies should have access to heavy cavalry" or stuff like that.

Hubcik wrote:

Im the only one here that thinks that fluff/artwork should never delay book or affect book and its development at all?

Yes no?

Bescause i start to think T9a is turning into 2nd Gw, while it cant provide unfinished product.

T9A is based on fluff. Units are invented because there are models and fluff for it. Not the other way around. Also, T9A has delivered many products over the years.

mrwyrwiflak wrote:

Tyranno wrote:

mrwyrwiflak wrote:

I thought we were better than that.You know what also hypes book ? When it is relaesed faster, without waiting for super epic "artwork" and fluff which is intresting for Tyranno and 2 of his friends.
    Artists creating free content for a game, do you?A: Thank then.

B: Give them enough time to complete it.

C: Insult them.
    Why they are doing this ? Just to gain praise from community? If so im not private psychiatric clinic to boost someone ego for something i dont care. If for someone fluff is more important in competitive game than balance and clarity that just absurd for me.
    They are doing it because they want to create an enjoyable game for people. And some might do it because it is fun to work with design, arts etc.

If you don't like the process of how T9A is designed, which they have been very clear on how it works for the last...4 years, then you should re-evaluate either your engagment in the game or what perspective you should have. T9A is not chess. It is not a game for competition. It is not a game for balance. It is a fantasy wargame with art and fluff and hobby features. It is not meant to be primarily a game only.
  • Hubcik wrote:

Yes no?

Well they have released the book without artwork?

Personally I’d rather it came with fluff and artwork, until a point. ID had probably past that point sadly.