The Corner Master

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• The Corner Master

Recently joined the 3D printer fad and printed an idea I have had for a long time.

Are you in the front, or in the flank? This question oddly comes up too much. Movement phases take eons as you try to find just the right angle to keep all charges to the front. Every budge requires you to re-guesstimate angles, eating up valuable play time.

But now there is a tool to rid yourselves of this! The Corner Master

I think next print I might adjust the angle from to be a bit more towards the horizontal (to have the laser show further). It's a compromise between laser pointing out towards the unit, and pointing back towards the corner-master to ensure you are properly centered. The fit is really snug, so it does not wiggle around.

Seems like the design could go for a new method of connecting resin pieces. Build plate for my printer is so small I had to make it 3 pieces. I made the dovetail joints but did not account for the extra expansion of the plastic during the printing process. This required me to do some sanding. Not sure if this expansion rate is pretty similar across different resins, or if it is very resin specific.
    • Made one of these glorious tools. I am using an Army Painter laser and it falls right through. You had mentioned a tight fit, so I am curious what laxer are you using?

Also, I would agree that the laser needs to point further. I measured about 10” just holding it in place. So I like your thought of going more horizontal. Maybe a tad higher on the tower would work also. I lay my laser on the top and it gets out to 20”

Love the idea
      thanks
      I have many Armies and play none well, BUT I do enjoy the challenge

The post was edited 1 time, last by ExecutionerofNabh ().

• ExecutionerofNabh wrote:

Made one of these glorious tools. I am using an Army Painter laser and it falls right through. You had mentioned a tight fit, so I am curious what laxer are you using?

Also, I would agree that the laser needs to point further. I measured about 10” just holding it in place. So I like your thought of going more horizontal. Maybe a tad higher on the tower would work also. I lay my laser on the top and it gets out to 20”

Love the idea
      thanks
      So I guess it had not occurred to me that most folks are using AP pointers. The ones I am using are here:

Laser Pointer Link

Not sure if Harbor Freight is a thing outside of the US. I like these pointers because they feature button switch which stays on/off when you press it (like a pen). It also has a little protrusion which attaches to a skill saw (see the picture in the product link). That protrusion is what keeps the laser pointer from just slipping all the way through.

Glad you like the idea, design certainly needs more work IMO. Making an AP compatible one would be a worthy cause if you feel so inspired :D.