Undying dynasties and living servants

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• Undying dynasties and living servants

Napteshi is no longer, but the nomads who served them long ago have managed to survive and prospered in this harsh land.
      When the Kings of old call their servants into service, these men are ready to fulfill oaths made centuries ago.

I find that one of the most intriguing aspects of UD is the fact that it is a "living" faction of undying persons.
      How the curse of undeath could affect such a nation is really unique and interesting to explore.
      What motivates them, how they perceive the passage of time, what they think about a world that keeps going forward.

After 6000 years, Egypt still exist.
      I am curious if any of the Undying Dynasties have kept relationships with their living servants.
      Do the living descentants of the old emperors of the eastern empire of Tsuandan go to honour their ancestors?
      Do the Nomads of the desert pay tribute to the Ancient Pharaohs of the Pyramid Host?
      Are the Northern tribes in contact with their ascendants? Do they have unsteady alliances with other cursed clans?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Folomo ().

• Folomo wrote:

Napteshi is no longer, but the nomads who served them long ago have managed to survive and prospered in this harsh land.
      When the Kings of old call their servants into service, these men are ready to fulfill oaths made centuries ago.

I find that one of the most intriguing aspects of UD is the fact that it is a "living" faction of undying persons.
      How the curse of undeath could affect such a nation is really unique and interesting to explore.
      What motivates them, how they perceive the passage of time, what they think about a world that keeps going forward.

After 6000 years, Egypt still exist.
      I am curious if any of the Undying Dynasties have kept relationships with their living servants.
      Do the living emperors of the eastern empire of Tsuandan go to honour their ancestors?
      Do the Nomads of the desert pay tribute to the Ancient Pharaohs of the Pyramid Host?
      Are the Northern tribes in contact with their ascendants? Do they have unsteady alliances with other cursed clans?

Traders who brave the eastern roads or southern seas may reach the limits of the known
      world - and the mythic empire of Tsuandan. A land of spectacular vistas, they say, with
      mountains, jungles, rivers and great soaring plains all under the thumb of the Dragon
      Emperor in Longjing.
      The most ancient records indicate that Tsuandan is as old as Naptesh, but most
      scholars place the coming of the current Emperor Gonglu no more than a century
      hence. Some reports, and the nation's official policy, suggest that the Emperor is a
      literal dragon; most are more skeptical. Since the Zhong have long held that they
      are descended from a “chosen” people who lived side by side with saurians
      in the mists of time, a reptilian overlord may perhaps be a natural fit.
      To most Vetians who travel to this eastern realm, these legends are of
      little concern compared to the nation’s spectacular wealth.

I'd say it seems unlikely that Dragon Emperor Gonglu honours the Napteshi as being his ancestors.

Please, continue. :)

Background Team