CR9X - The 10th Crippling Rides 9 UB Tournament

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

The brand new army book for Infernal Dwarves is finally available, along with a small surprise! Remember that it is a beta version, and provide us your feedback!

• CR9X - The 10th Crippling Rides 9 UB Tournament

Well, sadly my flights got cancelled, what means that I will have to spend what is left of my holidays at home. Therefore, no reason to delay this longer, isn't it? Who did say sadly?

And there we go again with a wall of text!

CR9X (or the 10th Crippling Rides 9 UB Tournament)

Overview:

This tournament will be comprised of 3 games, with 2 weeks in between to play each round. All games will be played using 2.0 and 2020 (take last version at the list submition deadline!). Armies will have a point size of 4500 pts.

Joining the Tournament:

To join the tournament, just submit your list to the following link:
      List submision in here!

Best format to upload the list is .txt. If you for some reason dont like txt, you can use any other as long as anyone else can open it, but believe me, .txt.

As a personal recommendation, I would suggest to use NEW RECRUIT (yes, that was a link) when creating the list. I've just discovered the thing, and it is really practical, easy, and the fact that it is specifically designed for T9A makes it way more straight forward than any other list creation programs I've used before. On top of that, one can simply export the list with a .txt format, which is perfect for this tournament.

In case you want to change your list once submitted for any reason, upload a new one, and notify me, so I can get rid of the previous one. Players are allowed to update the lists as many times as needed, until the list submitting deadline. After the deadline, lists will only be changed when and if I say so (most likely due to list correction). Still, please, try to get your list right and upload it only once, so I dont go nuts with this.

Remember to include your forum name in the name of the lists, or your oponents wont be able to find you.
      Note: Posting in this thread is not enough to be enlisted in the tournament. If your list is up, you are in, if not, no.

List can be done from any of the 16 official 2020 armies (last version on 9th September), or the Asklanders, Cultists and Makhar auxiliary armies.

You have until the Wednesday the 9th September 2020 at 22:00 (Central Europe time: Amsterdam, Madrid, Berlin, etc, etc) to submit your list (GMT+2). Any later than that and you will not be in the tournament.

Pairings:

Pairings will be done following the swiss pairing method. This means that players that are doing better in the tournament will be paired with players in similar situation in viceversa. Pairings for the first round are randomized (via excel random number generator). In the same way, deployment type, objective and map are randomized and fixed for each round (using google roll dice functionality). Grudge Matches for the first round are allowed. If you want to get your revenge with someone, just tell me, and I will pair you both for the first round. If you would like to avoid someone for the first round and have a reasonable justification (e.g. we are friends and play often), it can also be taken in account and prevented.

Pairings are not absolutely fix. This is not an ultra competitive tournament, we do it more for the fun, and to have the chance to play matches with people from other metas or zones. Therefore, if for some reason you cannot play with a player, or anything happens, pairings can be modified by the players, as long as I am notified properly!

Organizing your game:

Each round pairings will be posted in the appropriate post below. You will have 2 weeks to play your game. I recomend that you organize the games via private conversation in the T9A forum, so in case there are issues, you can add me to the conversation

In general, you should only contact me if:
      • Your opponent doesn't respond for more than 3 days while trying to schedule a match.
      • Your opponent states he/she can't play at all/is dropping out of the tournament
      • If neither of you can find a time that works for both of you to play your match.
      In case you see that you won't be able to find a time for a match that fits you and your opponent, I recomend you to post it here in this thread, asking for other players in the same situation. In case anyone else has problems, and switching opponents is an option, please, do so. If no one is up to switch opponents, and still you cannot play your game, you can play against someone who has already played this round and submitted her/his results to me. Please, notify me (via this thread, for example) if this is the case. The result of this game will serve as round result for you.

Playing your game:

All games will be played using v2020 ruleset on Universal battle (1 or 2, doesnt matter)

Maps will be taken from the v4. EN3 map pack, an announced along with the pairings, the deployment type and the scenario to play. This will be the map, deployment type and scenario you will have to play. Unlike the oponent, this cannot be switched.

You must take a picture durign the game (preferably after deployment) to prove that you played the right map, and scenario conditions

Tournament points and stuff

In order to determine the result of the game, use the battle points table of the rulebook (aka the 20 point system). Remember that the table ranges between 3 and 17 points, and the scenario will provide a +/-3 point swing

The number of battle points obtained in each of the rounds will be added up in order to give your final tournament score. Pairings will be done using the swiss method based on this score. At the end of the tournament, each player can obtain additional points depending on the outcome of the list correction.

Submitting your results

In order to submit the results of your games, do as follows:

Create a new conversation including me, your opponent and you. The conversation must have the title '10CR9_R_(insert round number here)_(opponent 1)_vs_(opponent 2)'. There should be only two posts in the conversation. The first one should be the following table completely filled up

Player 1Player 2
      ArmyArmy
      Victory PointsVictory Points
      Scored the secondary objective? (Y/N)Scored the secondary objective? (Y/N)
      Battle Poitns after secondary objectiveBattle Poitns after secondary objective

The second message should be an answer from your opponent confirming the results. Please, dont send both the results, it is enough if only one of you two sends it and the other confirms. :D

Victory Points are used in case there are ties in battle points, so I recommend you to include them in the table.

In addition you should add a picture of the game after deployment. If the conversation does not include this picture, each player will get -3 battle points.

Please, even if you don't play your game, notify me. As soon as you know you wont be able to play, ping me somehow so I'm aware of this. There is no penalty for not playing games as long as I am properly notified. There is a blacklist of players who don't send any results or notification of a round. Those players will be suggested not to take part in next tournament editions. :write:

My opponent can't/won't play

If for some reason you are not able to schedulle a game at all, I suggest you to post it in this thread, and try to get a game with someone who may be in your same situation. In case no game is played in the end, these three things can happen:
      • If I received no notifications at all, both players will receive 0 battle points and be added to my blacklist.
      • If you notify me that you cannot play due to reasons concerning both players, and you are not able to get a second opponent, each of you (or the player who doesn't find a second opponent) will get 3 battle points.
      • If you notify that you cannot play due to reasons concerning to only one of the players (e.g. one player has plenty of time to play and the other simply never can, or a date was set and one player didnt show up) the player causing this will receive 0 points, and the other 6. You will need to prove this in order to get the points.
      So as you can see, if you dont play the games, you will get fairly low battle points. Thats why I encourage you guys to search for games to substitute the ones you couldnt play.

If anyone doesnt play a round, he/she should expect to be inquired by my for the next rounds and/or tournaments.

List correction

As in last tournaments, there will be a phase of list corrections. This way we can mostly ensure that lists are well done, and there wont be misunderstandings during the games.

Organization for the list correction will be as follows: each player will be assigned two lists to correct. Once corrected, you should notify me (via PM or directly posting in this thread) if the lists are correct, or in case they are not, the errors found in them. By doing this you will get 4 battle points, which will be added to your score at the end of the tournament. If you don't notify my of this, no battle points for you.

Once the lists are corrected three things can happen:
      • Your list was correct: You are ready to go.
      • Your list had minor errors (e.g. units where the number of miniatures is not stated, equipment added to the points but not noted down, wrong names put for special items, etc): you will receive a penalty of -2 Battle Points. I will personaly correct this errors in the lists folder
      • Your list is ilegal (e.g. you exceded some point limit somewhere, you didnt include all the needed core, etc): you will receive -4 Battle Points. You will have 2 days from the end of list correction to tell me how to ammend the errors. In case you dont tell me, you will be out of the tournament.
      If errors in the lists are found after the pairings for the first rounds are given, you should tell me and the player whose list is wrong. The owner of the list and the payers in charge to correct it will get a -2 Battle Point penalization.

It is useful if you comment the list correction results in this thread, so list can be corrected by the players on the go, and we can start the tournament earlier :P ;)

Summary

Link to submit lists: lists here!

Lists for the tournament
      Compiled lists file

09/09/2020 Lists are due to compete in the tournament
      12/09/2020* End of list correction and list of errors given
      13/09/2020 First round pairings
      27/09/2020 Results from first round due
      11/10/2020 Results from second round due
      25/10/2020 Results from third round due
      All deadlines are at 22:00 European Central Time (GMT+2)
      *This deadline is somewhen around 12:00 to help American and Asian players have time enough to review
      **For American players, please, note dates are given as DD/MM/YYYY :D

Good luck and have fun!

The Hall of Famed Cripples

A compilation of renowned cripples of our time

Crippling Rides 9 (working title) -> @Randomus
      2nd Crippling Rides 9 -> @helldragon
      The Crippling Rides 9 tournament Volume 3 -> @Allor
      The Crippling Rides 9 tournament level 4 -> @YungPabby
      Crippling Rides 9 UB Tournament Chapter 5 -> @Allor
      The 6th Crippling Rides 9 UB Tournament -> @BlackLancer
      The Crippling Rides 9 UB Tournament comes back for a 7th time -> @Martins9thAge
      Crippling Rides 9 Quarantine Edition (aka the 8th) -> @Martins9thAge
      The 9th Crippling Rides 9 T9A UB Tournament...9! -> @LastKnight
      CR9X -> @Orion

All hail the throne of Cripples!
      :homeage:

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

Marathon Finisher :D

Follow me on IG: @fordyewemust
      I accept painting commissions. If you want me paint something for you, just PM!
      Seriously, a blog? In this century? For Dice We Must
    • Participants list and review:

1. @subspace has to review cocofreeze and nighti
      2. @matrim has to review raughri and firthunands91
      3. @Ursa06 has to review artur and raughri
      4. @LeVil1 has to review hypnotic and casas
      5. @LastKnight has to review macicior and romanragnorak
      6. @Reinhardt has to review wesser and levil1
      7. @Thurvack has to review kyrys and razon
      8. @tuba hero has to review helldragon and agrem
      9. @J Pablo Garcia V has to review subspace and dromica
      10. @Orion has to review martins9thage and panterq
      11. @invellocet has to review reinhardt and gabbagandalf
      12. @deejwii has to review marcema and reinhardt
      13. @Macicior has to review deejwii and ursa06
      14. @The Rasmus has to review thurvack and macicior
      15. @helldragon has to review 20phoenix and thurvack
      16. @Jomppexx has to review agrem and martins9thage
      17. @skrak has to review ursa06 and helldragon
      18. @Dromica has to review gabbagandalf and tuba hero
      19. @nighti has to review invellocet and wesser
      20. @Math-CD has to review matrim and hejkakeja
      21. @Raughri has to review romanragnorak and subspace
      22. @Artur has to review nighty and math-CD
      23. @Agrem has to review lastknight and invellocet
      24. @Wesser has to review orion and j pablo garcia v
      25. @GabbaGandalf has to review casas and artur
      26. @20phoenix has to review allor and the rasmus
      27. @Mr.Sueko has to review razon and kyrys
      28. @Martins9thAge has to review tuba hero and allor
      29. @Firthunands91 has to review levil1 and deejwii
      30. @cocofreeze has to review the rasmus and marcema
      31. @Allor has to review hejkakeja and matrim
      32. @Cicciuz has to review dromica and hypnotic
      33. @hypnotic has to review skrak and mr.sueko
      34. @RomanRagnorak has to review firthunands91 and skrak
      35. @marcema has to review panterq and orion
      36. @Razon has to review j pablo garcia v and cicciuz
      37. @Kyrys has to review jomppexx and 20phoenix
      38. @hejkakejka has to review mr.sueko and lastknight
      39. @panterq has to review cicciuz and cocofreeze

Tiebreaker. @Casas has to review math-CD and jomppexx

Latecomers :P :
      40. @Just_Flo has to review danrakh
      41. @Danrakh has to review just_flo

Lists can be found here

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

• Round 1:

Pairings can be found in here

Deployment - 6: Marching Columns
      Secondary Objective - 3: Spoils of War
      Map - 5: Marching Columns*

You have until the 27th of september to send me your results!**

* Map can be found in UB as "Cinco 5: Marching Columns"
      ** By now results have still to be sent to me via PM, as specified in the tournament rules. And include a screenshot!

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

• Round 2:

Deployment - 3: Counterthrust
      Secondary Objective - 4: King of the Hill
      Map - 12: Counterthrust

You have until the 11th of October to send the results!**

* Map can be found in UB as "USA ETC Map 12: Counterthrust"

** Results have still to be sent to me via PM, as specified in the tournament rules. And include a screenshot

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

• Round 3:

Deployment - 5: Refused Flank
      Secondary Objective - 5: Capture the Flags
      Map - 14: Refused Flank*

You have until the 25th of October to send the results!**

* Map can be found in UB as "USA ETC Map 14: Refused Flank" -> use the one with NO WALLS :D

** Results have still to be sent to me via PM, as specified in the tournament rules. And include a screenshot

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

• And with this post, the tournament is over!!

Congratulations to our new Crippling Rides winner:

@Orion

:party: :party: :party:

I will start the conversations to get him his new shinny little badge!

And of course, congratulations to all the participants! I hope you all enjoyed your games and got the chance to play against some other nice gamers. In my case, I did!

Here the complete table of results:

And here with all soft scores, intermediate scores, data and all that

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

• Reserve a spot for me please :)
      Once a Daemon player - always a Daemon player!

"You can't outthink someone who doesn't think."

Ursa's Legions of Infinity

Background-driven game - Campaign with a global map

youngseward wrote:

My theory is if the game is truly balanced, everyone will be unhappy. Everyone thinks they should win 60% of their games.
    • 20phoenix wrote:

I assume the standard pooh poohing of the Giant supplement is continuing?
      How balanced are the new giants?

If it were for me, I would just let them in, but last time I asked, people said that they are not adequate for serious playing.

I haven't played with any of them though, so I cannot really evaluate X/ . What do you people think?

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

• Casas wrote:

20phoenix wrote:

If it were for me, I would just let them in, but last time I asked, people said that they are not adequate for serious playing.

I haven't played with any of them though, so I cannot really evaluate X/ . What do you people think?
      Overall, I'd say they are a bit underpowered (just as well really), and are always from restricted categories. You could always just make 0-1 restriction on Giants from the supplement to stay safe though

Also... you can switch lists? Including armies? I wish to join, but don't know what I wanna play yet, so thought to just post whatever list I have lying around and figure out, which army I wanna play later
    • Wesser wrote:

Also... you can switch lists? Including armies? I wish to join, but don't know what I wanna play yet, so thought to just post whatever list I have lying around and figure out, which army I wanna play later
      You can switch lists during the inscription period, but after the 9th September lists are fixed until the end of the tournament. Also, I would prefer if people would just send one list once and done :D. So for me it is better if you just post your final list when you have it

If we allow giants, it would be free allowance, as ruled by the book. No additional comps or restrictions, don't want to get into that ruling

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter

• Casas wrote:

Wesser wrote:

You can switch lists during the inscription period, but after the 9th September lists are fixed until the end of the tournament. Also, I would prefer if people would just send one list once and done :D. So for me it is better if you just post your final list when you have it

If we allow giants, it would be free allowance, as ruled by the book. No additional comps or restrictions, don't want to get into that ruling
      It was just to reserve a spot :)
    • Casas wrote:

20phoenix wrote:

My impression of V2 is definitely that they toned down some of the questionable options that might have been OP. In a vacuum they seem to tend underpowered.

So the only concern would be in a whole army do they, despite their modest power level, cause any issues. Like does a march 15 single model with decent damage output push some dwarf lists to unreasonable? Thats harder to evaluate without playing them I suspect...
    • Wesser wrote:

It was just to reserve a spot :)
      Since available spaces are infinite, and there is no bonification from uploading the list earlier, no need to reserve or anything :D

The only use I would see is if you were worried of missing the deadline, but i insist, I would prefer if people is not changing the lists all the time, it does get confusing for me

And regarding the giants issue, the arguments up to now seem convincing to me. So unless people comes with a justification why not to use them, I don't see why not

Translation-Team ES

Comission Painter