Balance Patch 2021 gold release notes WDG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bash wrote:

Which point in this Patch erases your wrath that much? Do you think WotdG are a bad army because you can only field 5 Chosen Knights per unit?
    It wasnt that. I was almost convinced we werent gonna be gifted with the 6th CK. But instead, a price decrease of the unit was fairly nedeed (I think it was voted among the top options to fix too).

Bash wrote:

f the other points aren't issuing your playstyle you could just say "ok, it is what it is" but perhaps other people want to play a few Karkadan-Chars? You don't think the Warriorbuff wasn't needed, but other people voted a lot for that.
    I want to play KarkaLords hahaha. Its funny you tell me about thinking of people when im exactly one of those people wanting to play karkalords. But the fact is that it isnt worth it even playing one... data didnt even show that people was playing even 1... and a patch slot was wasted on making karkas 0-4 haha... I cant even full equip the 4 of them as they are 600pts or more each hahaha and I only have 2025pts for characters.
    I tried time ago to play 3 lust of these guys... I tried playing different combinations... and guess the conclusions: they arent worth their price.
    Same for the skywheels.

Bash wrote:

Please consider in your critics, that WotdG are an army which placing was already really good in the statistics and polls!
    I take that into consideration. My main critic is the karka/disk patch which I find it pretty close to ridiculous...
    Warrior patch is great... so great I think it wasnt necessary and its overpowered.
    EH unfair as other stated before me.
    Champs, fair. It wasnt really a patch, because this was deserved anyways.

But as I said... the karka/disk patch just eclipse everything... is so much mindblowing...
    Remember you have 15% DISCOUNT in Resin Warfare catalogue with the code: WARGAMESADICTOS

WARGAMES ADICTOS
    Youtube --> Wargames Adictos
    Facebook --> Wargames Adictos
    Instagram --> @WargamesAdictos
  • We only got one small nerf and a few little buffs. It’s happy days for me 900 point exact core in 25 envy zealot halberd command or 910 for 30 vanilla gw zealot command. Might not be as apex competitive as 3 lust darts but it makes me much happier!
    Take a look at my painted army so far. Feel free to share a pic of yours!

Pics of my ever expanding warriors army

WastelandWarrior Painting League 2019

WastelandWarrior Painting League 2020
  • Bash wrote:

I'm still going to field a SorcGen on a Dragon with an EH Igor beneath it. Great Setup and fun to play, even though everyone is telling me something else. ;)

I greatly appreciate the big Warriorblocks raising on our tables again!
    I’ve never fielded a dragon. I would love to, but it seems extremely risky for the points. Two flyers is tempting though. It seems big risk/ big reward.
  • WastelandWarrior wrote:

We only got one small nerf and a few little buffs. It’s happy days for me 900 point exact core in 25 envy zealot halberd command or 910 for 30 vanilla gw zealot command. Might not be as apex competitive as 3 lust darts but it makes me much happier!
    personally I can't wait to drop a decent sized warrior block on the table.
    :UD: <--ACS FOR--> :WDG: :DE:
  • GorillaConda wrote:

Bulls Eye wrote:

GorillaConda wrote:

WoDgs needs to get some pull like HbE and SE.

WoDgs already has the priciest characters in the game and they just keep getting point increases with no bumps.

HbE prince gets a price decrease and smokes most of WoDgs characters already at 2/3 the cost. What has to happen to get to a level playing field?
    I would say, do your homework better. The (sliver) prince (appart from a mounted char the only build that stand a change vs a WoDg character, with his most commen honours (Queens Companion, Master of the C tower) Got 20 ptns more expensive with this hotfix. > - 10 on prince, +10 on spear, +20 on honours.....
    I stay away from personal snipes. I find that the message is lost when the conversation turns adversarial. The prince on the murder chicken kills the Ex Herald on the charge. I’ve seen it played out numerous times.
    Making the Ex Herald 830 points for a 5 HP character is excessive. Even if he casts magic. He isn’t the combat beast people try to make him out to be. I’ve seen Tree-fathers kill him in straight up combat.

It doesn’t take much “homework” to see over the years elves get more bang for the point buck. Elves are WoDgs bad matchup. At least that’s what I’ve been told over and over on the forums.
    Yes it does. You do know HE where tier5 about a year ago? And to say the chicken kills a EH on the charge.. yes, because the EH is not purely a combat char right?
    Don't get me wrong, i don't say the price increase on the EH is right. Just reacting on your statement About the HE prince getting a price discount, with no bumbs while smoking most WodG characters. Which IMO is false.
  • Bulls Eye wrote:

GorillaConda wrote:

Bulls Eye wrote:

GorillaConda wrote:

WoDgs needs to get some pull like HbE and SE.

WoDgs already has the priciest characters in the game and they just keep getting point increases with no bumps.

HbE prince gets a price decrease and smokes most of WoDgs characters already at 2/3 the cost. What has to happen to get to a level playing field?
    I would say, do your homework better. The (sliver) prince (appart from a mounted char the only build that stand a change vs a WoDg character, with his most commen honours (Queens Companion, Master of the C tower) Got 20 ptns more expensive with this hotfix. > - 10 on prince, +10 on spear, +20 on honours.....
    I stay away from personal snipes. I find that the message is lost when the conversation turns adversarial. The prince on the murder chicken kills the Ex Herald on the charge. I’ve seen it played out numerous times.Making the Ex Herald 830 points for a 5 HP character is excessive. Even if he casts magic. He isn’t the combat beast people try to make him out to be. I’ve seen Tree-fathers kill him in straight up combat.

It doesn’t take much “homework” to see over the years elves get more bang for the point buck. Elves are WoDgs bad matchup. At least that’s what I’ve been told over and over on the forums.
    Yes it does. You do know HE where tier5 about a year ago? And to say the chicken kills a EH on the charge.. yes, because the EH is not purely a combat char right?Don't get me wrong, i don't say the price increase on the EH is right. Just reacting on your statement About the HE prince getting a price discount, with no bumbs while smoking most WodG characters. Which IMO is false.
    Sadly the EH is the best combat character WDG can have in my oppinion.

At least when it comes to killyness and to get into combat ASAP. There is not much what can scare him away.
    Of course it is ok that he has counters.

Played a dragon list for a couple of months also on tournaments, including an EH and very speedy elements.
    Most of time the EH survived and scored always MVP, while the dragonlord in 4 out of 5 games died but also mostly got his points back.

@Patch

When you look at 4 karkadans and 3 disc's allowance and can't hide the feeling that something is done like: "let's give them something by giving them nothing".

I never ever heard anyone before bringing up the desire to field more than 3 karkadans. To be honest, i have never seen more than a single karkadan mount in lists. And even a single karkadan mount was seen very rarely. Same goes for disc. Sometimes there was some list with a single caster on disc. But also very rarely seen.

In my oppinion this patch slot was really completely wasted. There could have been much more interesting things to be addressed.
  • subspace wrote:

Exalted Champion wrote:

When you look at 4 karkadans and 3 disc's allowance and can't hide the feeling that something is done like: "let's give them something by giving them nothing".
    Um. From what I can remember that was a direct wish from the community from a guy who had painted up the 4 riders of the apocalypse or something.
    If it really was the wish of a single person, it would be the lowest percentage entry of the change poll. More than ever this would mean that a big chance was wasted to get more reasonable and more desired and needed changes.

Also you can get the 4 riders of apocalypse by choosing 4 different mounts like chimera, karkadan, disc and horse. There are even more if needed.

So whole community has to suffer for fulfilling the wish of a single person.....?
  • My overall feeling about this update and wdg team is increasign sadness.
    I would preffer anger that goes away over time or lack of interest but cant do.

I dont care about point increase in our book.
    What makes me sad is is that we had great survey about changes, we are active ont he forum talking aobut stuff that is not used or badly designed and all we get for update that wont change for another year is tottaly irrelevant changes.

Even after this update about 98% of tournament list wont change a bit.
    The entries like Veilgate Orb, Non-master shrnine sorcerer wont exist. Entries like CL dragon and hellmaw and Forsworn(without dfoomlord and spikeshield) are on bring of excintion.

There were many areas when WDG team could make some work when major suggestion were denied. Many points that coudl be improved to get to at least considerable choice and there were sugestion over the year about these points over and over.

As i said, dont care about making our army more expensive becasue of external balence, it is internal ballance that makes many entries in our book unvalid in competitive play and thats shame in golden book!
  • Stop resisting, join the Dark Side and use whatever good entries there are.
    I love how the "nerfs" to the Lust Warriors actually encourage me to use 3x10 Warriors of Lust (Champ + Musician) even more.
    When they were 295 points, that bloody 15 points left made my list building OCD go off the charts.
    Now - I can get exactly 900 points with 3 units that are exactly the same. Best update ever!
    Yes, they drink blood. Yes, some of them have been known to command armies of the damned. But at least they're not Elves.
    - Niles Valera, Agitator