Muses Gremlins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Muses Gremlins

When trying to decide what army I wanted to collect and play I was asking my husband dearest which army would be fun and a little crazy, which one would make me laugh when playing and painting and he told me that I should have a look at the Orcs and Goblins. Said and done goblins, sounded like just the right sort of crazy fun I was looking for.

So now came the next question, which models did I want, what kind of feel should MY army have.. Internet help me! Well after some looking around I found a catapult model that I just feel in love with, the grumpy hogtied pig about to go flying through the air just had me smiling from ear to ear. What else did that company have... turns out the army of my dreams, and so began the slow work of bulding my OnG army using Malifaux Gremlins.

First buy just had to be that catapult - my pigapult.

As work progressed my pigapult ended up getting Lenny as the orc overseer as well. :orclaugh:

Next up I needed to start collecting the normal little goblins so I had a core, they sure came in a variety of personalities but they better get into that fight fast before little Gus accidentaly blows them all up, someone needs to tell him smoking kills, especially next to barrels of gunpowder.. :GobboParanoia:

By now my eyes had caught a fun set of models that I just HAD to have, and lucky for me I could make them work in core as well, yes!

My rooster riders got accompanied by a town crier on a pig, someone has gotta tell them what to do, standing orders being "off with their heads!". :GobboFreaky:

After having worked to expand my core I figured a bigger addition could be fun and found my army chef, aka my great green idol.

By now my to buy list had grown very long as there were so many models I wanted but I had to pick something to go next and my army was admittedly very low on magic so it was time for some lightning bugs!

Who said doing magic is easy or safe? :GobboParanoia:

And that is how far I have gotten with building my army.. I do have a bunch of boxes currently in the post and a fair number of fun things to assemble and paint so I will be posting pics as I go.

Welcome to crazytown where pigs fly, roosters run wild and we might see a war wabbit or two down the road!

Head of HR

Advisory Board

"Turns out, life's a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common."
    • Great to see you starting a blog here!

Having played against this army, I know just how beautiful it is, but it's cool to see it in pictures too. Looking forward to seeing what more you can come up with :)

T9A Oddjob

Empire of Sonnstahl Blog, including links to my other blogs
      The 9th Wiki, a community wiki for the official 9th Age background
      T9A: Skirmish Campaigns
    • dan wrote:

What’s next in the agenda?
      I just got started on what will be my musicians which for me means banjoplaying gremlins. As well as a prospecting orc boar chariot, pictures of WIP will come next time we have a painting evening. ^^

Head of HR

Advisory Board

"Turns out, life's a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common."
    • And as promised I have a few WIP pictures of my current painting projects.

First of what I think will become my Orc Boar chariot aka my Lucky Emissary. Still a lot of fixing to be done here but you get the idea. No gremlin goes safe!

Next up: my musicians, because I have heard they are good to have and I mean come on one gotta have some nice tunes while sending them pigs flying!

Little by little this the army grows!

To be continued...

Head of HR

Advisory Board