Muses Gremlins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Muses Gremlins

When trying to decide what army I wanted to collect and play I was asking my husband dearest which army would be fun and a little crazy, which one would make me laugh when playing and painting and he told me that I should have a look at the Orcs and Goblins. Said and done goblins, sounded like just the right sort of crazy fun I was looking for.

So now came the next question, which models did I want, what kind of feel should MY army have.. Internet help me! Well after some looking around I found a catapult model that I just feel in love with, the grumpy hogtied pig about to go flying through the air just had me smiling from ear to ear. What else did that company have... turns out the army of my dreams, and so began the slow work of bulding my OnG army using Malifaux Gremlins.

First buy just had to be that catapult - my pigapult.

As work progressed my pigapult ended up getting Lenny as the orc overseer as well. :orclaugh:

Next up I needed to start collecting the normal little goblins so I had a core, they sure came in a variety of personalities but they better get into that fight fast before little Gus accidentaly blows them all up, someone needs to tell him smoking kills, especially next to barrels of gunpowder.. :GobboParanoia:

By now my eyes had caught a fun set of models that I just HAD to have, and lucky for me I could make them work in core as well, yes!

My rooster riders got accompanied by a town crier on a pig, someone has gotta tell them what to do, standing orders being "off with their heads!". :GobboFreaky:

After having worked to expand my core I figured a bigger addition could be fun and found my army chef, aka my great green idol.

By now my to buy list had grown very long as there were so many models I wanted but I had to pick something to go next and my army was admittedly very low on magic so it was time for some lightning bugs!

Who said doing magic is easy or safe? :GobboParanoia:

And that is how far I have gotten with building my army.. I do have a bunch of boxes currently in the post and a fair number of fun things to assemble and paint so I will be posting pics as I go.

Welcome to crazytown where pigs fly, roosters run wild and we might see a war wabbit or two down the road!

Head of HR

Advisory Board

"Turns out, life's a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common."
    • Great to see you starting a blog here!

Having played against this army, I know just how beautiful it is, but it's cool to see it in pictures too. Looking forward to seeing what more you can come up with :)

T9A Oddjob

Empire of Sonnstahl Blog, including links to my other blogs
      The 9th Wiki, a community wiki for the official 9th Age background
      T9A: Skirmish Campaigns
    • dan wrote:

What’s next in the agenda?
      I just got started on what will be my musicians which for me means banjoplaying gremlins. As well as a prospecting orc boar chariot, pictures of WIP will come next time we have a painting evening. ^^

Head of HR

Advisory Board

"Turns out, life's a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common."
    • And as promised I have a few WIP pictures of my current painting projects.

First of what I think will become my Orc Boar chariot aka my Lucky Emissary. Still a lot of fixing to be done here but you get the idea. No gremlin goes safe!

Next up: my musicians, because I have heard they are good to have and I mean come on one gotta have some nice tunes while sending them pigs flying!

Little by little this the army grows!

To be continued...

Head of HR

Advisory Board

• Wow it has been a while! Sorry for the silence but honestly I did not get much painting done over the summer..

And then I decided to enter a tournament later in the fall (knock on wood it does not get cancelled) and realised I had a lot of minis to buy assemble and paint. But firstly I need to finish the stuff on my WIP shelf. :girlpanic:

Done with my banjonistas:

Done with my Orc boar chariot:

And some of the stuff I did get started on during the summer and finished as well:

My first few Orcs including my Warlord Olaf, he thinks he is iin charge but the gremlins know better ;).

I decided to repurpose my great green idol as an orc (pics will come) and have plans for a new idol down the road. BUT I also needed to boost my gremlin ranks with models and my former Mad git is now rank and file meaning I have space for some new fun Mad gits, I am thinking that "Mr.Bean needs a Snickers" commercial meets Jack Sparrow..

As I said I need to boost my gremlin units a bit and my pyro lightning bug is a bit tricky with placement so one low piece to put beneath the flying pyro and sign for my standard bearer.

Now to the current work in progress stuff: I have a pretty cute big brother giant in the works, only the base work left at this point.

With these new stuff I had switched to a new wash that does not match my old one at all and that is a big bummer.. We have been trying to make the old and new stuff match better but it looks like things will be a bit more shiny from now on. X/

Pictures of my newly assemled war wabbits will come, as well as some other newly assemled stuff!

Oh and I just last night went on an assembling spree of pigs, boars and the like, pictures to come!

Basically, I have gone into overdrive and I am not obsessed, I promise!! :girlinnocent:

Head of HR

Advisory Board

• Lovely to see you back at it!

The new additions look great! I specially like the giant, perfect fit for the army theme :)

About the new wash, I could recommend getting some varnish to bring the shine down. I've had good experiences with AK47 Ultra Matt Varnish. You can mix it into the wash to take the shine out directly, or you can paint it on with a brush as a final step (though it can be tricky to get an even coat that way).

T9A Oddjob

Empire of Sonnstahl Blog, including links to my other blogs
      The 9th Wiki, a community wiki for the official 9th Age background
      T9A: Skirmish Campaigns
    • So got some stuff done since last time I checked in! Maybe should have spent some of that time on the forum but uhm, I am on a roll here!

I got started on my troll unit which I like to call swines ans boars. Got (most of) them assembled and based!

Next up was first coat of paint and they sure turned out pink!

Next I finished up that whiskey golem of mine, big brother is done!

I also got to work on adding numbers to my orc unit, and sadly my great green idol got repurposed (I have ideas for a new one down the line. :D )

And a few more WIP orcs..

When painting my troll unti I decided to do my small piglets while I was painting pigs, not sure what to do with them yet, but they sure a re cute!

Head of HR

Advisory Board

• While we have been playing so I get some training in for the tournament I have been playing with empty bases and the number of empty bases and shrinking slowly but surely!

Next up I have been assembling and paiting my gnasher wrecking teams, aka my war wabbits!

First coat of paint done!

I just love that Ushabti bone on them!

Second coat of paint and some work on the bases done!

Some small fixing done and finally assembled them!

Washed and done, look out, they run amok!

Head of HR

Advisory Board

• Mad Hat wrote:

About the new wash, I could recommend getting some varnish to bring the shine down. I've had good experiences with AK47 Ultra Matt Varnish. You can mix it into the wash to take the shine out directly, or you can paint it on with a brush as a final step (though it can be tricky to get an even coat that way).
      Thank you, we are about to make an additional order for models and paint, @fjugin please put it on the list. :D ;)

Head of HR

Advisory Board

• As a former Malifaux player I have mixed feelings seeing Gremlins used in T9A ;)

The rabbits look like they would make great cowboys (Forest Goblin King/Chief on a Huntsmen Spider?) and the piglets would probably fit well as Gnashers

Considering the prices of Wyrd models and the number of them you need for a full army I don't think I would ever attempt a project like this, so all I can do is wish you good luck

Best Wishes
      Ozzy
    • Ozzy666 wrote:

As a former Malifaux player I have mixed feelings seeing Gremlins used in T9A
      Haha, understandable! They are still Lenny and Mah Tucket to me so I try to keep close to origin.

Ozzy666 wrote:

Considering the prices of Wyrd models and the number of them you need for a full army I don't think I would ever attempt a project like this, so all I can do is wish you good luck
      Indeed and thank you! The core boxes are my friend, but "finding" enough big dudes to represent orchs has been my biggest headache besides the actually assembling. One foot here and one foot there, overarm and underarm and don't forget half the face.. :panic:

Ozzy666 wrote:

The rabbits look like they would make great cowboys (Forest Goblin King/Chief on a Huntsmen Spider?) and the piglets would probably fit well as Gnashers
      Thank you for the ideas, I am working towards a fairly set list at the moment forthe tournament but I am already thinking of alternative uses! <3

Little Joe wrote:

Visually very interesting and nice to see a plan come together.
      Thank you and I must say that it feels good to see the pile of empty bases shrink!

Head of HR

Advisory Board

• The assembling of wyrd models is a little bit like singing the hokey pokey, left foot, right foot, reft hand, right hand etc.. All these small parts makes me regret my fairly long nails..

But the work continues!

As I continue to playtest my list each weekend against husband dearest, small changes occur. One not so small change was said husband sneaking a lot more orcs into my list and uhm, there are not many of them so I have to get creative as well as use a bit more unitfillers than planned.

They are not done but as you can see I am hard at work to get a full unit of orcs ready!

And when hunting for orcs in my boxes I get to the occasional goblin as well,

A few more is needed before I am done.

Besides getting my core done - very important, I also need a second catapult for my list and although it is my third Lenny (so far) in my list one just gotta love this pigapult! :orclove:

Yes that is a pillow strapped to the piglets behind. :GobboYes:

And with all these new stuff I must not forget to finish what I have started and although not done yet my swines and boars are moving forward as well..

At this rate I will have my army ready for battle in time woho! Learning how to play them is taking a bit more time. :GobboParanoia:

Head of HR

Advisory Board

• New

Damn time flies and so does my pigs...

Where to catch up, I am alllllllmost done with my orc unit now.

I also finished up those goblins

Aaaaand I finished my second pigapult!

My brigde trolls aka swines and boars got some nice waterfeature beneath that bridge.

Bonus, I also compeleted a second Whiskey golem, aka my giants little brother. Always two there are, no more no less. ;)

So while I am admittedly bad at keeping after this little blog of mine the work on my army continues as the deadline approaches.

As of now, the stuff left to paint for me to ready in time has dwindled down to this

As I finish these up there are some markers to paint and some stuff to repaint just a little. But there it is the light at the end of this tunnel!

And while I already have ideas for my next few additions those will be treats for later this year or beginning of next.

Head of HR

Advisory Board