[Community feedback poll ] O&G lore - top 3 questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Community feedback poll ] O&G lore - top 3 questions

Choose up-to 3 questions you would like to ask the Background Team. 24
      Orcs have this very emphasised behaviour progression with age. In what skale does this happen? How long does a freshly hatched "feral" Orc need to become a "common" Orc? How long to become an "Iron" Orc? (8) 33%
      Could a green skin walk freely in any other society, or would they be instantly cut down by militia or arrested by soldiery? (8) 33%
      Are Orcs and Goblins religious, if so how do they practice faith? (7) 29%
      Are Orcs and Goblins nomadic? Do they have settlements? What do they look like? Do they farm? (7) 29%
      Do peaceful Orcs and/or Goblins exist? What do they do? (5) 21%
      What are Grotlings? (5) 21%
      Are greenskins fully parasitical of others or do they have their own system of production like agriculture or a division of labour? (4) 17%
      Are Trolls of similar genus as the other Orcs and Goblins? If not, why do they only appear in OnG armies? Is there a special cultural link between OnG and Trolls? (4) 17%
      Are magic users like Shamans and Witch Doctors respected as leaders in war or do Warborn prefer to be led by more martial-minded generals? (4) 17%
      Are all "Greenskins" green or do O&G have different colors? (4) 17%
      Is there some kind of supernatural event (comet, moon, solar eclipse, volcano, gods, whatever) that causes worldwide unrest and warmongering among the Orc and Goblins? You know, something similar to the old Waa***. (3) 13%
      Is there a hierarchy between Warborn, where Orcs are considered more important than Goblins or viceversa? (3) 13%
      Can grotlings, Goblins, Orcs, Trolls, Giants and Great Green Idol talk with each other? Would a human understand they language? (3) 13%
      What is the ratio of food sources (farming, livestock, hunting gathering, trading, pillaging) for an average Orc/Goblin tribe? Sure this numbers vary a lot between tribes, just to get a feeling about the large mean. (2) 8%
      Has there ever been a historical great Orc leader that was able to conquer hughe chunks of territory? What was his name? Who did he take the land from? What happened to this "Orc-Empire"? (2) 8%
      Can broods spring forth anywhere, or is there a pre requisite, and if so, what? Could you get broods in the cold north, or on island kingdoms, or in the dry deserts of the undying lands? (2) 8%
      is there going to be a gnasher-based low-technology biology that covers stuff like artificial hair, waste disposal and other needed stuff that Orcs may not have the know-how to create but seem to have anyway. (1) 4%
      When are the first records of greenskins? Have they ever had a non-parasitic or war-based culture? (0) 0%
      What great scalps have they claimed? And which big bosses have been slain to great acclaim by knights and champions? (0) 0%
    Hi there,

Below you find a poll where you can choose up to 3 questions you would like to ask to the BT and would like to know more about. If you have additional questions please note them here: [Community feedback asked] O&G lore - 5 questions to BG

After these 3 questions have been asked we can still ask 2 more later on!

Cheers
    Baldin

New poll down below: [Community feedback poll ] O&G lore - top 3 questions
    :O&G: :KoE:

Homebrew Army: The Lycanthropes Updated 18-2-2021!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Baldin ().

• Don't the the BGT off the hook with easy questions guys!!

Are Orcs and Goblins religious, if so how do they practice faith? (4)

I'd say this is already answered pretty much in existing lore, in that there are references to quite a few OnG 'gods' already. Zagjan games seem to be one key example of how they practice their "faith"!

Are all "Greenskins" green or do O&G have different colors? (2)

This is already answered in existing lore. There are a variety of different colours and they are not always green, nor referred to as 'greenskins' necessarily (I don't think ANY existing lore calls them that).

Essence of War Team

Product Search Team

Social Media Team

My gaming website: Agoners | | My gaming twitter: Agoners Gaming | | Contributor at: Collecting Green
    Sheffield, UK | | Essence of War - Give Us Your Feedback!! |
  • Colours:

Like the great primates of the jungles of Taphria, orcs are strong and robust beings. In battle they seem able to resist the most terrible wounds and still continue fighting. Distinctive features include large fangs and the earthy hues of their hide - from ochre to green to darkest brown - all combining to give them a terrifying and wild aspect.

Language:

We have these bits, all written by a DE:

Of the five goblin translators...

(so no doubt the DE communicate with all the Warborn via the Goblins)

This fact supports my original hypothesis of a strong tie between the Warborn races: even if their cultures appear superficially different, there is a more instinctual level that permits goblins to communicate perfectly with their larger kin. While the Warborn cannot be trained, they can at least understand orders and requests.

So I'd assume this also applies to Grotlings and Trolls really too.

Religion:

We were invited by the warlord to a feast lasting several days. It might be called a religious occasion, but not in the sense we use in Dathen. According to our interpreters, the feast is called the Great Games of Zagjan, named after an orcish god of strength and challenges. These sacred games are held once per year, and it seems they are common to the majority of orc tribes and cultures known to us.

The god Zagjan, the Wild Boar, is the challenging force -threatening even the authority of cosmological chiefhood represented by the most important orc god, Tazrek, embodied by the tribe’s warlord himself.

Essence of War Team

Product Search Team

Social Media Team

My gaming website: Agoners | | My gaming twitter: Agoners Gaming | | Contributor at: Collecting Green
  • Remy77077 wrote:

Colours:

Like the great primates of the jungles of Taphria, orcs are strong and robust beings. In battle they seem able to resist the most terrible wounds and still continue fighting. Distinctive features include large fangs and the earthy hues of their hide - from ochre to green to darkest brown - all combining to give them a terrifying and wild aspect.

Language:

We have these bits, all written by a DE:

Of the five goblin translators...

(so no doubt the DE communicate with all the Warborn via the Goblins)

This fact supports my original hypothesis of a strong tie between the Warborn races: even if their cultures appear superficially different, there is a more instinctual level that permits goblins to communicate perfectly with their larger kin. While the Warborn cannot be trained, they can at least understand orders and requests.

So I'd assume this also applies to Grotlings and Trolls really too.

Religion:

We were invited by the warlord to a feast lasting several days. It might be called a religious occasion, but not in the sense we use in Dathen. According to our interpreters, the feast is called the Great Games of Zagjan, named after an orcish god of strength and challenges. These sacred games are held once per year, and it seems they are common to the majority of orc tribes and cultures known to us.

The god Zagjan, the Wild Boar, is the challenging force -threatening even the authority of cosmological chiefhood represented by the most important orc god, Tazrek, embodied by the tribe’s warlord himself.
    did you ever thought of helping @Mad 'At with his wiki?
  • VisconteDimezzato wrote:

did you ever thought of helping @Mad 'At with his wiki
    Haha yup I did, we discussed a bit in a staff thread recently actually :)
    (I only found out who made it a few weeks ago).

But right now I have no clue how to edit that external wiki! (& not had time either, but maybe one day!)

Essence of War Team

Product Search Team

Social Media Team

• Choose up-to 3 questions from this top 10 to be asked the Background Team 15
      Orcs have this very emphasised behaviour progression with age. In what skale does this happen? How long does a freshly hatched "feral" Orc need to become a "common" Orc? How long to become an "Iron" Orc? (5) 33%
      Could a green skin walk freely in any other society, or would they be instantly cut down by militia or arrested by soldiery? (5) 33%
      Are Orcs and Goblins nomadic? Do they have settlements? What do they look like? Do they farm? (5) 33%
      Do peaceful Orcs and/or Goblins exist? What do they do? (5) 33%
      What are Grotlings? (5) 33%
      Are Trolls of similar genus as the other Orcs and Goblins? If not, why do they only appear in OnG armies? Is there a special cultural link between OnG and Trolls? (5) 33%
      Are magic users like Shamans and Witch Doctors respected as leaders in war or do Warborn prefer to be led by more martial-minded generals? (5) 33%
      Are greenskins fully parasitical of others or do they have their own system of production like agriculture or a division of labour? (4) 27%
      Are Orcs and Goblins religious, if so how do they practice faith? (2) 13%
      Is there some kind of supernatural event (comet, moon, solar eclipse, volcano, gods, whatever) that causes worldwide unrest and warmongering among the Orc and Goblins? You know, something similar to the old Waa***. (1) 7%
    Half done, half to go!

I made a top 10, down from the 19 questions we had at the start.

Cheers
    Baldin

• So we have our top 3.

1. Orcs have this very emphasised behaviour progression with age. In what skale does this happen? How long does a freshly hatched "feral" Orc need to become a "common" Orc? How long to become an "Iron" Orc? (8)33%
    2. Could a green skin walk freely in any other society, or would they be instantly cut down by militia or arrested by soldiery? (8)33%
    3. Are Orcs and Goblins religious, if so how do they practice faith? (7)29%
    4. Are Orcs and Goblins nomadic? Do they have settlements? What do they look like? Do they farm? (7) 29%
    As you can see the 3 and 4 are equaly choosen. I will ask wether or not there is more to the faith of the greenskins that currently known. If not I would ask the 4th question instead.

Thanks everyone for the input!

I don't know when we will receive feedback on the questions, but keep an eye out in the scroll!

• Ye, I will rephrase the question to be more specific. The answer to 3 is just "yes" but ofc we would want more in depth information.

Currently I have a question to BT pending wether there is more information than currently released. The answer on that question will make me rephrase it or skip 3 to go for 4.

• So here are the 3 questions I'll put to BGT.

1. Orcs have this very emphasised behaviour progression with age. In what skale does this happen? How long does a freshly hatched "feral" Orc need to become a "common" Orc? How long to become an "Iron" Orc?
    2. Could a green skin walk freely in any other society, or would they be instantly cut down by militia or arrested by soldiery?
    3. How does the greenskin religion look like and work. What gods are there, how are each revered? Do all greenskins revere all gods or do they choose one? Is there a difference between (common/forest/cave) Goblins and (feral/common/iron) orcs?
    I'll send these in, in about 4 hours. So anyone wanting to give feedback on these 3 feel free:)

• Yeah I feel there's already tons answered regarding OnG religion too for those paying attention! :D

So I'd also prefer to ask question 4.

If I was BGT and I wanted to be a git, my answer to questions 2 and 3 would be "What is a greenskin?!" though :orcohmy: :sheep:

There's no reference to them being called as such in T9A lore!

Essence of War Team

Product Search Team

Social Media Team