Pinned KoE Lab: Information Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• T9AGE Facebook just posted a beautiful picture!
    all credits too
    © image : Morkarr on DeviantArt https://www.deviantart.com/.../art/pegasus-knight-812135848

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

Follow my games here: the-ninth-age.com/community/in…%C3%BCnchen-und-umgebung/
  • Dear Community,
    last week we had wonderful discussions about the flying lists of our playtester! It was a delight to see your voices and opinions.
    This week we bring the first full spoiler for a new unit entry.
    Behold the Heraldic Beast Riders. This nimble and fast attacking mount is the perfect piece to hunt WM, Chaff, enemy archers and support melee combat. In dire times they can also hunt wizzards hiding in blocks.
    There are many forms of Heraldic Beast, one of the most famous are the Perytons.
    I cant wait to see how YOUR Heraldic Beast will look like. I know mine will be a glorious white rabbit chewing through enemies.

We, the ACS team are happy to answer any questions! What is your opinion about the HB Riders? How do you want to use them? Do you see any problems?
    Have a nice week and a good honorful duel
    Your Team

For feedback and discussion please use this thread:

HB spoiler thread

Disclaimer:

Name and everything is WIP!! It will and can change!

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

The post was edited 1 time, last by Klexe ().

• Dear Community

This week we have some new infos about our mounts and fantastic beast and know we know where to find them! Here

Why do big-game Knights mount their Dragon's heads?
    To mount the other end would be a catastrophe!

For feedback please use this thread

Feedback-Thread

Disclaimer: Everything is WIP. It can and will be changed.
    *= means rules which are currently WIP or not used anymore

We also have a new mount send directly by the Lady for their best followers.

"This is essentially a supernal given the form of a mighty mount and sent forth into the world to be a companion and advisor to the Sainted or to the Fey Knights who serve the Lady on earth. They take many forms and are known to have many strange gifts."

What do you think how such mount would like and played on the table? What rules should i have? What task should it do? What would be fun for everyone?

Have a nice week!

Your ACS

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

• Dear community,

This is the last week of the flying spoilering lists! Next we start with combined arms or Cavalry focused infos.
    What do you want to hear first? Just write it in the general discussion thread KoE General Discussion

As last piece we had a major one! We are really eager to know what you think, how you will use it and what models you will use!

This is a rank and file unit
    So please feel free to comment and give feedback and ideas in this thread!
    Feedback Thread

With kind regards your acs team!

Disclaimer:
    Keep in mind that things can and will change :)

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

• Dear community!

The flying weeks are over. This weak we want to remind you to check out Ludamans contest!!
    Heraldry competition
    You can win awesome stuff and you have still time left to win!

About our next week's spoiler? What will be the focus? Cavalry or combined arms? You guys voted!
    *ogre drumroll plz*
    The winner is "Cavalry"

Sadly I can not show you a spoiler today because we take a little break and I also need time for the next spoilers!
    But!
    We have a great piece of Fluff from our dear writer @Taki. Please enjoy. It is about a Paladin hunting Evil.
    Which I will post tomorrow or later this day :)
    WhatsApp beeing down is quite annoying

Have a great week!

Your ACS and Background Team!

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

• Here it is

Mistress,

I dread to inform you, but all our work has been for naught.

Though I took every precaution, and worked without summoned aid, we have been discovered. The Ordo of the Paladin are, as we were warned, thorough and relentless. In my arrogance, I thought that a lone knight could easily be avoided and circumvented, or failing that, murdered and dumped unceremoniously into the harbor.

As I grew closer to being discovered, I did indeed avail myself of every tool at the ready to stop him. The thieves guilders refused any amount of silver to go against this Ordo or its knight, and onlythe most desperate and dangerous scum were all that could be used to task. They fell like wheat to the scythe. Much the same, the curses and spells laid against him he feared as much as water scares a stone.

Now my sanctum lies in ruins, and my own time runs short. I can only surmise that he must have somehow broken our cypher, which means he can read and speak both Old Avrasi and Destrian, and knew what types of spellcraft the reagents would be put to use. I fear this order knows more about the necrotic arts than I ever gave them credit for, and it may well cost me my life.

I have gathered the most essential reagents, artifacts, and athame I could with the time remaining, and have hidden at the hall of our friends, though they cannot hide me for long, and I see the nervous looks they give one another that I’m still here in their midst. I send this missive to you by guild courier, while I try to flee this indefatigable menace on a swift ship to Port Renault.

Mistress, I worship thee, and grovel at thy feet. I wish for nothing more than to be your sanguine sup, and humblest servant throughout the countless ages,

-J

(This letter is among the evidence found with the remains and trappings of one Lady Diaphane d’Entragues, Slain by Sir Tancred Belmonde of Whitestones, Ordained Paladin of His Majesty’s Ordo of the Palace, upon discovery of her Vampiric nature)

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

The post was edited 2 times, last by Klexe ().

• Dear community!

You voted and we heard!
    The next following weeks will be all about human knights and heroes!

We ACS, Tasks Team and Playtester are happy to share some lists how a Cavalry centric KoE army currently looks.

Disclaimer:
    Obvious things can and will change and nothing is 100% certain.

Here are the lists. I hope you like them. Comment here KoE General Discussion what you think looks good and what you want to see and hit the bell button :)

Display Spoiler

Lord: General, Hippogryph, Sainted, Excellence, Prayer Etched Ring Maile, Tristan’s resolve, dragonfire gem, potion of swiftness, Bastard sword, Shield
    Damsel, Wizard Master, Druidism, warhorse
    Damsel, Wizard Adept, divination, unicorn
    Lord: BSB, Faith, Warhorse, Great Weapon, potion of strength, Resplendent Panoply
    20 peasant bowmen, bows
    10 peasant bowmen, xbows
    10 peasant bowmen, xbows
    15 x feudal knights, Stan, knight banneret, aspirant’s elan, musc
    11 x hammer knights, stan, champ, musc, oriflamme
    10 x questing knights, stan, champ, musc, rending banner
    5x Yeomen Outriders with bows,
    Scorpion

Display Spoiler

Lord: General, Sainted, Courage, Principle Excellence, Bastard Sword Tristans Resolve, Basalt Infusion, Obsidian Rock, Black Tabard , Hippogriff
    Damsel: Master Druid, Unicorn
    Lord: BSB, Courage, Principle Justice, GW Mortal Reminder, Knightly Cuirass, Warhorse
    Damsel: Essence of Free Mind (Divination, Shamanism), Warhorse, Orison 1Total
    11 Feudal Knights, FC, Sacred Ordo
    11 Feudal Knights, FC, Banneret, Cavalry Banner
    10 CrossbowsCore
    11 Hammer Knights: FC, Aether Icon
    9 Questing Knights, FC, Banneret, Rending Banner, Oriflame
    Swarm of Lights
    5 Yeomen: Bows, Light Armor

Display Spoiler

Damsel Sainted, General, Master Drudismn, Unicorn
    Hero of the People, Bannerman, Troubadour, Heavy Armour, Shield, Warhorse
    Lord Paladin Fey Steed, Great Weapon, Mortal Reminder, Forbearance, Resplendet Panoply
    Lord Paladin Fey Steed, Greatweapon, Excellence, Basalt Infusion, Blessed inscription,

15 Feudal Knights FCG, Banneret, Aspirants Elan, Cavalry Banner
    2x8 Ordo Cavalry, Muscian, Banner

10x Bodyguard Knights FCG, Ordo Blessed Banner
    Swarm Of Lights
    Fey Knight Autumn
    Fey Knight Summer
    2x6 Penitence Knights, Musician

Display Spoiler

Damsel, Wizard Master, Divination, Warhorse, Binding Scroll
    Lord, General, Sainted, Honor, The Bane Breaker, Fey Steed, Shield, Bastrd Sword, Prayer Etched Ring Maille
    Lord, Paladin, Valor, Warsong's Sting, Resplendent Panoply, Shield, Lance, Dusk Forged, Fey Steed
    6 Feudal Knights
    6 Feudal Knights, Standard Bearer
    6 Feudal Knights, Knight Banneret, Standard Bearer
    8 Ordo Cavalry
    20 Bowmen
    11 Hammer Knights, Champion
    9 Penitence Knights, Ordos Minister, Standard Bearer, Banner of Discipline
    Fey Knight, Autumn
    Fey Knight, Summer

Display Spoiler

Lord, Sainted,Paladin, Bastard Sword (Tristan's Resolve), Heavy Armour(Prayer Etched Maille), potion of swiftness, dragon fire gem, Excellence, shield, Warhorse
    Lord, BSB, Greatweapon(Mortal Reminder), Heavy Armour (Resplendant Panoply), Justice, Warhorse
    Master druidism,General, Unicorn, Binding Scroll
    Heroe of the People, Cleric, castellan, Bastard Sword(Shield Breaker), Heavy Armour (Basalt infusion), shield, warhorse
    13xFeudal Knights, FCG, Knight Banneret, Aspirant'Elan, Cavalry Banner
    10xOrdo Cavalry, FCG
    6xFeudal Knights, FCG
    9xPenitent Knights, FCG, Ordo Minister
    10xQuesting Knights, FCG, Knight Banneret Flamming Banner
    Swarm of Lights
    Mounted Yeoman, shield

What are knights without heros and heroic deeds!
    Here we are sharing one of our New virtues, which are called Knightly Principles.
    What do you think?

Forbearance:
    Personal protection. One of a kind
    The bearer gains distracting. This instance of distracting cannot be used in the first round of combat.

We are happy to share these stuff with and until next time

Your Acs Team

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

• Dear community!

This week I will start with a short disclaimer:

Please be nice to each other! We are all just human who enjoy the same hobby! Overall we love the feedback you guys provide and remember:
    Stuff is not set in stone. Everything can and will change through your feedback!

For this week we want you to show you the most elite knights in the army! These knights get vision from the lady to prove themself worthy.
    They travel alone or help friendly armies by slaying enemies and foes provided by the lady!

Currently The Bastard Sword is a grindy weapon for the army with small extra perk if charging.
    The vision of the lady is is a huge boon! It helps by showing weakness in the enemy defense!

What do you think about this rule and entry? Please post your feedback here.
    Questing Knights Feedback

We wish you a nice week and hope you all have fun in the hobby.

Your ACS Team!

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

• “Lords and Ladies of Equitaine, the time has come to announce the winner of the Kingdom of Equitaine Heraldry Competition!”
    … is what I’d like to tell you, but unfortunately riders have gone missing, carrier pigeons were distracted by rice being thrown at weddings, and in general we the judges had too much fun over the weekend to produce the results in a timely fashion!

Not wanting to leave you all without anything on a Monday morning however, Ludaman has instead taken some lovely pictures of the prizes that will be awarded to our first place winner and the runner up, and if you’d like to take a look at the thread yourself and loudly demand your favorite be awarded first prize… have at it!
    the-ninth-age.com/community/in…n-of-the-shield/&pageNo=1

Here you can see the Prcies :)
    imgur.com/a/b0dU5sd

Winners will be announced ASAP (maybe even later this evening)

Your ACS Team!

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

• We had a 4 way tie in the end! But finally we had a solution after we had to ask extra people to vote :) great job @everyone

Congratulation for everyone!
    1. 1st place @Karaghul
    2. 2nd @McBaine
    3. Runners up @Ivar K, @RobertRabbit, @dan, @Sabious

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ludaman: Forgot 1 ().

• congratulations to the winners!

@Karaghul

send me a PM and let me which prize you’d prefer, the Damsel is obviously more valuable, but the set of foot knights (and peasants, and a mounted Duke) could be very useful and includes an absolute trove of conversion bits.

@McBaine

I will PM you and let you know which prize is yours once I talk with Karaghul, and then all I’ll need will be a shipping address.

Thanks again to everyone who participated!
  • Hello fellow knights!

This week we show you the so called Hammer knights and how they work in the special formation for KoE.
    Since the young age the sociaty of Equitaine trains their army in this special formation which is even unrivaled by their human brethren in Sunstahl.

The Hammer knights are a name in progress and have nothing to do with literally hammers.

These are the bravest, fastest and most devestating knights and famous all around the globe. From the sphinx of Ud to the Wasteland barbarians people fear their coordinated charges!
    With the support of the cleric and the lady these charges become even more devastating!

So behold!

What do you think? How will YOU use them! As big bus with magical banners in the middle of your army as spearhead?
    As small elite task force over the flank?
    Or as a big Swarm all over the place?

Please report your ideas, opinions and worries here!
    Feedback Thread

Remember everything can and will change and there is more to come as this is partial information and new synergies are missing

Your acs team

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

• Hello fellow knights!

I have to be honest and muster my courage to bring you the new spoiler this week. It was quite the Ordeal!

This week we have the following rules for you! (no screenshot sadly as I am not at home)

Courage(knights and nobility)
    The model gains aegis (+1, Max 4+) with the following restrictions. The effect can only be used against wounds against the model can not take any armor save

Honesty (church/ordo)
    The model gains aegis (+1 against magical attacks, Max 4+)

Ordeal (for lowborn/freemen)
    The model gains aegis (+1, Max 5+) with the following conditions: its unit must be engaged in the same combat as at least one other friendly unit containing one or more models with courage or honesty. The aegis save of this model can never be improved beyond 5+

For feedback please use this thread!

Lab feedback thread

Feedback thread

I do hope you forgive me my bad pun at the start and I wish you all a nice week!

Disclaimer:
    Stuff can and will change! These rules are not stackable on models. This means it cant have ordeal or courage or honesty. Not 2 at the same time.
    Also our fellow demon players do not need to worry. Honesty is for the church ordo of Equitaine! These guys are support pieces and do not Excell in warfare.

Also every models comes with a base aegis save in its rule entry

Your ACS (awesome champions supernal) team

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

• Hey guys I forgot one thing Monday.

Aegis:
    Unit in this army book contain an additional characteristic, which correspondts to the unit aegis save, shortened AEG. The characteristics is treated as if the unit has the personal protection aegis (x+) written on its profile, where X is the AEG characteistic value. Not having an AEG value does not prevent a unit from beeing target of an aegis modifier.

A model from the kingdom of Equitaine that is fleeing can never use any aegis sav es.

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

• Hello fellow knights!

Klexe is off slaying dragons this week, so you get the unexpected, a spoiler from Ludaman!

This week we share with you a unique upgrade for unit champions only found in Equitaine, The Knight Banneret!

Knight Banneret (0-2 per Army)
    The model gains the following rules:
    •The model gains +1 Health Point to a maximum of 3.
    •When calculating Combat Score, the model adds +1 to its side's Combat Score.
    •The model may take a single Banner Enchantment from this Army Book, for which it is considered to have a Special Item allowance with no limit

This may also help to answer questions from last week about how to handle the lack of static combat result in the new Lance formation: An extra banner on an extra tough champion!

Feedback here -
    LAB 7 Spoiler Feedback - Knight Banneret

For a better understanding of just what a knight Banneret is and how it fits into the rich background of Equitaine, Klexe (before heading off on his quest) made a very special request of our most celebrated historian and bard, @Taki.

Display Spoiler
    Sire,

May the Lady keep you and those who’s hearts hold you dear.

I write to you this day in jubilant pride which must needs be shared. Having come to the muster, and awaiting the arrival of disparate banners yet to arrive, the Duke had called a joust, to test the measure of his knights and to enflame their spirits for battle. Though his Grace is impatient to take the field, the Lady’s own servant Delphine of Ombrelac, gave counsel to prithee wait ‘til all were brought together, lest we risk all for want of a nail.

Heeding this, and deeming it wise, but with elan that would not be quenched, his Grace called the men to prepare the field and set the list. The first day was the games as usual for the small folk, the following we watched squadrons put together by lots compete in crest melee, in which Olivier and his cousins did well by all accounts. On the third day, Olivier set his shieldupon the Groom’s board and was matched ‘gainst the Duke’s own nephew Marten on the second tilt of the day.

The first and second passes saw solid hits but no breaks, but on the third Marten’s lance glanced the shield and struck Olivier’s helm. The great helm was sheared open, and taken off his head by the blow.By the Chalice, I felt my heart be strangled and thought that I might die at the sight. But sire, Olivier remained in seat. More over, though he bears a scar now and his head did swell, he refused to quit the field. He was always a stoic boy, remember when the servants would fret that the Snow Childe had frozen his tongue, on this day he was as stone. Unyielding, with naught but disdain for pain, he took his place on the line. The field marshal offered up his own helm to your son, but he refused, saying, “In the Lady’s sight, I have lost my helm fairly, so now I needs must fight without it. All the better for Her to see that I will not falter.”

To this, his brother and his cousins bade him reconsider. The Yard Master, your valet Carle, and the Duke’s nephew all bade him reconsider. The Court of Honor all wept at his courage, and I fear that he will have many proposals he will need your counsel on, once the Duke’s matter is settled. But I stray unto other paths.

Olivier took the field and broke three lances in the next four passes. On the seventh pass, Marten lowered his lance in a mercy pass and surrendered the field to Olivier. The Green Knight look forever kindly on him for his chivalry.

On that very moment, the Duke declared that Olivier be given a charm of courage, and be given his own banner, to be sown by the ladies of the Court of Honor. It is even rumored that even lady Delphine is to be aiding in its making. A dozen knights, and not all young ones, swore friendship and truth to him on the very spot. To become a banneret, and at such a young age, my heart swells and I cannot help but weep. May other knights look to his example of courage, and of ordeal, and of honesty and take heart in the days to come.

When he was taken from the field, it was I who tended his wounds personally. Fear not, I brought him into this world, I will brook no injury take him without guren. I may well only be here to do sums and ledgers, but I will not be found wanting of stitch and orison, when in mercy pity to whom She is dear, have need of me.

Let all things which touch on others dear to us be complete,

Your honest servant in all things,

Dame Ana,

Potirophore of the Ordo of Golden Grove,

Seneschal of Red Thorn Keep

Post by Nemeroth ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().

Post by Klexe ().

This post was deleted by Ludaman: nuh uh ().
  • Here ye, Here ye,

‘Tis your replacement Monday-spoiler/town-cryer Ludaman, ready with a little bit of magic to spice up your Monday.

Since we spoiled the Knight-Banneret last week we thought you might like to see one of the Enchantments he can bear into battle.

Aspirant’s Elan - Banner Enchantment
    Close Combat Attacks made with Lances by the bearer’s unit gain +2 Strength and +2 Armour Penetration in the First Round of Combat if the following conditions are met:

• The bearer’s unit is only Engaged in its Front Facing.

• The bearer’s unit is not Charging.

• The bearer’s unit failed a Charge in its previous Charge Phase.
    That’s not all though, this week in the US it’s Thanksgiving holiday, so here’s a little something extra to be thankful for:

Sacred Chalice - Artifact
    The bearer gains magic resistance (1). When the bearer’s unit is the target of a casting attempt of an enemy spell, including attribute spells, the bearer’s owner gains 1 veil token.

Be sure to let us know what you think of these two unique enchantments in the feedback thread here: LAB 8 Spoiler Feedback - Enchanted Banners and Cups , and have a very happy Thanksgiving if you’re celebrating!
  • So you thought I am gone?

This week we have, in my personal opinion, the biggest spoiler. You guys always wanted to know what Orisons really do?
    It is the new clergy part of the Equataine society! One of the three major parts. AND - we are lucky enough to have support on this release from @Dragon's Lake Miniaturas:

Dragon's Lake miniaturas is a Spanish 3D design and printing company, dedicated to the design and 3D printing of high-quality resin miniatures. They are currently focused on designs and miniatures compatible with the 9th Age and will also dedicate a month to design units for the army book upon release! - so keep an eye out for these!

Information:
    Online Store: dragonslakeminiaturas.com
    Patreon: patreon.com/dragonslake3dminiaturas
    Instagram: instagram.com/dragonslake_miniaturas/
    Facebook: facebook.com/Dragons-Lake-Miniaturas-109512157428057

And why is this important for this weeks spoiler, I hear you shout!? Well here it is:

Disclaimer: Everything can and will change! Nothing is set in stone
    Here it is:

I want to remind you that you need to be within 8" of an orison unit to get these buffs.
    • This means you cant just overload on heavy fighting units! You need your low dmg support pieces.
    You also can never have more then 1 buff on one unit
    It is also quite easy for opponents to deny you from getting new Tokens by dispelling this spell:

Heritage :

7+ gain 2 orison tokens

AND it is one PHASE only. Not turn. Not round. Phase. so choose wisely!

@Dragon's Lake Miniaturas have released Orision Token markers and counters for your KoE Army-needs. You can find them at the below links:
    Marker (kingdom of equitaine)-Orison tokens: dragonslakeminiaturas.com/producto/marcador-medieval/
    Dices-Orison tokens: dragonslakeminiaturas.com/producto/set-dados-medievales/dragonslakeminiaturas.com/producto/contador-personalizado/
    Custom counter: dragonslakeminiaturas.com/producto/contador-personalizado/

So please do report your ideas and feedback in this "Feedback Thread
    Your ACS

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby

The post was edited 2 times, last by Klexe ().

• New

Ivar K wrote:

Klexe wrote:

It was intended as last spoiler. I dont know really
    Write even something in the information thread. It does not need to be a spoiler.
    Even something

Joking aside. Currently we plan the start of the alpha and with the holidays and corona we didn't plan for any next spoilers.
    I will ask though.

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

Lord of the Hobby