New Game, seeking feedback and / or hiring

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Game, seeking feedback and / or hiring

Hi all

As many will already now, some parts of the community decided to launch an entire new "warhammer like" game.
      Clearly inspired by this Project, but totally fresh with some revolutionary ideas and one target:
      Each game must be concluded within 2 hours.

Sadly it was decided to not be free (i personally disagree with that but hey, dont shoot the messenger) but the vision is in brief "no losses for management, good money for the little guys". And by little i don't mean anything diminishing. In specific i mean all the hard working staff, like designers, miniatures makers etc.

We have the honors of signing up some former GW designers and what can i say, the ideas already presented are simply amazing.

Thank you for your attention, i will reply to this thread with more data which of course are totally open to any kind of remarks and / or criticism (in fact we would LOVE criticism and have a strong stomach :) )

Cheers :)
      Quem ri por último ri melhor.

"Because they provide the lethal combination of fallible human beings and the cover of anonymity, They think they can behave like adolescents and not be responsible for the consequences.
      It is the dream of the criminal mind in too many of us."

The post was edited 2 times, last by Leclerk_with_a_k ().

• I think some of these rules and such are rather fine. One thing I think you should definitely try to improve - if you want to come across as a professional business - is the way these are presented. The typography lacks cohesions. For example, you have Bold, Caps, Underscore and colour coding here, but there's no real rhyme or reason here as to what gets bolded, what gets underscored, what gets colour coded etc. Combine this with a mix of font sizes (for example, the last thing in the second image says "Special: Irrevocable Sacramanets" but they're in different sizes.

It's all well and good to preview upcoming WIP concepts and nobody will mind a typo or two, but the entire thing lacks structure and comes off as amateurish and is difficult to read. Once you have a format that's good, you can easily copy-paste new units and rules into that structure :)
    • Absolutely - this comes from the brainstorming drafts. It is no way CLOSE to officialdom :)
      The project epochs will be as follow

Draft
      Playtest
      Redraft
      Finalize
      Handed to professional Writers / Illustrators
      Published

I am just (secretly hehe) putting these here to create some hype (hopefully).

Edit. If anyone is interested we dont -yet- have any illustrators / writers and are hiring :)

"Because they provide the lethal combination of fallible human beings and the cover of anonymity, They think they can behave like adolescents and not be responsible for the consequences.
    • I am not sure if changeing Victorypoints (like the Strategems do) mid game will speed up the game as they add more to track or calculate.

Advisery Board Member

Click to apply to staff. Active in: TA, TS and ACS. My Youtube Channels: T9A in Bayern and T9A in Bavaria My Ebay shop: ebay.de/str/floriangressconsulting Owner of FlorianGressConsulting Voluntary absent due to RL till likely the 27.06.2022
    • nothing is decided yet. So far its just a bunch of guys throwing ideas allover (and me wowing on their imagination)

However, the decision is to run every game through a cellphone app. That -as i 've been told- will prevent piracy since all updates will be app specific. Plus, automatic ladder. Imagine a built in tourney keeper :)

Let me elaborate and if i write something funny, please note that i am not a actually a "tech wizard"

- You load list in app and initiate a game
      - Every casualty is official through the press of a button. I mean i swiftly tap to unit X, click on button, opponent does the same.
      - Rinse and repeat for each casualty
      - If stratagem is triggered app will automatically readjust all points.

So the immense time spared from calculation of VPs (and probably errors and discussions on them) could (possibly) allow for something new like stratagems (or hidden objectives :) )
      But like i said nothing is decided for we have a long way to go :)

However the ultimate goals is a two hour game. If stratagems do not assist in this they will be removed. The goal is absolutely adamant.

Edit. I've requested this app to be extended to 9th age and be offered for free (only to this forum ofc) since you guys were really nice and let us present our project. I don't see a single reason why it wont happen :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Leclerk_with_a_k ().

• Mornings

Some good news.
      We played an online game yesterday applying our new movement - charge - magic rules (which I will elaborate in a future post) with existing ninth lists in 4500 pts.
      We assumed that combat score will be automatic calculated via the upcoming application (baptized gamechanger) so didnt add needed time to the overall game duration and the result was pretty encouraging.

2 hours 45 mins approximately. Still many things need to be done but as an initial trial i think its quite good. When new movement - charge rules are cemented we might schedule an online display. Again i repeat the ultimate goal is 120 minutes tops.

Thank you ❤️

• Leclerk_with_a_k wrote:

Mornings

Some good news.
      We played an online game yesterday applying our new movement - charge - magic rules (which I will elaborate in a future post) with existing ninth lists in 4500 pts.
      We assumed that combat score will be automatic calculated via the upcoming application (baptized gamechanger) so didnt add needed time to the overall game duration and the result was pretty encouraging.

2 hours 45 mins approximately. Still many things need to be done but as an initial trial i think its quite good. When new movement - charge rules are cemented we might schedule an online display. Again i repeat the ultimate goal is 120 minutes tops.

Thank you ❤️

I'm pretty sure a ninth age game in 2h 45m not including time spent counting combat score is something the majority of gamers already find achievable with the current system...

But, I'll be interested to see what you come up with, even though I'll almost certainly be sticking to 9th.
    • Hey tks!
      Well let me put it this way. Besides the auto scoring there will be a tournament feature providing data instantly to to, a teams feature in which captain will know the score live, and a built in ladder.
      :)
      And thats on the first version :)

• I dont have a single clue on what you are talking about. But hey anyone is free to use whatever suits him. We are building a commercial product so we have to offer much more than free ones eventually :) ( i guess its free the newrecruit right?)

• Trying to be better than both the free and the paid versions of Newrecruit will be a difficult feat to achieve.

Advisery Board Member

Click to apply to staff. Active in: TA, TS and ACS. My Youtube Channels: T9A in Bayern and T9A in Bavaria My Ebay shop: ebay.de/str/floriangressconsulting Owner of FlorianGressConsulting Voluntary absent due to RL till likely the 27.06.2022
    • I might have to do my homework on this but besides that the app will be used for piracy protection. Basically you wont be able to have access to rules / points / stuff / updates without it. Extra features are so that we provide everything needed so that end users dont seek other products. I am pretty sure there are wonderful packages out there but we will persevere hopefully!

• If you really want to achieve 2h games, I think you need to severely decrease the amount of stats and special rules in the game compared to 9th Age.

I realise that unnecessary amounts of detail is central to the concept of (Warhammer) FB but...

Build something simpler from the ground up? Look at many different games for inspiration? Unless you just want to make 9th Age except your own. :)
    • MASTERWIRED wrote:

Sounds like you are planning on claiming a bunch of other people’s work as your own (T9A and NewRecruit) and then making money off it. Not ethical at all.
      Nope. Not at all. We are making something entirely new from scratch. Basically what you are saying is that in the world competition is unethical. It is an...interesting view point which of course is welcome. I always like learning new things