RHworldbuilding Essence of War Team

• from Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Member since Nov 9th 2019
Last Activity
, Viewing forum index

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is available! You can read all about it in the news.

About Me
About Me
Name:

Robert Hunter

How old are you?

Where are you from and where do you live right now?
Born in Vermont, USA, now living in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

What do you do for living?
I manage a distribution warehouse

Since when are you in the Hobby?
Since the mid 90s

How did you get into the Hobby and what have you done since then?
My older brother found wargaming when I was about 10. I didn't fully understand the game, but I liked to paint minis and roll dice :) I took a long break (occasionally painting a few sci-fi minis) until summer 2019. I had started drawing a few years ago, and wanted to make paper miniatures for wargaming. I needed to find what size bases to put them on, and lo! I found 9th Age, with it's free rulebooks for every faction! I was hooked and started designing and building paper miniatures for the old quickstarter.

Which armies do you play?
In Essence of War, I've played almost every faction as they come out, but it has helped me appreciate that each has its own flavor. But the books I study the most, and most of the miniatures I make/own are for the Beast Herds (Paper) and Saurian Ancients (plastic/resin)

Why do you support the 9th Age project?
The first thing that impressed me about T9A when I found it was the fact that the rules were free. Then I experienced the community aspect of the game here on the forum. Since joining I constantly meet amazing people that I never would've interacted with if it were not for 9th.

I joined the Essence of War team because I can personally attest that it teaches the basics of 9th Age, and because even as a smaller game, it never stops being fun (even after something like 25 games with the basic rules)

What is your personal role in the 9th Age project team?
I do whatever I can to promote Essence of War as both an effective starter system, and a highly-replayable and tactically exciting quick play system. I also try to keep the EoW playtesting moving by playing as many games as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my paper miniatures and artwork on
PATREON
INSTAGRAM
Personal Details
Birthday
Nov 23rd 1988 (32)
Contact Options
Website
http://Patreon.com/rhworldbuilding