Sylvan Elves 2.0 BETA Armybook

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• nantuko wrote:

The thing about death stars is that they usually only own one objective which we cannot contest: hold the ground.

The other objectives can be drawn easily and then we can win on points. If you want to win 20-0 every game you think you have dominated (and for this I want to underline that dictating the movement phase is not dominating) SE is not the army you should play. More often than not SE are winning small because there are many things we cannot touch, just control.
    No doubt. But that is problematic for singles tournament where small wins mean almost nothing. Great for team tournaments, though.

And not all armies are locked into a real death star. For example the Flame Warden star is a pretty descent option to form spontaneously if things go south. Meaning you don't face a death star at the beginning. You face a flexible and powerful army with multiple threads. And only if you win, the HBE army forms the death star to conserve points.

Dancing around a single death star that is the only real thread is not that difficult. Winning the shootout against HBE and then breaking their combat units is. And winning a game like that with measly 12 points can be very disappointing.

I don't want this to sound like whining. In general, close games are much more fun than sweeping victories. I just wanted to point out that other factions also create RPS scenarios, and certain builds punish aggressive SE mixed arms lists. Which is probably why we see so many shooty avoidance builds. If I play high risk successfully and only win 12:8, I can also play low risk shooty avoidance and also win 12:8.
  • SmithF wrote:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, imperial guard/flame wardens are nothing that a couple of Treefathers backed by bladedancers cannot handle...
    Obviously every army has his counters, but it's not like every army have 2 treefather to deal with deathstars.
    I was contesting the RPSness and annoying/unfun game that a death star brings into play, sometimes it seems to hear that only shooty avoidance is annoying/unfun.

nantuko wrote:

The thing about death stars is that they usually only own one objective which we cannot contest: hold the ground.

The other objectives can be drawn easily and then we can win on points. If you want to win 20-0 every game you think you have dominated (and for this I want to underline that dictating the movement phase is not dominating) SE is not the army you should play. More often than not SE are winning small because there are many things we cannot touch, just control.
    Was just pointing out that we are not the only army with annoying playstyles, anyway Arrahed explained it better than me.