BINDING SCROLL IS COMPLETELY WRONG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BINDING SCROLL IS COMPLETELY WRONG

RT, BLT and all the cucuzzaro (an italian word to mean "and all the other jolly good fellas") should think about this item...
    If somebody takes it twice (it's 0-2 my Lord) and in two consecutive turns addresses our racial attribute we can pack our things and go home... (because the dispel dice are more than enough to stop a couple of spells from another mage)
    Every build without two wizard masters or at least three adepts is completely shattered by this item.
    Are you sure our healing ability is going to be AUTOMATICALLY STOPPED for 110 points?
    VC could suffer it, in a similar way...

maybe not 0-2, or not the attributes...

I'm panicking...
  • I'm figuring out a meta shift: now magic has been nerfed, many people will start try no-magic builds, investing the ridiculous amount of 110 points to ensure domination of magic dependent armies (UD and VC), excellent protection against aggressive magic armies and a substantial draw against other no-magic builds (they both play 4390 pts each)

I'm throwing a RED FLAG on the pitch, please don't underestimate the threat

In single tourneys could be annoying, in team tournaments almost game breaking

In a general sense I find it scary

Under our UD pov it's TERRIFYING.
  • I see what you mean, my training partner for etc warmup is running SE with 2 scrolls, training hard for the warmup and i see its uses, though i wound't go for our Hereditary spell, but as we have spell selection and i mostly play adepts, he can shut 1 augment off instead and take a buffing spell out too (2 for one)
    Evocation adept only get to have one augment, Cosmos can have 2 (i would never take 2 cosmos, when i can pick ice and fire)

What i'm trying to say is, i like 2 scrolls, but would fear if he took out a buffing spell or ice and fire for 2 turns in a row, that would hurt my play, I do play 2 collosi and a cosmo adept for 3 ice and fire, which cant be avoided, but take away 1 augment and it really starts to hurt my healing abilities :/

I play him tuesday and know he brings 2, and will take note on the two scrolls and analyse how it affects my game :)
    But i fear them :/
  • I see your point, and your list (double adept plus double colossus) is partially sheltered from the effect.
    But tell ypur friend SE (shooting avoidance? Or wild huntsmen spam? Trees and driads?) to give one try to ban your best healer (the adept with the best augment) and stop the other one with dice. Obviously he should try to shoot out the colossi in turn 1 and 2, then pick another valuable target in your list while you cannot heal.
    But just imagine the same situation with a heavily armoured opponent (KoE, WoDG, DH...) your missiles are of little use and he engages you asap at nearly full strenght, negating cures...
    I don't know, it's just thoeryhammer now...
    Thank you for considering my thoughts, let me know
  • He is Etc player, he knows what to do ;)
    He will go for my buffs, but my cosmo mage cant have 2 augments for heal, as i always take ice and fire, and evo adept also only get one augment, which makes it even harder to keep colossi around as they cant heal themselves now..

2 Binding Scrolls in a row makes me only have 1 heal a turn, which is VERY tough to get through.
    Imagine a collossus getting hit by AP3 arrows, and he on my magic phase takes away one heal, use all 5 dice to dispel the other heal, and does it again next turn, how much of your army would be gone in those 2-3 turns..¨

If i start turn 1, he use it on me turn 2 and 3, and i only have turn 4+ to get back, i could just remove army and restart the game..

So i agree 2 Binding is INSANE..

On a sidenote, colossi really took a hit in the hotfix.. I usually let them run alongside eachother and support themselves, now i need to be 18" from my evo mage, 24" from cosmo mage. If im 19" away, he can just use all dice to dispel cosmo and i cant really use em as hunters of things and stuff as they now need support :)
  • Wohoel wrote:

He is Etc player, he knows what to do ;)

So i agree 2 Binding is INSANE..

On a sidenote, colossi really took a hit in the hotfix.. I usually let them run alongside eachother and support themselves, now i need to be 18" from my evo mage, 24" from cosmo mage. If im 19" away, he can just use all dice to dispel cosmo and i cant really use em as hunters of things and stuff as they now need support :)

yeah did'nt want to teach anybody how to play, I worried I did'nt explained my concerns clearly so I repeated myself ;)

and Yes, the colossi took it hard...
  • Wohoel wrote:

I see what you mean, my training partner for etc warmup is running SE with 2 scrolls, training hard for the warmup and i see its uses, though i wound't go for our Hereditary spell, but as we have spell selection and i mostly play adepts, he can shut 1 augment off instead and take a buffing spell out too (2 for one)
    Evocation adept only get to have one augment, Cosmos can have 2 (i would never take 2 cosmos, when i can pick ice and fire)

What i'm trying to say is, i like 2 scrolls, but would fear if he took out a buffing spell or ice and fire for 2 turns in a row, that would hurt my play, I do play 2 collosi and a cosmo adept for 3 ice and fire, which cant be avoided, but take away 1 augment and it really starts to hurt my healing abilities :/

I play him tuesday and know he brings 2, and will take note on the two scrolls and analyse how it affects my game :)
    But i fear them :/
    Disclaimer : I'm a SE player and i have only a vague idea of how UD army work.

I can easily say that 3 ice and fire against a SE army is completely INSANE (more so if coupled with your archers that ignore penalty), so something completely insane against something completely insane is fair game, no ? Off course it would lead to mutual destruction but balance can't cover every single matchup (yet).
    Then i think SE would be one of the few army that would bring a similar magic defense in tourney, so is basically a matchup issue, not something so big to warrant a caps title.
    Then maybe i'm undervaluating the desperate need for healing of the UD or maybe you are undervaluating the desperate need of magic protection of other races, i just wanted to give you a different point of view :) .
  • I see your point, Chack, but the issue is not about SE, at all. and the two scales colossi are not mandatory (even if I know they will burn a SE archery section in two magic phases, which is very painful)

My concern is about the possibility for EVERY army in the game to bring two scrolls and completely shatter our healing, make VC healing also very difficult, with a disproportionate investment of points (110 vs 800-1000)

If the SE matchup could be "toss a coin the loser will be annihilated" with very resilient armies its "toss a coin, UD is annihilated..."
  • setepenmentou wrote:

How to f*ck the binding scroll ? bring 2 wizards. Honestly I feel we're starting to be like the guys who yelled at our swarms making the BLT nerf them (and bring them back to the shelf).
    although I do find it funny that swarms, definitely too OP, and apparently shabti too, but being able to almost completely stop undead healing for 2 turns? Nah! that's balanced!
    “You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways.” -Lan Mandragoran, EotW

UD Army Community Support

Playtester

Supreme Death Cult Hierarch

Dovie’andi se tovya sagain.