Taking Input on New Character Idea - Troubadour

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• That is pretty telling that WHFB could create rules like that But T9A cannot.

If I have to chose between a fun game and a balanced one, I will always pick the fun one.
    "In the end rules are just the groundwork for 2 players to have an agreement on how the game is played. If you friends/gaming group is fine with it you can do what ever you want with the game." - Smart Guy on the T9A forum

"By the Lady, is that Elderberries I smell?" - Duke Niemar of Snowfall's Eves
  • Klexe wrote:

• Auto flee if a knight charges (if you want)
    • Any defensive bonus (towershield. Zero dmg but parry AND distracting perhaps ward?)

Either of these would be perfect

Duke Niemar wrote:

Different break tests are by far the easiest to balance there. Towershields might see people play full peasant point denial and use warmachines to score points. Not what we want to encourage.
    The way around that is it only comes into affect when knights are in base contact, probably added to Oath of Fealty so certain knights trigger it. For example, aspirants and questers wouldnt. Boom! Synergy with knights, focus on knights winning the glory. That was actually something i pushed for a while. I'l start again ;)
  • But then we would be doing those frontal charges that we should not do. Or are the peasants going to be flanking together with the knights? Okay.

Limiting it to only certain branches of knighthood is fair. Quest and aspirants are at a leisure from their oaths so cannot inspire control over the populace. Fluffy and logical.

Grails and Sworns (Realms) are the caretakers of the land as normal, they are the baseline knight, so could order the peasantry around much easier. Albeit grails should be quite a bit more elite than Sworns.
    "In the end rules are just the groundwork for 2 players to have an agreement on how the game is played. If you friends/gaming group is fine with it you can do what ever you want with the game." - Smart Guy on the T9A forum

"By the Lady, is that Elderberries I smell?" - Duke Niemar of Snowfall's Eves
  • I don't think a frontal charge becomes a problem anymore because that eliminates doubling charging with knights so long as peasants are in there. However i do like encouraging flank charges, i personally would prefer that to be one of the requirements. For the knights to be in the flank or rear of the enemy unit. Which leads to ----> lets come up with rules to help us win the wing battles ;)
  • I am playing with the idea that Peasants could take a Champion upgrade.

Villein
    Models in a unit with this rule cannot use Swirling Melee. When engaged in the same Close Combat as a friendly unit with half or more models without Serf, models in this unit cannot make Secondary Attacks and no Secondary Attacks can be allocated against R&F models in this unit.

In case I didn't write it well enough. Peasants stop making secondary attacks and enemies stop making secondary attacks against them as the peasants hunker down for defense.

Army Design Team

:KoE: :O&G: :SA: