Website team needs army photographs! :D

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• WastelandWarrior wrote:

Perfect! Just needs background photoshopping on the black screen and its an awesome book double page spread!
    No need for this , as we are looking for a banner. (mean the photo need to be crop and keep only 1/3 of the height)

The painting of the army are awesome ! And model great.
    The photography quality is cool also. HD and no blur.
    The composition is good.

Only stuff negative:
    backgroudn and decor is a bit poor,
    and i am afraid that the picture could be a bit confused when cropped ? Need try.

Anyway, for the moment its definitly the photo most close of what we need, that i have seen on this topic.
    cas-p.net / graphic & web designer.
    SE - VS - O&G - EoS / 9th age player.
  • Mad 'At wrote:

@jarnalyrkar

I took this pic recently, you are welcome to use it .
    Like any person with eyesight, love it. Especially those characterful greenies you've got there. Are they both your armies? Very inspirational and would make a great banner, thanks for sharing.

P.s. Is that cave gobbo on a green stuffed mount, or if not recall from what range?

Would love to see more of them, however I can't find any more (OnG) pictures in your T9A albums unfortunately... :hint: ;)
    “Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.”
    ✧✧✧ Make Greenskins great again ✧✧✧
  • Casp wrote:

WastelandWarrior wrote:

Perfect! Just needs background photoshopping on the black screen and its an awesome book double page spread!
    No need for this , as we are looking for a banner. (mean the photo need to be crop and keep only 1/3 of the height)
    The painting of the army are awesome ! And model great.
    The photography quality is cool also. HD and no blur.
    The composition is good.

Only stuff negative:
    backgroudn and decor is a bit poor,
    and i am afraid that the picture could be a bit confused when cropped ? Need try.

Anyway, for the moment its definitly the photo most close of what we need, that i have seen on this topic.
    I could take some new photos. Could you expand a bit on what could be improved? Atm I don't have quick access to any appropriate terrain, but after October that shouldn't be an issue. Do you think a higher angle and more miniatures sprawling out behinds the battlelines would be a good idea?

DiaLogical wrote:

Mad 'At wrote:

@jarnalyrkar

I took this pic recently, you are welcome to use it .
    Like any person with eyesight, love it. Especially those characterful greenies you've got there. Are they both your armies? Very inspirational and would make a great banner, thanks for sharing.
    P.s. Is that cave gobbo on a green stuffed mount, or if not recall from what range?

Would love to see more of them, however I can't find any more (OnG) pictures in your T9A albums unfortunately... :hint: ;)
    Both are mine, glad you liked 'em :)

Which gobbo? There is are two on greenstuffed mounts, one in the foreground and one in the back. Regardless, both gobbos are plain 'ol GW. Converted with GW skeleton spears though.

I havn't bothered to do much backtracking of my albums on this site. I have a blog on Carpe Noctem though with 11 pages of greenskins.
  • Mad 'At wrote:

I could take some new photos. Could you expand a bit on what could be improved? Atm I don't have quick access to any appropriate terrain, but after October that shouldn't be an issue. Do you think a higher angle and more miniatures sprawling out behinds the battlelines would be a good idea?
    I have make a test of crop, and add a color tone, pretty quickly, just to see and show to you. (exported in bad quality to quick upload)

After reflexion, in fact terrain is not needed. As we need to zoom enough. (maybe one tree, or a part of a house could be good.. But not really essential)
    So your photo is actually pretty good.

Maybe you can still make some other try, by focusing more on this center of the photography to adjust composition:

The large army feeling is succeed.
    Now maybe add a bit of space around heroes to highlight them woudl be better ? Not sure.
    I would also like to see how would it be with a point of view angle a bit more open ?

The awesome banner add a really good detail level. Thats cool.

So conclusion, in fact your actual photo is good as it is.
    I cant really say to you ho to improve it, but if you can propose us some test variation, would be great to make our final choice.

Wait to take time for other photo a confirmation of other team member.
    But for me, we can say that we go with this army.
    @Giladis @Scottish Knight @Crafty Could you validate this ?
  • It might just be me but the colour pallet feels too condensed to a point where I have difficulty separating things. Units do not stand sufficiently out turning the image into basically colour noise.

The banner is the only thing that catches my attention.

It would really benefit us if there was greater contrast between the surface the colour pallet of the armies on the photo :)

Background Team

Rules Team

Conceptual Design

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :BH: :DL: :DE: :DH: :EoS: :HE: :ID: :KoE: :OK: :O&G: :SA: :SE_bw: :VS: :UD_bw: :VC: :WDG:
  • @Giladis You should look at original photo. rather than the banner. Even if banner, give a taste of final result.

Now even in the original pict, there is no hudge contraste between 2 army. So of course, when toned, it will not help.
    maybe remove black orcs, for somehting more dark ? and keep the light for undead.

Anyway what do you think about those model and this kind of photo ? Should we go with this. I dotn want to ask other photo, if at final we dont choose this one.
  • Casp wrote:

You should look at original photo.
    Original is much better.

Casp wrote:

there is no hudge contraste between 2 army.
    The problem is not the contrast between armies but between the armies and the surface. There is a reason why for photography purposes GW went for bright green surfaces that allowed the models to pop out regardless if they were painted in dark or light tones.

Casp wrote:

Anyway what do you think about those model and this kind of photo ?
    The composition is acceptable though there could be some minor adjustments based on the size of objects in the foreground compared to the background.

@Mad 'At is there a chance you could retake that shot a light green table? And maybe push the Varkolak slightly more in the background of the composition :)

Background Team

Rules Team

Conceptual Design

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :BH: :DL: :DE: :DH: :EoS: :HE: :ID: :KoE: :OK: :O&G: :SA: :SE_bw: :VS: :UD_bw: :VC: :WDG:
  • @Giladis @Casp

I could take more pics certainly, though I won't have the material to change terrain or gaming mat until in November.

I think getting rid of the Iron Orcs could be a good idea. And I certainly could put some more thought into composition with regards to miniature size. I'd like my Wreaking Teams to be in the picture but they should probably be in the back next to the Cave Gnasher Chief.

The gaming mat I used in the pic was chosen based on how similar it is in colour to the bases of my army. We do have a bright green one in the club but I'm not entirely convinced that would improve matters.
  • Mad 'At wrote:

The gaming mat I used in the pic was chosen based on how similar it is in colour to the bases of my army. We do have a bright green one in the club but I'm not entirely convinced that would improve matters.
    I agree actual mat fit well.
    And final verison will get lot more photoshop color love adjust, than this quick draft banner i have done to show you the result ;)