The Great Scheme of The 9th Age.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• Is there a way to submit material to the BGT?

I think some kind of contest or forum event to motivate those with background material to submit it in a useful format, a format easy for them to read, proof and use/integrate into the army books.

But background, in my opinion, is one of the main attractions of a wargame. You may like the rules but the background hooks you, lets you dream of your army and its place in your faction, also makes the game a lot more enjoyable... it is the difference between pushing plastic soldiers and commanding imaginary armies.
    • Really nice piece!

I like the style it's written in. It's good in setting the mood.
      On one side it's all hopeless, since basically there's always a reason for war, but on the other hand everybody does have it's own reasons. Having said this I think that it's not overly dramatic.

The piece is also informative/inspirational for making up your own story: "Do I want to play as a rising power or as the underdog defending my nation", etc...
    • Rolando wrote:

Is there a way to submit material to the BGT?

I think some kind of contest or forum event to motivate those with background material to submit it in a useful format, a format easy for them to read, proof and use/integrate into the army books.

But background, in my opinion, is one of the main attractions of a wargame. You may like the rules but the background hooks you, lets you dream of your army and its place in your faction, also makes the game a lot more enjoyable... it is the difference between pushing plastic soldiers and commanding imaginary armies.
      I Imagine there will be (similar to the art contest we are currently running - personal speculation, not official btw.).

As the framework continues to be built, I think we'll see people writing their own stories to fill in those gaps - but we need a consistent framework first to build upon.

Head of Lectors

Quick Starter Team

"...take a step back and remember that we are playing a game where we roll dice and move little people around the board."

- Grouchy Badger

• Raz Ivovich wrote:

SA. Super racist, fighting for the good of one pure reality. No political parties, everything run by variouspriesthoods.
      And that what BEFORE you read the story of Pazquiliztli in the Ninth Scroll nº4………

Still think we don't have any worthwhile fluff ??
      GHAÂAÂAÂARN ! — The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young
      First T9A player in West Africa
    • Haven't seen the story in scroll 4 yet. Also have to apologise. It's quite a big section of background stories here in the forum which I haven't noticed before (even if I have posted new threads there).

But, what I have seen so far, now, and have written here myself is basically just refrasings of the fluff already made by GW. This story of the master and his... being a fresh addition to t9a lore without ties to GW mythology.

Haven't seen the background of WoDG (warriors of..), which is supposed to be a new separate t9a army.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raz Ivovich ().

• Raz Ivovich wrote:

Haven't seen the background of WoDG (warriors of..), which is supposed to be a new separate t9a army.
      8o

Geez, so actually you don't even know you're talking about :largegrin:

no wonder that you're still a GW fanboy………
      OK so basically everything you've always wanted to know about Warriors of Chaos and that GW never cared about explaining (what do they eat, where do they sleep, what are their family relations, why and how do people become Chaos Warriors, where do they find their equipment, etc.), you'll find it in that book
      GHAÂAÂAÂARN ! — The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young
      First T9A player in West Africa
    • all mortals are ablento become warriors of the dark gods.

Orcs, elves, dwarves, saurians, all are able to sell their souls!

That alone is wicked cool to me.

Head of Lectors

Quick Starter Team

"...take a step back and remember that we are playing a game where we roll dice and move little people around the board."

- Grouchy Badger