DH Seekers and Ancient Grudge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• DH Seekers and Ancient Grudge

3 questions about DH:

1) Seeker and shamanism attribute "scarification": how does it works the seekers rule "yer comin with me" (never wound on worse than 4+) with the attribute (meele attacks against the target can never wound on better than 5+)? The active player choose which one ?

2)Seeker yer comin with me: if there are less seekers than the wounds that they suffer from different enemy units that have the same agility step, against which one i use my yer comin with me attacks? (i.e. 5 seekers against 2 aurochs, the first one kills 4 seekers, the second one 3, i have 7 wound suffer but only 5 attacks to give, how i divide the hit?)

3)Ancient grudge: if i hate at the start of the game a enemy unit with inside a character, if the character leaves the unit, i still hate him? And if a character that i dont hate, joins the unit i will hate also him?

Thanks in advance =)
  • 1) Whenever you have two effects that should apply at the same time but are contradictory, you choose the worst roll/result -> 5+, scarification win. It's described somewhere in priority of modifiers, start of the brb.

2) Mmmh, I'd say the active player decide which Auroch attacked "first". @Eisenheinrich @Lagerlof

3) You mark a unit/model on the army list. See it like a rule you give to enemy units. So if a character leave a marked unit, you don't have hatred against him, but if a character joins the unit, you get hatred against him (because the rule says "[...] gain Hatred [...], and against models joined to units with more than half of their models marked."
  • Alzam wrote:

2) Mmmh, I'd say the active player decide which Auroch attacked "first". @Eisenheinrich @Lagerlof
    I don't think the rules for simultaneous effects apply here, and I don't think that there are actually any rules that explicitely cover this case.

Imo it cannot be resolved by deciding which model attacked first, as the attacks from both models happen at the same time.
    Any excess HP losses inflicted are ignored, so the question is which player gets to decide which HP losses are ignored.

Since it's the attacker who allocates/distributes attacks, to me it feels more "natural" that it's also the attacker who gets to decide which HP losses are ignored (but this is just gut feeling ;) ).
  • Eisenheinrich wrote:

Alzam wrote:

I don't think the rules for simultaneous effects apply here, and I don't think that there are actually any rules that explicitely cover this case.
    Imo it cannot be resolved by deciding which model attacked first, as the attacks from both models happen at the same time.
    Any excess HP losses inflicted are ignored, so the question is which player gets to decide which HP losses are ignored.

Since it's the attacker who allocates/distributes attacks, to me it feels more "natural" that it's also the attacker who gets to decide which HP losses are ignored (but this is just gut feeling ;) ).
    Considering that both Aurochs are separate units, in my opinion you are coming with me should affect the one who's attacks were determined first.
    DH - main
    WODG - secondary
    OK - passion project for the future
  • Happy Aspid wrote:

Considering that both Aurochs are separate units, in my opinion you are coming with me should affect the one who's attacks were determined first.
    Yea, but an important part of our rules is that every thing at the same initiative strike exactly at the same time. Like rolling the dices at the same time is the perfect way to do it. Thus none were determined first.
  • babbonatale- wrote:

2)Seeker yer comin with me: if there are less seekers than the wounds that they suffer from different enemy units that have the same agility step, against which one i use my yer comin with me attacks? (i.e. 5 seekers against 2 aurochs, the first one kills 4 seekers, the second one 3, i have 7 wound suffer but only 5 attacks to give, how i divide the hit?)
    You resolve all of the Aurochs' attacks separately and see the casualties.
    The DH player then allocates the attacks towards the model that caused the casualty. Since when there is overkill both enemy models caused the casualty, the dwarf player selects.
    So in this case you can allocate up to 4 attacks on the first auroch, and up to 3 on the second one, from your pool of 5.

Underlined and bolded for the key phrase. Allocation is an act by the unit-controlling player. @Eisenheinrich @Alzam
    Hristo Nikolov