Pinned V205 Error report thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The latest issue of the 9th Scroll is here! You can read all about it in the news.

• Klexe wrote:

@Eisenheinrich

question about HBE

Queens Cavalier says ALL chars must be large and ridden
    Why then does the cavalier have the option for a normal horse?
    Doesnt make sense as you cant play it lol
    "If the bearer’s model is Large or Gigantic:"
    Rules Questions?

ETC 2016 - Referee
    ETC 2017 Warm-up Herford - Head Judge
    ETC 2017 Salamanca - Head Judge
    ETC 2018 - Team Sweden - Ogre Khans (ETC HYPE - CLICK ME!)
  • Lagerlof wrote:

Klexe wrote:

@Eisenheinrich

question about HBE

Queens Cavalier says ALL chars must be large and ridden
    Why then does the cavalier have the option for a normal horse?
    Doesnt make sense as you cant play it lol
    "If the bearer’s model is Large or Gigantic:"
    Ahh lol

Translation Team DE

Product-Search

KoE Community Support

• I may miss something but it seems the Figure 18 (Blocked Path situations in Chapter 11) is wrong, as the combat reform made by the charged unit make it avoid the unit spacing rule with the unit C. And nothing in the "blocked path" chapter nor in the "combat reform" allow that (in fact the latter specify it have to follow the unit spacing rule).
    Armies : DE, UD - Co-organise : Nain Gros-Gnon
  • Minidudul wrote:

I may miss something but it seems the Figure 18 (Blocked Path situations in Chapter 11) is wrong, as the combat reform made by the charged unit make it avoid the unit spacing rule with the unit C. And nothing in the "blocked path" chapter nor in the "combat reform" allow that (in fact the latter specify it have to follow the unit spacing rule).
    Nice catch!
    Funny, it's been like this forever ;) .
  • @Eru @fjugin

Guys.. RB v205.1 contains a major layout discrepancy.. well as far as I'm concerned..

p.86 contains a single line: the last item of list of height items

A Shaken model cannot perform any of the following actions:
    • Shooting Attacks
    Is there any possibility to improve this layout as it looks very weird?.. Even for just a few weeks.. Thanks.

the-ninth-age.com/index.php?at…e14bcc3fd54825c28944bdc26
    KEEP CALM AND PLAY THE 9TH AGE

The post was edited 2 times, last by Skarloc ().

• Some might be only question :

1) Miscast
    When a player rolls their casting roll and three or more Magic Dice roll the same value, the Casting Attempt results in a Miscast (regardless of whether the Casting Attempt is passed or not). If the Casting Attempt is successful and not dispelled, apply the effects of the Miscast

=> What the prupose of making miscast when casting attempt not successful if the effect only apply if succesful ?
    Seems an useless precision, and maybe quite confusing.

2) Magical move
    The move is performed as if in the Moving Units sub-phase

=> There no such sub-phase (it's a paragraph title but not really a sub-phase), may add "sub phase 3 of the movement phase" once in the paragraph, or title the sub phase in the movement phase list by this name. To be sure it's clear. It take a little time to me to make sure the pointed section exist. ^^

3) attacks in chapter 14 & 15
    For both shooting and melee there is how to hit, fine, but nothing says "continue the attacks sequence" at the end of the paragraph, or in return, before the description to hit, a statement like "use the attacks sequence with this procedure to hit".
    (it was flagrant to me with the transition 15.D.e to 15.D.f)

4) Figure 30 : Splitting Combat.
    ...Calculate Combat Score in this case as one single combat (unit C grants a Flank Bonus).

=> may we precise "only unit C grants a Flank bonus" ? I understand unit D don't in the rule tied to the exemple, but I'll be more sure if the exemple confirm it.

5) Fleeing a combat
    If the direction of the Flee Move cannot be determined, e.g. because the enemy units that won the Round of Combat were removed as casualties, the Broken unit Flees directly away from the closest enemy unit instead (Centre of Unit to Centre of Unit).

=> uh, I need an other (or more detailled) exemple to justify this sentence, I though if the is no more foes you automaticaly are considered as winner, so it need the ennemy unit disapear between break test and moving fleeing unit (or something like this, I have some trouble to imagine this case - it's like "oh this won't hurt to cover an case that can't happen, huhu" - I probably already ask this before :whistling: )

6) Figure 32. a)
    No mention of the unit C, seems like (in this part) she'es finally not rolling for pursue because the B already destroyed the fleeing unit. Sure the impression is corrected just after and in the diagram, but a line can't hurt. :)
  • Skarloc wrote:

@Eru @fjugin

Guys.. RB v205.1 contains a major layout discrepancy.. well as far as I'm concerned..

p.86 contains a single line: the last item of list of height items

A Shaken model cannot perform any of the following actions:
    • Shooting Attacks
    Is there any possibility to improve this layout as it looks ver weird?.. Even for just a few weeks.. Thanks.

the-ninth-age.com/index.php?at…e14bcc3fd54825c28944bdc26
    Woops, not pretty! I'm already working on 0.205.2, which will be less rushed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Slim Layout Coordinator

Translation Coordinator

Translation-Team FR

I ♥ LaTeX

Local Moderator (French)

LaTeX... You fear to go into those complex interactions between packages. The dwarves coded too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of TeX-dum... shadow and flame.
  • Minidudul wrote:

1) Miscast
    When a player rolls their casting roll and three or more Magic Dice roll the same value, the Casting Attempt results in a Miscast (regardless of whether the Casting Attempt is passed or not). If the Casting Attempt is successful and not dispelled, apply the effects of the Miscast

=> What the prupose of making miscast when casting attempt not successful if the effect only apply if succesful ?
    Seems an useless precision, and maybe quite confusing.
    I do recall that there is a reason for that, but I don't remember the exact reason ;) . Maybe it has something to do with rerolls of magic dice that should not be possible in case of miscasts.

Minidudul wrote:

5) Fleeing a combat
    If the direction of the Flee Move cannot be determined, e.g. because the enemy units that won the Round of Combat were removed as casualties, the Broken unit Flees directly away from the closest enemy unit instead (Centre of Unit to Centre of Unit).

=> uh, I need an other (or more detailled) exemple to justify this sentence, I though if the is no more foes you automaticaly are considered as winner, so it need the ennemy unit disapear between break test and moving fleeing unit (or something like this, I have some trouble to imagine this case - it's like "oh this won't hurt to cover an case that can't happen, huhu" - I probably already ask this before )

Eisenheinrich wrote:

Imagine a situation in which a unit with path of the exiled that contains a sorcerer fails a break test, and then wipes out the enemy unit with its attacks. The winning unit is destroyed, yet the sorcerer still failed the break test and needs to flee.Or there is a second WDG unit engaged in the same combat. Both of them fail their break tests, the path of the exiled unit destroys the winning unit, the other WDG still has to flee.
    In both cases, with the winning unit gone, the flee direction could not be determined based on the previous rules.
    And this is not WDG specific. Theoretically this could also happen with units from other books (e.g. gnasher herd), but apparently it never came up before ;) .

I'll look into your other suggestions.
  • A couple things:

p.34 Marching Columns:

Instead of deploying a unit, a player may choose to make all undeployed unitsDelayed that are not using Special Deployment.
    Shouldn't this say

Instead of deploying a unit, a player may choose to make all of his undeployed unitsDelayed that are not using Special Deployment.

p. 42, Charge Reactions and Stand and Shoot
    In these places, the rules describe again when a unit counts as being in which arc of its target. This has already been explained on p.9/10, in a different - but equivalent - way. Why the extra confusion instead of referring to earlier definitions?

p. 45, Figure 18
    The description of the figure uses the wrong priorities for maximising contact (old 204 definition)
    WDG player - "Please, not in the face..."

GRILLZONE - mein Hobby Blag
  • Minidudul wrote:

Some might be only question :
    5) Fleeing a combat

=> uh, I need an other (or more detailled) exemple to justify this sentence, I though if the is no more foes you automaticaly are considered as winner, so it need the ennemy unit disapear between break test and moving fleeing unit (or something like this, I have some trouble to imagine this case - it's like "oh this won't hurt to cover an case that can't happen, huhu" - I probably already ask this before :whistling: )

First what comes to my mind is splitting combat: you split into two, wipe out unit and still loose on combat score.

Second is Path of Exiled from WotDG - they loose, fail break test, make million attacks, die and other units from their side are still on lost side of combat, but enemy was wiped out after calculating combat score ;)
  • WarX wrote:

First what comes to my mind is splitting combat: you split into two, wipe out unit and still loose on combat score.
    Second is Path of Exiled from WotDG - they loose, fail break test, make million attacks, die and other units from their side are still on lost side of combat, but enemy was wiped out after calculating combat score ;)
    The first one can't happen, if you split the combat due to casualties and in one side one unit wipe out his enemies, this unit apply no more foes (because it killed his enemies before combat resolution)

The second one is correct, and relatively easy with WDG path of exiled
  • jimmygrill wrote:

p.34 Marching Columns:

Instead of deploying a unit, a player may choose to make all undeployed unitsDelayed that are not using Special Deployment.
    Shouldn't this say
    Instead of deploying a unit, a player may choose to make all of his undeployed unitsDelayed that are not using Special Deployment
    Yeah, would be fun to make all your opponent's units delayed though ;) .

jimmygrill wrote:

p. 42, Charge Reactions and Stand and Shoot
    In these places, the rules describe again when a unit counts as being in which arc of its target. This has already been explained on p.9/10, in a different - but equivalent - way. Why the extra confusion instead of referring to earlier definitions?

p. 45, Figure 18
    The description of the figure uses the wrong priorities for maximising contact (old 204 definition)
    You're probably not using the current version of the BRB (0.205.1). I think both issues have already been fixed.
  • New

An other small serie of personnal notes :

1) Focused can use the word "allocated" in order to make this term a little more used as it's not a complicated one.
    I think it can also simplify by being intuitive (allocated would be the contrary of distributed, which is not exactly the case now as there is some exception as the Focused spell type).
    This would lead to change the description of allocated in the Attacks chapter a little to include non close combat attacks too.

2) failing a fear test make the unit shaken until the end of the phase.
    I think it would help a lot to precise that the main effect of this is that the unit would be unable to pursue/overrun. It's easy to forget that as this state is mainly used for the move phase (I had to check if there was still an effect or if it was a remainder of the first version with +/-1 to hit in the shaken state)

3) find weird that only "harnassed" make a model counting as "on foot" or not, think inanimate could make the job too (for exemple the scythed skywheel feel more inanimate than harnassed to me, maybe not for the BG). Maybe the Steam tank being "mounted" will change drastically his power if this change ? but this will help to avoid such situation with mount having inanimate and harnassed on the same model part. There still will remain some weird situation like DH copter "on foot" this said. ^^
  • New

Minidudul wrote:

An other small serie of personnal notes :

3) find weird that only "harnassed" make a model counting as "on foot" or not, think inanimate could make the job too (for exemple the scythed skywheel feel more inanimate than harnassed to me, maybe not for the BG). Maybe the Steam tank being "mounted" will change drastically his power if this change ? but this will help to avoid such situation with mount having inanimate and harnassed on the same model part. There still will remain some weird situation like DH copter "on foot" this said. ^^
    I think biggest pathology is here that Dwarven heroes cannot parry when mounted on Shieldbearers, because they are mounted (there is some model part with harnessed), but logicaly they are still on foot :p
  • New

WarX wrote:

I think biggest pathology is here that Dwarven heroes cannot parry when mounted on Shieldbearers, because they are mounted (there is some model part with harnessed), but logicaly they are still on foot :p
    Hum... not sure it's that easy to be in equilibrium on top of a shield. ^^

And maybe a last set of note :

1) Shooting weapon
    Each Shooting Weapon has a maximum range, a Strength, and an Armour Penetration value, and can have one or more Attack Attributes.

=> miss the "number of shoot" in this list to be exhaustive (miss just one, that bad, all of this because the removal of the multiple shot rule).

2) Ambush and Scout

=> the introduction of the two rule differ a lot while it's almost the same idea. Maybe they can be standardized more.

3) Attack attributes
    Attack Attributes are divided into the following sub-categories that define what attacks they affect.

=> almost sure I already told this, but why not being sure it's said : I'll gladly add at the end of the sentence ", while given to a model or model part (ignore this if given to attacks directly)."

4) Frenzy
    Frenzy Tests and Restrain Pursuit Tests taken by units with at least one model with Frenzy are subject to Maximised Roll.

=> fell like this sentence is lost in the paragraph of "how to see if the movement is possible", maybe move it at the end or the beginning, while it affect more than the frenzy test.

5) Did it was considered to use italic or whatever thing that stand out examples in the text ?
    Sometimes it's a whole paragraph between two part of a rule, and it will ease a lot when searching for a point of a rule if we can skip it (or the contrary find them).